PDA

View Full Version : Was attacked by "Dino the Meano" today

Kirsten
02-09-2004, 03:12 PM
My parents are on vacation, and I'm caring for their rottie Rocky and their cat, Dino.

He was the one I was referring to in a previous post (Are there any cats you are afraid of (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41510&highlight=afraid) ), and even though he actually loves me, he can be very rude and bites and scratches you, and it's very painful.

Now today, he must have been terribly frustrated that my parents left for vacation, and when I showed up, he attacked me several times from behind and jumped into my legs. Boy, I have several wounds from his claws now! And he was howling and made these really angry sounds.

When I wanted to leave, he crawled under my car and attacked me from there, he was really mean today!

But I know he's acting like that because he's very upset that he was left alone.

This is Dino btw, he's such a cute boy actually:
http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997-0004/dino2.jpg

Kirsten

catnapper
02-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Dino, you are such a handsome man sitting there with your reflection showing. You certainly couldn't be a mean cat! You better start ebing noce to Kirstin or she'll give you a bad report card when meowmie returns!

Kirsten
02-09-2004, 03:41 PM
or she'll give you a bad report card when meowmie returns

LOL, I have already reported him, told my mom on the phone about it. She was surprised because he had never acted THAT mean, but she also thinks he's upset. He didn't want to let them go this morning.

Kirsten

rg_girlca
02-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Gosh Kirsten, I hope your parents aren't going to be away for too long. I would hate to see what you would look like when they get back. Poor you.
Dino, don't be so mean to our Kirsten, or else she won't come back and feed you.(not).

CatDad
02-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Well I hope that he will calm down tomorrow.

That sounds like quite the experience. I hope it will only get better from here.

He is a really cutie however.

Killearn Kitties
02-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Aww, he looks so cute too! Poor Dino, I hope he feels better later!

I hope your wounds are not too bad. You will have to wear all your thickest clothes the next time you go.

sqwelch
02-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Poor Kirsten although he's sad at being left alone you think he'd be nice to you as you are taking care of him and making sure he's got food etc and from my experience anyone with food is a friend of Bonnies ;)

Hope your injuries heal soon !!!

catcrazylady
02-10-2004, 07:32 AM
Poor Kirsten!! It really hurts when a cat gets ornery!!
Dino...you behave! You are too handsome to be so mean! You could have Kirsten giving you lots of scratches, and rubs if you would behave. Wouldn't that be much nicer than being a mean ol' kitty!!!

Logan
02-10-2004, 08:14 AM
and even though he actually loves me, he can be very rude and bites and scratches you, and it's very painful.

He sounds very much like my Butter, Kirsten. It's sort of a love/hate thing, I guess. Or maybe they just don't know any better???

catmandu
02-10-2004, 10:54 AM
i would carry a spray botle , and squirt Dino , on the nose because you shouldnt have to put up with being scratched. a Police officer was in the Hospital , when I was there because a Cat scratched his hand , and tore a ligament! So please be careful!

Kirsten
02-11-2004, 08:56 AM
The little Meano was much nicer today and yesterday. In fact, he looked like he was happy to see me. Maybe he's over his disappointment now that his humans are on vacation and left him alone.

I'm still very careful with him, but I brought him some treats today, and he was a happy cat. Will offer him some cat nip tomorrow, wonder how he reacts on that (hopefully not agressive).

a Police officer was in the Hospital , when I was there because a Cat scratched his hand , and tore a ligament! So please be careful!

Scary!! :eek: I'm sure Dino could do the same to a person!

Kirsten

Kirsten
02-13-2004, 06:02 AM
Here's a little update:
Meanwhile Dino really seems to appreciate that I'm cat sitting him. :) I bring him some treats every day and he seems to be happy to have some company. :) Same goes for Rocky, my parents' rottweiler.

I have to care for them till Monday, then my parents will be back from vacation. It's kind of lonely here in the forest, and I'm missing my girls who are alone all day now.

This is the place where I am at the moment (luckily I have internet access here :)): Tillyschanze (http://www.tillyschanze.de)

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
02-13-2004, 02:05 PM
It looks very nice!! Love the weddings page. Is that bouquet of flowers round the bride's wrist a common thing where you are, or is it just for the website?

Kirsten
02-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Those flowers around the wrist are not really a common thing, but some brides chose to have that instead of a wedding bouquet.

BTW, the couple in the three pictures at the bottom of the wedding page are Lily's first parents! :)

Kirsten