PDA

View Full Version : Thank You!!

kitten645
02-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Vet called. He tested negative!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!!:p I'm sooo relieved!
I guess they do the test first that tested positive for having the worms. A positive read means he was bitten by an infected mosquito but antibodies must have kicked in and killed or is killing them. The second test checks for the actual worms.
Sadly the other kitty infected tested positive for the worms. My heart breaks for that family. I couldn't even ask what his prognosis was.
Vet said he suggested putting both boys on worming pills. I guess the pill kill all worms (intestinal too) He said that the agency in charge of public health (blonde moment-can't remember the name!) is encouraging all vets to worm all cats and dogs because some of the intestinal worms can transmit disease to humans. He said that one type of worm was responsible for 40% of all blindness in children! Yipes!
Anyway, thanks again for all your prayers. I knew they would pull my baby thru.
Here's Calvin when he was a baby..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pb3924040370572152c5fd6da42ff1702/fbb8d6bb.jpg

He just now grew into those ears...LOL

kimlovescats
02-12-2004, 12:27 AM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! So happy to hear that Calvin will be just fine .... and what an adorable baby picture that is! :D

Craftlady
02-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Wonderful news :) Our new vet gave Skinny the deworming treatment just as a precaution. I had to give him two pills at once. Luckly, he takes pills easily.

catcrazylady
02-13-2004, 07:58 AM
GREAT NEWS!! Pt prayers are amazing!!
What a cutie pie Calvin is!!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

CatDad
02-13-2004, 08:38 PM
WooHoo!!!

I was very happy to hear that all was well.:)

Give him some love for me.:)

smokey the elder
02-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Now that he's clean, ask your vet about Heartgard. These are kitty treat one month heartworm tabs.

(Geez, I sound like one of those direct-to-consumer prescription drug ads!):p

Anyway I'm glad Calvin is OK.