PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing on "V-Day?"

IttyBittyKitty
02-13-2004, 06:12 AM
For those with a significant other, have you got anything exciting planned? And the singles out there, are you going to ignore the love-day or are you going to give that romantic mumbo-jumbo the finger?

Me and the significant other aren't buying pressies or anything like that. Too poor. We're prolly just gonna catch a movie and get a bite to eat. V-day is also our annerversary. Makes it easier for Scott to remember!

Cookiebaker
02-13-2004, 06:15 AM
Happy Anniversary! :D

As for V-day, we are probably just going to go out for a nice dinner, watch a movie or two. We aren't doing much for presents, but I want to get Mark a card and some chocolates. Nothing big. Just let him know how much I appreciate him. ;)

IttyBittyKitty
02-13-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Happy Anniversary! :D

As for V-day, we are probably just going to go out for a nice dinner, watch a movie or two. We aren't doing much for presents, but I want to get Mark a card and some chocolates. Nothing big. Just let him know how much I appreciate him. ;)

Thanks, that's what it's all bout isn't it?

RobiLee
02-13-2004, 07:07 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and Scott!

No special plans here either and no presents. Our son is house and cat sitting for my folks and we are just going to enjoy having the house to ourselves. Love it! I've already rented a few movies for the day and maybe we'll go out for an early dinner or we'll fix something here. I've got the goods to mix up some strawberry margaritas and looking forward to that as well ;)

Robin :)

cloverfdx
02-13-2004, 07:10 AM
Happy anniversary :)

Myself and a whole lot of our friends are getting together and watching movies n stuff saturday night. As for the day i am just going to hang out with the dogs.

Nothing exciting. :D

Kiia
02-13-2004, 07:48 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and Scott! :)

I have a fresh batch of spaghetti sauce waiting for me in the fridge. I just can't decide if I want the fresh pasta or those new flavored ones. I tried the sun-dried tomato and basil, it was very good. Oh I just remembered I also have garlic bread...mmmm... and a bottle of my favorite wine chilled in the fridge. I'm going to pick up a cherry cheesecake first thing tomorrow morning, and I have a few chocolates should the craving hit. :p It's all going to be so yummy!

RubyMutt
02-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Happy Anniversary :)

We still haven't decided on much. I'm getting him a gift today (and I'm sure he's getting me one as well), so we'll probably have a little gift exchange. Not sure where, sometime late in the afternoon. That evening we're going out for dinner with his dad and his dad's girlfriend (this dinner is totally unrelated to Valentine's Day though - his dad and his gf don't celebrate Valentine's Day for religious reasons). That's probably about it :)

Logan
02-13-2004, 09:38 AM
We're going to have dinner at home with our kids (2 of the 3, at least). I figured we do something special on the grill, and I am making some special Valentine's cookies that Scott loves. :) The rest of the day will be spent at the church coaching and watching basketball games, then I have a few "honey do" things we need to do around the house.

I look forward to doing something special with my family. Just wish all 5 of us were going to be here! :) But the main part of our Valentine's Celebration will be a BIRTHDAY celebration as our Lab girl, Murphy, will have her 14th birthday tomorrow! The Frosty Paws are in the freezer and there will be 4 lucky dogs who get to enjoy it. I've got to get out and get Murphy a little something special for her day too!!! :)

micki76
02-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Staying home where it's warm! :p

tutebugs
02-13-2004, 09:45 AM
Umm, I'll be working a double and then sitting all by myself maybe getting to talk to my bf on the phone. He'll be 100 miles away working so it's really gonna suck.

Edwina's Secretary
02-13-2004, 10:10 AM
My in-laws are coming for the weekend.....:rolleyes:

So we will all go out to dinner! We got engaged on Valentine's Day six years ago.

The present I ordered (1 lb of Lebonese bologna) hasn't arrived yet!

Randi
02-13-2004, 10:19 AM
I HAVE to know - what is lebonese bologna?? :rolleyes:

dappledoxie
02-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Happy Anniversary!!

Well, I think we are not worring about gifts, we are hoping to go and see The Butterfly Effect, I am dying to see that. Of course some dinner too. I don't think I've ever had much on VDay, :( No worries though!

Edwina's Secretary
02-13-2004, 10:32 AM
http://www.lebanon-bologna.com/

:D :rolleyes: :D

Logan
02-13-2004, 11:37 AM
I'd never heard of Lebanon Bologna either, Sarah. Thanks for sharing that website. Now I'm hungry! ;)

ramanth
02-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Andy's mom's B-Day is Valentine's Day, so originally we were going to spend the day at their house and then on Sunday, Andy was taking me to Frankenmuth (http://www.frankenmuth.org).

But now, Andy's parents have 2 funerals to attend.. :( (Can't imagine having to go to a funeral on my birthday, let alone two.)

But they said they could still watch Kia, so we're going to Frankenmuth tomorrow and having dinner with them on Sunday.

Frankenmuth is this nice little town with neat German-esque shops. And it's the home of Bronners, the worlds largest Christmas store.

I haven't been there since I was a kid.

Sara, that bologna looks good! :D

Uabassoon
02-13-2004, 03:24 PM
During the day I'm going with some of my friends to a "freedom to marry" picnic. Then at night I have a date, but I don't really think it's a valentines date. I mean it's not extra special just because it valentines day, it just happend to fall on a Saturday (my date night :) )

Randi
02-13-2004, 04:23 PM
I'll be meeting another PTalker - Abycat (Alice) in Copenhagen. :) She'll come over in the afternoon with her friend(s), and John and I will meet them in Charlie's. :) What fun! :D

trayi52
02-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Happy Anniversary IttyBittyKitty!!

Lets see now we are going to...do nothing! The same thing we do every Valentine day. LOL. I think my significant other doesn't really know what Valentines day is supposed to be. Usually he buys me lots of chocolate candy and that bout covers it. Come to think of it, that does cover it. I just swear, he is so romantic! Me at the computer and him in his recliner!! :rolleyes:

Oh well!

micki76
02-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Me at the computer and him in his recliner!!

That's exactly what we do every night. *sigh* Suits me fine. :)

isis
02-13-2004, 04:45 PM
My saturday is going to be like every other saturday. Wake up at 7:00 A.M Go to tumbling, then to cheerleading practice. Then our team ppreforms, then I go to my brothers basketball game. Thats how my Valentines day is going to be. Some holiday....:p

CathyBogart
02-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Alikkon and I are watching Tremors 4, and Sunday we're going out to Brunch. :)

aly
02-13-2004, 05:15 PM
My bf and I are going to take my new foster to the vet early in the morning then take the dogs to the dog bakery. After that, we'll drop the dogs off with my parents and drive to San Antonio for dinner on the river walk. We might catch a movie after that if its too cold to walk the river walk.

We're sorta starting our celebrating tonight though. Cooking dinner in and renting a movie and eating chocolate!

catland
02-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Alikkon and I are watching Tremors 4,

They made a 4th one?:eek: :eek:

CathyBogart
02-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Yep, it's a prequel!!!

Miss Meow
02-13-2004, 10:22 PM
We took the dogs to the beach, which happens to be near a gorgeous chocolate shop, so we loaded up on chocolate bullets, Lindor balls and liqueur apricot chocolates :)

Shane is on duty for a few hours tonight, so I might be a girl and borrow Legally Blonde II and eat my chocolate!

guster girl
02-13-2004, 10:36 PM
My boyfriend and I are going out to eat at a steak restaurant here in Dallas called Pappas Bros. We are going with another couple. I've never been to Pappas, but, I've been told it's really good! :) And, my boyfriend had a star named after me, that was my present.