PDA

View Full Version : New

ChiRen
02-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Hi guys.
My name is Lauren, I'm ((almost)) 16, and live near Chicago. I'm currently pet-less :( but used to have a Westie up until two years ago when we had to put her down. I've been working on my parents to get another one but who knows if that will ever happen ((they told me to wait until school is over to get a real answer :rolleyes: )).
Hopefully I'll have good news for you guys in a few months!!! :D

Lauren

GoldenRetrLuver
02-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi Lauren! :)
I go by a bunch of different nicknames here, but I'm Julie. ;) I'm 14 years old, and am owned by a two year old Golden Retriever named Daisy, and a three year old Rough, Sable and White Collie named Molly. I also have a Pied Cockatiel named Piper, two cats named Angel and Dillian, and six Desert Tortoises. :)

Welcome to the group! This place is addicting though....you're stuck for life once you join. ;) Good Luck with getting a dog! It took me a while to get my first one too.

ChiRen
02-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome Julie!
Is that your Golden Retriever in your signature? She's so cute! I love Goldens! :)
My neighbors moved away a few weeks ago, but they had the sweetest Golden Retriever named Tazz. He was such a cutie. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Yes Ma'm. :D
Goldens are the best breed, aren't they? ;)

Here's one of my favorites of her.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/pf80e542e7d9a2c4de11388ea6245ba95/fb1653b2.jpg

I can't forget Molly either..
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p834bfb0ada48689fcbddcca991371620/f9c1e78d.jpg

dappledoxie
Hi Lauren! Welcome to Pet-Talk! You'll love it here, I am fairly new and I already love it! I am sorry to hear of the loss of your doggie, I know how hard it can be, got any pics you could share of him, westies are such cuties! I am Brandy, I own two dachshunds and an australian shepherd. I co-own another doxie and have a few other pets too. Hope to chat more soon!

mugsy
Welcome Lauren,

I'm an oldster. I'm 42 and a middle school teacher. My husband and I have 11 rescue dogs and drive transports and have started coordinating them also. I hope your parents will allow you to have a dog if you want one...just show them you're responsible by doing stuff around the house without being asked and that sort of thing and maybe you'll convince them. Good luck!

CatDad
02-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Welcome to PT Lauren!!!!

I am sure that you will love it here as much as the rest of us do. I am another oldster. I have two kitties, you can see there faces in my sig file. I would take Mugsy's advice, that should give you a good shot anyway.:)

Wow Mugsy your old.;):p:D Ok, I am not that far behind you.

ChiRen
02-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Thanks again for the welcomes you guys! This place already seems great! :)
Julie your dogs are so adorable! Molly is gorgeous, I love her color! :D
Brandy I have a bunch of pictures of her so I'll try and get them up ASAP. :)
Mugsy thanks for the advice. :) My parents know I can handle a dog, but they just don't know if getting one now is the best idea since I only have two more years left at home before I go to college. I'm still working on it though, and I'm not giving up yet!:p ;)

Lauren

mugsy
02-13-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
Wow Mugsy your old.;):p:D Ok, I am not that far behind you.

Thanks for rubbing that in CD! lol

Well Lauren...good luck and keep us posted.

slick
02-13-2004, 10:30 PM
WELCOME TO PET TALK!!

Well, I'm the oldest one to reply to this thread so far :eek:

They call me Slick but my real name is Vickie. I'm 51 and owned by 2 cats, Max and Speckles. When I retire (and I can hardly wait) I'm also going to get a rescue dog probably around 5 or 6 yrs. old.

One thing about this site is that we all care about each other and each other's pets. We cry when one loses one and we rejoice when another pet comes through sir jury (surgery) and returns home.

You will also find this site to be a good resource of information.

Actually I think the BEST part is that there are meetings held all around the country. You'll have to check out the Meetings forum to see if any Pet Talkers are planning one in your area.

Miss Meow
02-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

I am Nicole and am owned by four cats and the two dogs in my signature :)

I hope you are able to get another dog soon. You sound like a responsible, caring person and there are many dogs who need loving homes :)

ChiRen
02-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Thanks Vickie. :)
Those meetings sound great, I would love to go to one. :D

Thanks Nicole, I hope so too. ;)
Everyday I look online at the websites for the shelters near us and I always find a dog I want. :p I just haven't found one my parents want :rolleyes:

Lauren

GoldenRetrLuver
02-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ChiRen
Everyday I look online at the websites for the shelters near us and I always find a dog I want. :p I just haven't found one my parents want :rolleyes:

Hehe, Ay.....parents. :rolleyes: Know the feeling. :p You'll get one, just takes time, trust me. ;) What breed/s are you going for?

amoore
02-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! So glad to meet you I hope you can get your self another Pet. I can't immagine life without my babies. I would be a very lonely woman!

Lauren, you have come to the right place for friends and info.

My name is Ann, I have two dogs , two cats, two birds, 7 frogs.(Actually they have me.)

Vickie, LOL! now I'm the oldest to reply to this thread! I got a year on you little girl! heeheehee!:D

popcornbird
02-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Welcome!!! I have two cockatiels, both of whom you can see in my signature. It takes time to convince parents to get pets sometimes.........trust me on that. It took me lots of years of patience too, but I got my dream birdies eventually. ;) Hopefully you'll get your pet soon!!!

ChiRen
02-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Honestly? I'd go for any breed. :p
My mom would love to get another Westie ((I really think it's the only breed she'd want/get)). My dad is a lot easier to convince then my mom, and he's loved every dog I showed him. :p No matter what my dad or I think, it's pretty much up to my mom. Uh-oh. ;)

Thanks for the welcomes Ann and Popcornbird! :)

Lauren

Amber
02-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Hiya! Im Amber, Im 13 (almost 14) years old. I have 3 pets. 1 dog Katie, 1 cat Maggie, and 1 hamster gracie.

Katie and maggie are in my signature :)

Welcome to pet talk! :D

Shelteez2
02-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ChiRen
Honestly? I'd go for any breed. :p
My mom would love to get another Westie ((I really think it's the only breed she'd want/get)). My dad is a lot easier to convince then my mom, and he's loved every dog I showed him. :p No matter what my dad or I think, it's pretty much up to my mom. Uh-oh. ;)

Thanks for the welcomes Ann and Popcornbird! :)

Lauren

:D

http://www.westieclubamerica.com/rescue/

ChiRen
02-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Ah! Thanks for the link Shelteez!! :)

Uabassoon
02-14-2004, 04:18 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm Laura and I'm owned by two cats, Corkscrew and Tibby :)

RobiLee
02-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Hi Lauren

Welcome to Pet Talk! My name is Robin and I guess I'm an oldster also..hehehe. I will be 40 in a couple of months. I am owned by a 10 month old akita. Her name is Katie and you can see her in my signature. I am so sorry about your little westie. My sister has a westie and they are great little dogs. Best of luck in getting another dog. I hope you stick around. If you do you will be hooked. Its a great group of people.

I'm also attaching a pic of Lily, my sister's westie.

Robin :)

EssTer
02-14-2004, 08:21 AM
WElcome to PT Lauren.. IŽm happy there is new member of our BIG family :D

About me, my name is Liga (but you can call me just esster if you want). I live in Iceland... when I entered PT I hadnŽt any pet, but two days before new years eve, we got kitten ;)

But actually IŽm horse and siberian husky fan.. I hope to get husky or/and horse some day ;)

I really hope, youŽll get pet very soon ;) Just donŽt forget to told about it, when youŽll get one ;)

And again, welcome to PT, hope youŽll enjoy being here ;)

P.s. IŽm 15

Tina
02-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! My name is Tina(same as username) I'm 22 years old. And I'm owned by 2 dogs: Ginger is a 2 year old Miniature Pinscher mix and Josie is a 4 month old Boxer.

I'm also owned by 4 cats: Fuzzy Wuzzy,Little Kitty,Ozzie and Tigger, 3 goldfish, 1 guinea pig named Wiggy Pig and 1 rabbit named Hershey.

iceyshiver21
02-14-2004, 10:31 AM
WELCOMER!

ChiRen
02-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks everyone! :)
Robin Lily is so precious! She looks a lot like my old dog. :) Katie is gorgeous as well.
Esster I would love to have a horse too. I used to take riding lessons but with high school and sports and everything I just don't have the time anymore. I might start up again this summer, but who knows. :p

trayi52
02-14-2004, 06:37 PM
I think I need to give you a proper welcome, Lauren. So

Welcome to Pet Talk!! I know you are going to like it here. There are a lot of young people here your age, so I know you will like it.

My name is Willie, I have three kids all grown, except I still do have an 18 year old left here at home with my husband and I. Of course since she turned 18, it is hard to see a glimpse of her as she is coming and going all the time. She also got engaged and supposed to get married next year.

As you can see by by sig, I have a lot of different pets. I forgot to put one in my sig though. I think maybe my memory is leaving as I get older! Anyway I forgot to put my black cat, Stubby in my sig.

Grover is my baby, she is very precious to me because my daughter brought her home from school to me when she was only about two weeks old, so she was my little bottle baby.

And yeah, I also have 4 grandchildren!

Again Welcome to Pet Talk Lauren!!

Willie

ChiRen
02-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Thank you Willie. :)
All of your furkids are gorgeous! :D

jazzcat
02-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Hi Lauren,

Welcome to PT! I have a dog and three cats as you can see in my sig below. My little dog is a poodle/bichon/maltese mix? we think.

Hope you get a dog soon but in the mean time maybe you can enjoy all the great pets here. Oh yeah, I'm a kind of oldster too at 36 years old.

G.P.girl
02-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Welcome to PT Lauren!
My name is Shannon and I'm 14 years old. i have a rabbit named Cadbury (you can see him in my sig) and two goldfish. My dream dog is a great dane. i want one so bad, but we can't have one now. Good Luck on getting a westie!:D

ChiRen
02-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the welcomes! :)
All of your furkids are so adorable!!