PDA

View Full Version : My son is leaving for England...soon..

carole
02-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Those of you who know me, know I have a 22 yr old son Scott, he is off to do his big OE on April 19th, I am really excited for him, its his dream to play club cricket in England, he will be away for 5 mths either living and working in the Isle of Wight or Somerset, its his first trip overseas, his passion is his cricket, so the opportunity came up and he has taken it, because I am a British Citizen he can live and work there for as long as he likes.

Of course my maternal side has kicked in and I am scared for him, with all the terriosts actions today etc, but I am thrilled too that he is following his dream.

He will be working only part-time just giving him enough to survive and playing cricket the rest of the time.

As a mother one has mixed feelings, I guess there are many other mother's out there who know just how I feel., he has been back living at home for 2 yrs now, so I will miss him alot, and when he was away it was in the same city and not far away, so the day he leaves there will be a big knot in my throat, holding back the tears , I really hope he has a great time though!!!.

IttyBittyKitty
02-12-2004, 05:20 AM
Wish him best of luck from me!!!!!! I know you'll be worried, but he'll be just fine!

Randi
02-12-2004, 05:45 AM
Of course you're worried, it's only natural, but he'll be fine. Wish him good luck - and tell him to email you often! :)

ramanth
02-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Wish him luck for me!

I'm sure my friend's parents can sympathize with you. She's in Scotland right now getting her Masters degree. It's weird not being able to see her.