PDA

View Full Version : Not A Chocolate Lab But...

RICHARD
02-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Close enough!!!

Just spoke to a dear old friend and she related this story to me...

Her hubby gave her a box of chocolates, some other candy and took her out to dinner last night.....

When they came back the floor was littered with the wrapping, and a tin of Altoids that Lucky, the German Shepherd could not open....

The remains of the TWO POUND box of chocolates
was found on the lawn outside......

Lucky skipped dinner and ate breakfast this morning..........

Is there such a thing as a Chocolate German Shepherd???

:eek:

Logan
02-13-2004, 01:08 PM
He's lucky to be a German Shepherd at all this morning, Richard! Chocolate can be lethal to dogs. I know that had to scare them to death! :eek:

wolfie
02-13-2004, 01:14 PM
Oh no! I hope they took him to the vet - chocolate can kill dogs! :( I hope he'll be okay.

pitc9
02-13-2004, 01:46 PM
What a silly dog!!! Glad to hear the pup is okay!

My parents have a GSD Mix and a few years back she helped herself to an entire 1 pound bad of peanut M&M's!! She didn't get sick or anything!!

RICHARD
02-13-2004, 02:05 PM
There's much in mouthful of M&Ms
By The New York Times

In possibly the biggest advance in the science of candy since the discovery that Wint-O-Green Life Savers emit faint blue sparks when chewed, scientists are reporting today that M&Ms pack more tightly in your mouth than gum balls.

Besides being a publicity boost for Mars Inc., which makes M&Ms, the research, whose results appear in the journal Science, could lead to better understanding of glass -- the scientific term for any solid with a random arrangement of atoms or molecules -- and to practical developments, such as stronger ceramics.

"The questions involved here are really quite deep and quite fundamental," said Salvatore Torquato, a professor of chemistry at Princeton University and an author of the Science paper.

The research is a more complicated version of a long-studied problem: how tightly identical spheres can be packed together. Neatly stacked, as in a pyramid of oranges at a grocery store, spheres occupy 74 percent of the available volume. Arranged randomly, however, spheres fill only 64 percent of the space.

In the new research, the scientists considered spheroids: spheres stretched into cigar shapes or squashed into M&M shapes. Stacked neatly, the spheroids still take up 74 percent of the space, just as spheres do. But in random arrangements, computer simulations and experiments with M&Ms showed that spheroids could be packed much more densely than spheres, filling up to 71 percent of the space and not just 64 percent.

;)