PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-10-2004, 05:12 PM
I've experienced this a lot in the past week and a half, and I want to spread the word to you guys to take the time to stop and cherish the little things in life.

Whether it be the wag of your dogs tail when you walk through the door, whether it be kissing your kids before they go to bed, whether its when your kids or spouse say I love you. DO NOT PASS THESE TIMES UP!

They may seem like an everyday thing. But just hold those memories close to you and have fun while you live.

Today while I was tutoring, this little first grader named Brianna comes up to me.

Brianna-"Where'd you get that necklace you're wearing?"
Me-"Oh just some store, I got it a long time ago."
Brianna-"Well it's very pretty and it looks very pretty on you too."

I just smiled. These are the times that can make you happier than ever. That moment there probably made me happier then seeing my parents get back together.

So please, everyone, just take the time to soak in the things around you... the wag of your dogs tail, the sweet meow of your kitty, or the cry of your child... These memories will last forever.

slick
02-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Very well said Megan. Thank you. Sometimes I take things/people for granted so from now on I promise to pay more attention to the little things.

Now, I'm going home to hug my furry ones.:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Yep. Abby got a little extra TLC today too. :)

lovemyshiba
02-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Very true Meg.

We are often so busy doing things or thinking of ourselves that we don't have time to notice the little things, and it's a shame.

Thanks for the reminder!!

BCBlondie
02-11-2004, 04:09 AM
I totally agree with you... This last week I learned a very valuable thing... Never take things for granted, and like what you said, cherish every moment. One of my three cats was hit by a car last week and didn't survive... :( :( The hardest thing is knowing that you didn't get to say good-bye. Since then I've spent a lot more time with my other pets and they've really helped me through the grief.:( From now on I will try to spend as much time as I can with all my furkids and cherish those special moments.