PDA

View Full Version : Best Picture nominees

guster girl
02-10-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm not even sure when the Oscars are going to announced and broadcast, but, I know the nominees are already selected, and, I'm a major movie fan, so, I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the nominees....I'm trying to see as many of the films mentioned as possible. So far, I'd hate to be one of the people voting! :)

Best Picture -
Lord of the Rings
Master and Commander
Seabiscuit
Mystic River
Lost in Translation

I haven't seen Master and Commander, but, I plan to. I saw all the other ones, though, and, I really don't know which one I want to win. I guess my heart is with Lost in Translation, but, LOTR is just phenomenal and even Seabiscuit was simply beautiful. I just saw Mystic River last night and was blown away by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins. What a great movie! Anyway, what are Pet Talker's opinions?

slick
02-11-2004, 02:44 PM
The Oscar's are on Sunday February 29th. I have not seen any of them but from what I've read, LOTR is going to walk away with many awards.

HoRsELUvR
02-11-2004, 04:46 PM
I saw LOTR and Seabiscuit.I liked both of them,and I want to see Lost in Teanslation becuase i heard it was really good.

guster girl
02-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Lost in Translation is so wonderful! You should definitely see it as soon as you can. I think I am going to see Master and Commander this Sunday. There are a few other movies I want to see that are in the list of nominees, too....like for best actor:

Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbean
Ben Kingsley - House of Sand and Fog
Jude Law - Cold Mountain
Bill Murray - Lost in Translation
Sean Penn - Mystic River

and, for best actress:

Keisha Castle-Hughes - Whale Rider
Diane Keaton - Something's Gotta Give
Samantha Morton - In America
Charlize Theron - Monster
Naomi Watts - 21 Grams

I've seen all the ones for best actor, except House of Sand and Fog, which I'll see as soon as I can, and, I've ONLY seen SOmething's Gotta Give for the best actress nominees, but, I want to see all of them! Especially Monster. Has anyone seen those? Any opinions on them?

micki76
02-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Haven't seen even one of them. It takes a lot to get me to watch a movie; I always get bored and leave.

Felicia's Mom
02-11-2004, 08:11 PM
I don't go to many movies, maybe one every ten years. I did see Seabiscuit and liked it. Can't say anything about the others.

guster girl
02-11-2004, 08:15 PM
I know a lot of people that don't go to movies. I love them and I love concerts. I go to as many as possible. My niece and I try to go every Monday night to the movies. It's a nice, inexpensive tradition, and, it still gets you out of the house for a few hours! I loved Seabiscuit. If you saw that movie and liked it, check out a film called Phar Lap. It's another true story about a race horse that beat the odds. It was always one of my favorites.

Kiia
02-12-2004, 08:53 AM
I haven't seen any of those movies except LoTR.. so I guess you know who gets my vote. :p I did LOVE LoTR though.

As for actors, I thought Johnny Depp in POTC was awesome, I loved the eye-liner on him. :) For actresses, I didn't see any of those movies either, but heard Charlzie Theron was superb in Monsters.

hmm it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do with watching movies.