PDA

View Full Version : Don't laugh....but, what IS that??

NoahsMommy
02-10-2004, 12:24 AM
http://info.rentnet.com/property/86/32386/photo/32386.p026.jpg

That thing under the window,,.is that like a heating/air vent? If so, how does it work? Would each window have one?

shais_mom
02-10-2004, 12:25 AM
I think its a radiator. Which would be a source of heat.

:)

popcornbird
02-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Um....................is that at your house? :confused:

It looks like the air conditioning unit we had in our hotel room in London when we were last there. It was under the window too. :p But it was A/C and heat in one. No idea though.

NoahsMommy
02-10-2004, 12:30 AM
A radiator? OK..does that mean heat comes only from there? Or..would you have heat coming from other areas of the home as well??

tomkatzid
02-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Looks like a hotel heater and air cond. One in the same, depending how you set it.
Katz

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-10-2004, 05:23 AM
I have those in my apartment here in Wiesbaden. Also had them in our house growing up in Lebanon. They are radiators. Only for heat. They are wonderful!! They heat up the entire room very quickly.

Cataholic
02-10-2004, 12:38 PM
The joys of living in California~ Just kidding Kelly!!!! He he he..those are radiators..and heat does come from them. That would be your only source of heat- no central heating system...like most homes here have today. Now, you do have those in hotels, too, and they supply both heat and air.

catnapper
02-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
A radiator? OK..does that mean heat comes only from there? Or..would you have heat coming from other areas of the home as well??

Its is a radiator. The heat comes from pipes located in the walls and most often is either steam or electirc. We have steam heat in my house. They warm well - but they are almost always located under windows and a good amount of the heat goes right out them!

There is another form of radiator that is called baseboard heat and its about 9" tall, 6" deep and runs along the whole wall, usually an exterior wall. They make deciding where to put furniture difficult! :)

EssTer
02-10-2004, 01:11 PM
these are radiatiors.. I have those one in home.. when I want to get more heat, I just push in the number i want to(1-5)... I think itīs very cool, because you can choose heat what you want...