PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaaack!

Tonya
02-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Didja miss me? Wow, a few days away from PT felt like an eternity. I bet I missed lots. I have to unpack and hang out with the doggies now, but I'll catch up later.

Mike's grandmother is still in the Critical Care, but it looks like she's going to pull through. The doctors said she has a 50% chance of living and we're pretty optimistic. They've turned the life support down to where she's breathing on her own some. Tomorrow, they are going to try removing it completly. They think she'll be able to breath on her own again.

THIS IS SMOKING RELATED! QUIT SMOKING EVERYONE!

Kater
02-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Welcome back!
Sorry to hear about Mike's grandmother. :(

Miss Meow
02-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Welcome back :)

I hope Mike's gran is on the road to recovery. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts her way :)

luckies4me
02-11-2004, 01:19 AM
Welcome Back. I hope she does ok and gets better. I know how it is to have a loved one have complications due to smoking. My dad has severe vascular degeneration in his legs, and a lot of it is worse because of him smoking. He is also on oxygen. Dan's dad smokes and I tell him every time I see him he needs to quit smoking.

I tried calling you too, but I didn't get an answering machine? :p Let me know when you're coming back up and we can get together. ;)

catnapper
02-11-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm so sorry about his grandmother, but glad it looks like she'll pull through. I watched my grandfather die from smoking (he died on my 6th birthday) and recently my mother-in-law. Its so devastating... and you know what? They still wanted cigarettes up until the last moment! I'll never understand why someone would START smoking knowing the end result, or how they continue smoking after they cough their way through their first smoke!!!

I hope everything settles down and am sendng well wishes to Mike and his family

green_chameleon_girl
02-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Im Glad your Back!! Thoughts and prayers to Mike's grandmother!:)