PDA

View Full Version : I'm so scared..

binka_nugget
02-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Last thursday, I went to Whistler to snowboard for the day. I was trying to do this sort of turn during lessons but leaned too far back and hit my head on the snow. I thought I heard some sort of crack but thought that might have been the snow.

So on Friday, during choir, I started feeling really light headed. I'm not sure if you know what I mean but it's this sort of feeling where you know you're doing something but it just doesn't feel like you're there (get it?). I guess you could say kind of like a dream. I thought the feeling might go away since it's happened before (but not as badly) but it's still here. I had this feeling all weekend and still have it now. I also feel a bit slower and a bit more dense. It's taking longer to type proper sentences and just doing normal things seem to take a tad longer.

Anyways, I don't know why I'm typing this up but I guess I thought I'd share since you're all like a second family to me and maybe to get a few good wishes. It looks like I'll be going to the Doctors (and possibly the hospital for more checkups) a little bit later in the week.

popcornbird
02-11-2004, 12:46 AM
OUCH! You should definitely see a doctor if you had a head injury and are feeling light-headed. Hopefully everything will be alright, but please do get checked. Will be praying for you!

luckies4me
02-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Go NOW! Head injuries are nothing to mess with. You need to see a doctor ASAP, especially if you have been feeling this way all weekend. Prayers are with you, and I hope you feel better soon.

tikeyas_mom
02-11-2004, 01:14 AM
i think you got a concushion (sp?)

binka_nugget
02-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the good wishes.

I think it may have been a concussion. I looked it up and this is what I found:

"Grade 1
The mild concussion occurs when the person does not lose consciousness (pass out) but may seem dazed. "

and..

"The most common physical symptom of a concussion is a headache. Other symptoms can be:
dizziness
problems with sleeping or insomnia
fatigue
behavioral change
changes in emotions, irritability, unexplained crying, etc.
changes in cognition, loss of memory, lack of attention, etc. "

I've had dizziness, some fatigue (after 10 hours of sleeping this morning!), some slight memory loss (just for a bit) and my mind's been wandering off alot lately..and a really big change in emotions. I was in a horrible mood this morning for no reason and snapped at friends. Hmm..well, I talked to my mom about it and she said she'll see if she can get an appointment for tomorrow. Now I'm really scared.. :(

trayi52
02-11-2004, 02:13 AM
I agree with Cass, you do need to see a doctor just as quickly as possible! A head injury is not something you put off having checked. Please keep us posted. Prayers are on the way, and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

BCBlondie
02-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Aww Ash!!! *hugs* I hope you get better soon!!! Hopefully the docs will know what's wrong and hopefully it's nothing serious. Keep us updated

GoldenRetrLuver
02-11-2004, 08:20 AM
I agree with everyone else, try to go in ASAP!
I hope everything's ok. :(

slick
02-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Why are you waiting Ash? I really think you need to get to Emerg pretty quickly. You never know what may be going on. Take care. You've got to be well for the Vancouver PT meeting.

binka_nugget
02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm back from the doctor's. She suggested drinking 6-8 cups of water and getting alot more rest since I looked tired and dehydrated. I'm going back on monday for another checkup and if things are still odd, I'll have to get blood tests done.

slick
02-11-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm so relieved that you've seen the doctor. I drink about 2 litres of water every day and like you never seem to get enough sleep. Good advice from the doc. Please keep us updated.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-11-2004, 03:10 PM
I hope everything is ok! Feel better soon. :(

primabella
02-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Oh my gosh, are you okay? :eek: Head injuries scare me so bad. I always get that feeling of being light-headed. I had it while I was sick and when I don't get enough sleep. It's an awful feeling.

Hope you feel better. :(

RICHARD
02-11-2004, 03:49 PM
I hope that you are feeling better...

Were you wearing a helmet???

Please wear a helmet, and if you do not own one, buy or even borrow one! I work in a hospital and always wonder how much of a difference a helmet, even the cheapest model, would make to some of the people suffering head injuries....

You may not look cool, your friends may not wear them or they may be too much to carry or hang on to, BUT.....brain damage doesn't let you do simple things like breath, eat, laugh, walk.........or snowboard...

:eek:

binka_nugget
02-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone :)

I actually feel alot better today and my mind hasn't been wandering around like before. I still have this sort of 'drugged' feeling but it's getting better.

Richard: I wasn't wearing a helmet but I will definately wear a helmet next time. I really learned my lesson. :)

wolfsoul
02-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Yikes, glad things are getting better. What you describe is alot like the feeling I get when I'm about to faint. Ddi you ever get a pounding in your throat?

wolfie
02-11-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm so sorry!!! :( Glad you're feeling better now though! :)

CountryWolf07
02-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Yikes!

I had a few concussions when I was little.. I always slipped on ice!! That was not fun.. one time, during gym class, I tripped over a ball and hit my head on the wall and got KNOCKED OUT.. and I didn't even wake up til' an hour later.. and I didn't know what happened to me.. at all.. I lost memory.. I still can't remember.. but I"ve been told that I was running fast and didn't see the ball coming at me!

HoRsELUvR
02-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Ow.Im glad to hear that you're getting better though.

binka_nugget
02-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
Yikes!

I had a few concussions when I was little.. I always slipped on ice!! That was not fun.. one time, during gym class, I tripped over a ball and hit my head on the wall and got KNOCKED OUT.. and I didn't even wake up til' an hour later.. and I didn't know what happened to me.. at all.. I lost memory.. I still can't remember.. but I"ve been told that I was running fast and didn't see the ball coming at me!

Ouch! Sounds really painful.

Jo-Jo: nope, no pounding in the throat.

Cookiebaker
02-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Yikes, Binka :eek: that sounds scary. Feel Better, and let us know how it goes! :eek:

isis
02-11-2004, 07:30 PM
I snowboard, Last time we went, Me and my dad totally crashed into each other. I hit my head on the ice pretty hard. I had a minor concussian. I just layed down for a while. When I woke I felt alot better. I know exactly how you felt. It felt like a dream or something. I hope you feel better. By the way, your dogs are extremely cute!:p Are they Shelties?:D

Amber
02-11-2004, 08:35 PM
I know exactly what you mean by light headed. I get like this all the time. You feel dizzy and dazed, and just not there.

Hope you feel better soon.

binka_nugget
02-12-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by isis
I hope you feel better. By the way, your dogs are extremely cute!:p Are they Shelties?:D

:) Thanks. Yup, they're both shelties. One's from a breeder and the smaller one is from the pound.

I'm feeling so much better. I drank at least 6 cups of liquids today (no coke! Yay!) and just woke up from my nap. The weird feeling's still around but I feel so much better. I think these pet talk prayers really do work..lol.:D