PDA

View Full Version : Drivers!!!

catnapper
02-10-2004, 09:19 PM
My husband and I had to go out to Lancaster tonight for a Silk Plant Warhouse. On the way, we got to enjoy the landscape changing from city to suburbs to beautiful rural Lancaster - complete with Amish horse and buggies!

Of course, when those Amish are riding down the street in their buggies (or on bicycles), people don't like to go from 45 miles per hour to nearly stopped so they risk life and limb... of themselves, the Amish, and the on-coming cars. As it turns out, that is not the only casulaty of racing past the buggies. Tonght, we counted quite a few dead cats on the road. I almost cried at the first one... a tiny white and brown patched kitten.

So tonight I'm saying a prayer for those kitties and hoping the police catch up to the idiots who couldn't wait to pass safely. Or at the very least, let karma catch up to them.

CatDad
02-10-2004, 09:33 PM
That is so sad.:(

I doubt the cops will do anything, unless they are speeding. However, they won't get in trouble for hitting the poor kitties.:mad:

I will be hoping that karma will help us out here.

jazzcat
02-10-2004, 10:34 PM
How sad.

I usually get upset when I see any domestic animal dead in the road but as of lately cats and kittens just about wipe me out. I drive to my parent's house several times a week and it's a 35 mile drive each way. I have two ways to go, by interstate or by two lane highway through residental areas. I try to always take the interstate because the pet death toll on the highway is high. Sometimes I've cried just about the whole way.

kimlovescats
02-10-2004, 11:21 PM
:(

catmandu
02-11-2004, 09:17 AM
There seems to be no cortesy among drivers , not only towards animals , but people. I had a Cat , a stray , run over on my lawn , and as he was off the road , it must have beem malicious. Bad Karma , and a pox on thier house!!!