PDA

View Full Version : Dog First Aid Class offered in Lansing, MI

ramanth
02-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Dog First Aid Class

The Friends of Greater Lansing Dog Parks is offering a 4-hour course that will teach you valuable emergency skills to help your dog in the event of an emergency. Learn how to prevent injuries to your pet, and how to care for them when accidents happen. Each participant is to bring a stuffed animal with them to practice bandaging techniques. For your comfort, we ask that personal pets are not brought to the class.

Deadline for sign-up is February 16!

Cost of course:

$35.00 ~ members of Friends of Greater Lansing Dog Parks

$25.00 ~ for each additional member living in the same household-1 book per household

$40.00 ~ non-members

Date: Saturday, February 21, 2004 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Where:
Foster Community Center
200 N. Foster
Lansing, MI

Registration Form in pdf format (http://www.lansingdogparks.com/PetFirstAidflye.pdf)

Please send registration form and check or money order for each participant to: FGLDP, P.O. Box 27164, Lansing, MI 48909-7164.

Or you can Pre-Register by calling 517-272-0136 and then pay at the door.

Cost of the course includes Pet First Aid book (a very nice book). This soft-covered book with lay-flat binding is 128 pages long, and features more than 130 illustrations. It was written by Bobbie Mammato, DVM, MPH.

I believe there will also be Pet First Aid kits for sale.

For membership and other information, visit our Website at: www.lansingdogparks.com or call 272-0136.
This class is taught thru the American Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org/services/hss/courses/pets.html)

Cincy'sMom
02-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Have you, or are you going to take this class, Kim? It soundslike it would be worthwhile. I will have to see if anything is going on next weekend.

Kater
02-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Great class - I highly recommend it! :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-11-2004, 03:18 AM
I took that class abot 2 years ago or so. It was great. I was at the vet's office with Drake when I heard the Techs talking about it and I asked for some info.

Are you going Kimmy?

ramanth
02-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Have you, or are you going to take this class, Kim? It soundslike it would be worthwhile. I will have to see if anything is going on next weekend.
I am going... :D in fact, only 2 people (including me) have signed up and we need a minimum of 5 to make it worthwhile for the Red Cross.

I'll buy dinner for any Pet Talker who comes. ;) (I'm not above groveling either... :D :o )

Cincy'sMom
02-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

I'll buy dinner for any Pet Talker who comes. ;) (I'm not above groveling either... :D :o )

I was thinking about it anyway and now dinner's included :D
I have not signed up yet, but unless something changs in the next day or two, I'll probally call and sign up Friday.

ramanth
02-12-2004, 08:03 AM
:D

*and a bump up because I can ;) *

ramanth
02-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Deadline bump. :)

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2004, 03:24 PM
I called today and signed up! The woman was really shocked when I said I was coming from Toledo. There was just this silence...then "You are coming from Toledo, OHIO? How did you hear about it?" You'll have to help me out with directions Kim...I have only been in the Lansing area twice...once traveling through and once to MSU.