PDA

View Full Version : Freaked out cat(s) and person

boscibo
02-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Our main drain line is clogged, and yesterday a bunch of people were here trying to fix it. The drain guys, my BFs friend, and a few more hangers-on. I had classes, so it was 5 when I got home. I couldn't find Hanna anywhere. I was very scared, I looked everywhere, even outside. I still couldn't find her. I was practically in tears. All of a sudden one of the guys in the basement (where they are working on the line), said that my kitty was in the laundry chute. We have a hole from the bathroom cabinets down to the laundry room, and there she was. There's a space in the floor joists where she can sit. I don't know how she got down there, but I was so happy to see her. She was covered in cobwebs and she was very spooked. She came and hid under my computer desk and wouldn't come out. She finally came out, and then it was like everything was back to normal.

The bad news is, out drain line still isn't fixed, and the guys have to come back today. I have classes until noon. :( I can't lock the cats up for that long. I'm hoping for the best - I told my BF to keep and eye out for the cats, but he gets so wrapped up in problems like this. And I couldn't take a shower or flush the toilets this AM, I am so frustrated. Thanks for listening.

catmandu
02-11-2004, 08:55 AM
I have had that happen , as there is a tree , in the front yard , and the roots get into the line. I am fighting the Cuity , to haver them dig around the roots , and I am hoping that they will do this , but it will cost me at least 2,00 for the part , that comes into the house. Grrr, I am rather angry , but they say it is mt=y tree. But I cant have it cut down , as the enviromental agency protects it.I would rather spend the money on my Cats!

Killearn Kitties
02-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Poor Hanna! I hope she's OK today. Hope the drain gets fixed too.

catnapper
02-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Poor scardy cat!

We have a similar problem! Everytime we have snow or a heavy rain.... for some reason the township's drains back up (if the drain is covered with snow or leaves) the water backs into MY BASEMENT! It is stinky, smelly and the township says, "thats impossible!" Well, they can come and investigate... this time the water was briny because of the all the salt from the road... yeah, they'll probably say I dumped a salt shaker on the ground! But they won't come and we figure its a t least 10,000 to get it fixed. Apparently, the city's responisibility ends at the curb, so if we are having trouble we have to fix it. grrrr.

I hope your drain woes are fixed soon and that Hanna is ok after the second round!

CatDad
02-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Good luck with the drain problems.

I was happy to read that Hanna is OK. Give her a little love for me.:)

Gary I don't see how they can stop you from taking out the tree. Unless it is a rare type of tree. Even then, it is causing you problems with the sewer, which can be a health hazard, and besides it is your property. I guess I will never understand.

Miss Meow
02-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Poor little Hanna! I can just imagine the frightened look on her dear face. Hugs to her :)

Good luck for today, I hope your drain problems are fixed and they can complete the work quickly.

RICHARD
02-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Clear-all!!!

You can find this chemical in your home and garden
stores.....

After you get your line cleared, dump a gallon of this into the sewer line two or three times a year......it EATS the roots up and keeps the lines clean....

boscibo
02-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks everyone, we're back to normal now, it's fixed. Now Hanna wants to go back in the laundry chute! I don't understand, I know it was an adventure but I would think the experience of being down there with all the people and noise so close would make her want to be far away!

It was our pipe, we live on a hill and instead of a sloped pipe, there are some angles down to street level. Some stuff got caught in there (I don't even want to know what :eek: ), so it wasn't tree roots. They had some pretty powerful unclogging equipment and it turns out they were just banging away at the pipe where the angle was. But now it's fixed and we're all happy, thanks!

http://home.comcast.net/~flaroe/hanna_bored.jpg

Killearn Kitties
02-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Glad the drain got fixed.

That is the most beautiful picture of Hanna. What a sweetie. Why haven't I seen more of her. Her expression, her little tucky paws, her adorable whiskers!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Glad the drain got fixed.

That is the most beautiful picture of Hanna. What a sweetie. Why haven't I seen more of her. Her expression, her little tucky paws, her adorable whiskers!!

I have to agree. Glad the drain is fixed, but I'm even more glad that the whole story prompted you to post a pic of this sweetie! She is adorable and just looks really concerned about something. :D

Randi
02-13-2004, 02:04 PM
What an absolutely beautiful picture of Hanna!! She is SO adorable!! Please don't wait too long to post more. ;)

I'm glad your drain got fixed! :)

sirrahbed
02-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Hanna has such a pensive expression! Her little brow is furrowed and whiskers turned down, as if she is concentrating VERY hard! Is this after the drain and she is thinking about that neat joist to hide in??:rolleyes:
She is such a beautiful girl!!