PDA

View Full Version : Happy 2nd Birthday, Daisy

GoldenRetrLuver
02-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Yup, Molly and Daisy were born a year and a day apart. :)

Tomorrow, on February 10th 2002, Daisy was born. To some people she may be "just a dog", but not to me. She's my baby; my life; my everything.

It was May 8th, 2002. A Saturday morning. As usual, I was looking through the Classified section of the newspaper, and came across some Golden Retriever puppies. I ran to my parents, and after they talked about it, my dad decided to call the breeder up and see when we could go visit them. We were planning on getting a second dog as another companion for me, and for Molly. She was a year old at the time. After my dad got off the phone with him, he said we could go see them today! So, my dad, sister, and I stopped for breakfast before the one hour drive to LittleRock, CA. Once again, I didn't eat anything as I was too excited. :) After they ate, we headed back to the car.
Along the way I was already thinking of names. I had a list that consisted of Mandy, Brandy, Bailey, Lilly, and Daisy. I decided "Molly and Daisy" went together, so I chose Daisy as her name.
We arrived at the breeder's house and his giant yellow lab greeted us. From there, he lead us out to the backyard where the puppies were. They were kept in a corner of the backyard on concrete with a few of those "Igloo Doghouses". He brought the two 10 week old females out onto the grassy area, which was Daisy and her littermate sister. They were sooo playful, just running around after each other until I clapped my hands and Daisy came running towards me; her sister just stayed put. I picked her up and she licked my face. I knew then she was the one I wanted. The breeder brought her mother into the yard, and I placed her back on the grass to "say" goodbye. That was probably one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed. She kept licking her baby until she came up to me and nudged me with her nose. I bent down to pet her and said "Don't worry, I'll take good care of her; and thank you." And I meant it.
So, we went back into the car, and she snuggled with me the whole way back.
We stopped at Petco for the basics; toys, puppy food, food/water bowls, and her first name tag and collar, which was pink and I still have to this day. I got all kinds of compliments like "Oh what an adorable puppy!" and was glad she was mine
When we arrived home, our first stop was to see Molly. She was jumping up, and wagging her tail. I placed Daisy down to see her. Molly layed down and let Daisy jump all over her, thus becoming her "canine mommy". :) It was a match made in heaven; perfect.
Within the first few hours of being bought home, I taught her "sit". Not bad for a 10 week old pup! She eventually went on to learn all sorts of new tricks.

This past two years have flown by very quickly. I remember every day I've had her; from her cute puppish ways to the obedient girl she became. I could honestly never have asked for a more perfect dog. When I've had a bad day, all I have to do is spend a moment with her playing fetch, or snuggling up on the couch and I forget why I was even sad or upset in the first place. Knowing she will always be there no matter what is the reason I wake up in the morning every day. I can't imagine life without her.

From an adorable puppy,
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pa65f460a36c3a6fe60c4f0543bdddecf/fa791c61.jpg

To the gorgeous girl you became,
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p9c493ac22e62adc651b67a9ef401fccc/fb1653c1.jpg

I love you with all my heart, Daisy. Happy 2nd Birthday sweetheart.

Foam
02-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Aww Happy birthday, Molly and Daisy girls! Y'all are so pretty! I hope you get spoiled rotton on your special days!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY AND DAISY!

K9soul
02-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Oh Daisy, I had tears in my eyes by the time I got done reading your wonderful story! You are not only a golden girl in breed, but truly golden in every sense of the word! Happy birthday precious Daisy. Hugs and kisses, and a special kiss from a very big admirer of yours, Tommy! :D

Amber
02-09-2004, 07:54 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY AND DAISY! MAY YOU ALL HAVE A GRRREAT DAY!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Daisy and Molly, sweeties, you know I love you! From the first time your mom and I 'met' she showed me your pictures, and I fell in love! You are such a beautiful dog, Daisy! Happy 2nd Birthday, sweet Daisy! Sadie and I love you lots!

:)

Moose
02-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Aww, happy birthday beautiful Daisy girl!! :)

K9soul
02-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Frum the paw of Tommee:

Deer Daizee,

I wunted to say Happee Birfday to the prittiest ladee I noe. I think yur just the sweetest, smartist, most wunderful ladee in the wurld, and for yur birfday, I wanted to give ya a birfday kiss from mee, so heer it is!

http://frank.doordolt.com/albums/Dogs/tongue4.jpg

Luv, Tommee :D

GoldenRetrLuver
02-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks everyone. :)

Awww, Tommy. :D

TommEE,
Awwz, dat is so sweet of youz! I tink yur quite da hunk. ;) If Iz could, I'd send a nicez kiss back to youz!

Luv,
DaizEE <3

jenfer
02-10-2004, 12:14 AM
That's sweet. Daisy, you have grown into such a pretty girl now. I wish both you and your big sister Molly have a great birthday. :D

wolf_Q
02-10-2004, 12:17 AM
Happy Birthday you gorgeous girl!!! :D

anna_66
02-10-2004, 06:01 AM
Happy Birthday Sweet Daisy girl:D

dukedogsmom
02-10-2004, 06:22 AM
Daisy, your mama had me in tears, too. Saying goodbye to your furry mom got me a little sad but I know you've got a great home! Happy birthday to a very special dog!

RobiLee
02-10-2004, 07:37 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAISY!!!

I hope you have a very special day!

Hugs and lots of tailwags....Robin and Katie :)

Logan
02-10-2004, 08:09 AM
What a wonderful birthday week at your house, this week, Julie!!!! :D

Happy Birthday, sweet Daisy!!!!! :) :) (And Molly too) :)

Logan

isis
02-10-2004, 10:04 AM
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y D A I S Y ! ! ! ! :D :D Have a wonderful day!:D

ChrisH
02-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Happy Birthday Sweet Daisy!! :D

tatsxxx11
02-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Well, that's two days in a row you've got the water works flowing, Juile!:) What a beautiful beginning...and your life together has just begun! Happy 2nd Birthday to you, beautiful Daisy!:)

primabella
02-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Happy Birthday Molly & Daisy!! Loved the stories. Hope your girls will have a wonderful day. :D

Albea
02-11-2004, 09:53 AM
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY, LOVELY DAISY!!! Sorry to be late in wishing you a great day and many more to come. Hugs and kisses to you.

wolfsoul
02-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Happy bitrthday Daisy! :)

EssTer
02-11-2004, 01:29 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DAISY ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks again everyone! :)
I took a load of birthday pictures, and unfortunatly when I went to download them, they said none exsisted! :( I'll try to have some new ones up in a few days...otherwise, expect tons of them when I leave for the Pet Talk Meeting in Arizona! :D

Miss Meow
02-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Happy birthday, Daisy! :)

What a gorgeous tribute :)