PDA

View Full Version : Foster Bailey update. You won't believe this!

jenluckenbach
02-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Remember Bailey?

Bailey Intro (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38535&highlight=bailey)

Remember how her other foster mom said she WOULD come around in time? And how I was a bit skeptical to say the least?

Well, she is laying with me now, making biscuits like nobody's business! All of a sudden, after 3 months, I am her BEST friend.

Oh, don't get me wrong, she still hisses and can be crabby. Her nails are in BAD need of clipping (and even I am afraid to try to clip them) and when they get caught, she gets scared and hisses. But I have been petting her and even kissing her on the head!

YEAH!!! Bailey! :D

catnapper
02-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah! You have such a good way with cats - so of course she trusts and loves you.

Lets hope that someday she'll trust and love a forever family too.

jaqi
02-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Yay Baily! keep making those biscuits! :D

CatDad
02-13-2004, 10:42 PM
That is such great news.:D

I am so happy that she is showing signs of comming around. I am sure that with your help she will be fine.

Congratulations on such a fantastic breakthrough.:D

slick
02-13-2004, 10:56 PM
All the credit goes to you Jen for being a fabulous and patient foster Meowmie!!!!:) :) When you get a chance, please give her a kiss from me???

carole
02-14-2004, 12:03 AM
How wonderful to see your patience has been rewarded, Bailey is a beautiful kitty, she sure sounds a challenge, but you have had a major breakthrough, great new's, here's hoping she gets more friendly as time passes. GOOD ON YA Jen!!!!:)

shais_mom
02-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Good news!! Where are the pics of the tortie girl!!!?

Miss Meow
02-14-2004, 12:14 AM
Congratulations!

rg_girlca
02-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Great news Jen. This is just the beginning. From here on in, I'm sure it will be all uphill.
Congratulations.
Since she is starting to handle kissies, give her one for me.:)

PayItForward
02-14-2004, 05:44 AM
Yeah Bailey, see some people are nice in this world. :D

catcrazylady
02-14-2004, 07:08 AM
YIPPEE!!! What wonderful news!! I know you must be so happy Jen to have made a break through. It can only get better from here!!:) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catlady1945
02-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Yay! Some cats, depending on their history, just take longer. Our Ginger took months, and we are still a little wary around her after 15 years.

catmandu
02-14-2004, 09:09 AM
That is certainly no surprise to the Found Cats and myself , as we know here , that you are an Angel with the Cats , and your love for them , will make friends with any Cat! Love from the Found Cats Hotel!

rosethecopycat
02-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Yeah Bailey!

Gotta get those nails done. Don't want them to injure their pads.:(

I've got a foster that I may have to take to the vet to have them done.
I don't have faith that my husband and I together can cut them.

Plus, Meeshu, just like your Bailey, found my lap, for the first time...and it is good.

I've got a new lap buddy!

kimlovescats
02-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Oh, JEN... isn't a wonderful feeling????? Same as with my Boots... he made such a HUGE turnaround ... now he is one of the biggest, spoiled babies in our home!

GOD works miracles in all species!!!:D

ChrisH
02-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Aww, Jen, that is so wonderful! :) :D :) :)

jenluckenbach
02-14-2004, 07:55 PM
As you know, each cat on petfinder has a "write-up". I thought Bailey needed a new one, but until lately I did not know what to say. After all, for the longest time I was under the impression that this cat would never learn. That she would always just be mean and grouchy. But her other foster mom was right, she DID come around. I now know what to say. Thgis is what I wrote:

Bailey is a very hard to place cat. WHY? Because she has a lot of fear. And her fear makes her lash out by growling and hissing and sometimes even swatting at you. But she can overcome her fear, she has proven that, twice. At the age of 6 Bailey was relinquished to One by One by the only home she ever knew and she went into a foster home. It took her months to settle in and begin to trust another human. But she did. Then Bailey had to change foster homes and she returned to her fearful state. It again took her months to settle in and trust another human. But again, she did. If you have an all adult home with no other pets and would like to give Bailey the time that she needs to learn to love and trust once again, she will reward you by being a faithful companion. There is a feeling of joy and satisfaction that comes when a trusting bond has been established and it is a love that money can not buy. If you think you have what it takes to adopt Bailey feel free to contact One by One or her foster mom to find out more about her.

CatDad
02-14-2004, 08:08 PM
That is great. I think it describes Bailey very well, and I think it will interest the right type of person that will be able to help her readjust to a new home.

Keeping fingers and paws crossed for Bailey.:D

jenluckenbach
02-15-2004, 06:22 AM
I CLIPPED BAILEY'S NAILS !

And we both came out unharmed! :D

PayItForward
02-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Yeah for Jen....I can't believe it NO blood on the floor. I mean yours not the cats ;)

smokey the elder
02-15-2004, 07:54 AM
What a great writeup! And congrats on the successful pedicure!

jenluckenbach
03-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Remember how on Feb 15 I reported clipping Bailey's nails? Well, she has bees a tad bit leary of me since then. I could still pet her but she would not trust coming onto my lap as she has started doing. Until yesterday. She is back in my confidence. Not too bad, considering how long it took her to come around in the first place.
Do you think she'll ever find a forever home?
At least she has me and Deb. :)

Barbara
03-08-2004, 02:56 AM
That's really something I learned here at PT: it may take forever but they come around:)

Way to go Bailey:D :D :D

K & L
03-08-2004, 08:07 AM
Seems they all eventually give in to good lovin!!:D