PDA

View Full Version : What WOULD YOU do? (work related)

CountryWolf07
02-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Ok.. I work at an mexican resturant called "Chipotle's".. and everything is falling apart, basically - I've been there for 7 months and I get a raise this week, but most likely it might be a 10 or 20 cents raise.. or even 30 cents raise.. it depends.. anywhoo..

- My manager is leaving because she got a better job, so we have a new manager replacing her in few weeks.. which I'm glad, because she never really treated me as nice as the supvervisors/co-workers would..

- Two people already have left and 3 people put in their 2 weeks notice, so basically 1/2 of the staff are leaving, eventhough if they had their raise..

- I just work like once or twice a week, 4-5 hrs.. so sometime I'd have 8 hours by the end of the week - and I know that is not RIGHT.

- I applied at few other places, just in case, because I just don't know what to do - I applied at a music store, so I'm looking at other places to apply at tomorrow - is this the smart thing to do?
One of the supervisors had a weird feeling about me and someone else and he mentioned that he felt like that we were gonna quit REALLY soon, but obviously, everyone is.. so I guess things are falling apart..

so.. what's your input on this?

micki76
02-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Rachel, it never hurts to window shop for a better job. :)

Here is my take on new management. I worked in retail for years, first as an employee, then as a manager. I can tell you that almost every time I had a management change, most employees were replaced. As a manger, I did the same thing and replaced my staff, 9 times out of 10.

I’m not trying to freak you out or anything, but be prepared.

RICHARD
02-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07

so.. what's your input on this?

Stick around and find out what happens......what's the worst that can happen??

You leave or the place folds..

Plus starting on the bottom rung is alot harder when you have already made your way partially up the ladder.

If you stick around and prove your manager wrong about you leaving, you give them the thought that you are a good employee and can be counted on to perform when things gets tough...

BEWARE!!! If you give them too much faith, then you will be working every night for 10 hours at a stretch.....be careful and don't get wrangled into being TOO dependable....

Also, should the Boss/manager ever leave for a better job, they will remember the good employees they had and may hire you away from there...

Sometimes it's better to know what you have in your hand than it is to grab for something that may just slip away.

Good luck...

lovemyshiba
02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
I think you're doing the smart thing, by shopping around for another job. You just never know what's going to happen when a new manager comes in.

I already know who I'm getting rid of when they promote me at work, lol:)

Good luck!!