PDA

View Full Version : 2nd annual PA meeting in Doylestown

jenluckenbach
02-09-2004, 02:44 PM
For all those interested in the agriculture show at Delaware Valley College this year the dates are Sat April 24 and Sunday April 25.

I made a poll, please only vote if you might actually come to make the results as accurate as possible.

I voted Sunday because even though I may be able to get off of work Saturday, I am not sure Charlie can.

Maybe we will have sunshine this time ;)

Pam
02-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Jen I prefer Saturdays and I know Robyn does too, but we will see what unfolds. :)

lbaker
02-09-2004, 03:11 PM
If Jenny, Badger & I come up again we would be staying over Saturday anyway so would be there for a bit of time on both days anyway.

Laurie

Aspen and Misty
02-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Saturday, although I may ask my dad if we can get a hotel this time! I hope britt can make it again, I really want to get to know her better!

Ash

RockyRoad
02-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Sorry it took me so long to come across this thread. :o

Saturdays are a lot better for us. :)

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
I hope britt can make it again, I really want to get to know her better!

Hehe, we'll be going! How much did I say last time.. one word? :p

jenluckenbach
02-18-2004, 05:42 PM
How much did I say last time.. one word?
it was TWO words......hee hee (sorry ;) )

The good news is I had Charlie put in for the day off early so he already has a signed receipt that they will ALLOW him to take that Sat. off. I should have no problem as I already wrote it in the book back in Dec. ;)

Karen
02-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Saturday is better for us!

Aspen and Misty
02-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89

Hehe, we'll be going! How much did I say last time.. one word? :p

YAY!!! Next time I'm gonna drag you around and be like LOOK AT THIS! LOL. You will eventually turn around ;)

Ash

Karen
02-18-2004, 09:31 PM
And this time, Ash, you'll know what we look like, and we won't have to run after you! :)

catnapper
02-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Oh, you mean the official day where it rains, no matter what? Del Val has NEVER had an Ag. Show where it didn't rain!

I'll be there... just let me know which day it turns out to be!

My daughter has a soccer tournament that day, so I might end up in the doghouse... but it sounds like too much fun to miss!

jenluckenbach
02-22-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Oh, you mean the official day where it rains, no matter what? Del Val has NEVER had an Ag. Show where it didn't rain!

SHHHHH SHHHHHH SHHHHH
Don't tell them THAT !!!! ;)

Del Val is my alma mater, so of course I KNEW this. But we always have HOPE! :D

And it IS fun, glad to have you along! Last year we had lbaker's Badger and Pam's Ripley along. Does Nikki do events?

catnapper
02-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
SHHHHH SHHHHHH SHHHHH
Don't tell them THAT !!!! ;)

Del Val is my alma mater, so of course I KNEW this. But we always have HOPE! :D

And it IS fun, glad to have you along! Last year we had lbaker's Badger and Pam's Ripley along. Does Nikki do events?

Ooops, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to give that away!:D But the fact still remains that everyobe has fun at Ag. Day! Just remember to pack an umbrella.

I would LOVE to bring Nicki... but she is PETRIFIED of the car. And when we're out, she usually acts like a major doofus for an hour or so afterwards. She's been to things like that - but when they were either in walking distance or a SHORT drive... I don't consider an hour and half drive short (but I do manage to get into Doylestown about once a week!) She LOVES going to things like that because of all the attention SHE gets:rolleyes:

lbaker
02-22-2004, 04:10 PM
My Badger Boy just LOVES meeting new friends! Ask Ripley, Badger is a friendly sort. Nicki & Badge would surely get along.. especially GIRL friends ;)

Aspen and Misty
02-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Karen
And this time, Ash, you'll know what we look like, and we won't have to run after you! :)

:D I sure hope so!!!!!

We'll be bringing BOTH dogs (if Breeze is still with us)! Hee hee! I hope everyone likes dog hair on there cloths :D ;)

Ashley

jenluckenbach
02-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Something I never thought I'd ever hear myself say..............

I wish cats were more like dogs, in this one instance. I'd really like to meet some (if not all) pet talk kitties.

But look at this possible line up:
Badger, Ripley (what about Bella?), Nova, Breeze, and K9Karen, what about Logan???

catnapper
02-23-2004, 09:10 AM
I've been thinking about how much fun Nicki would have to be social with other dogs again (most dogs around here aren't too social) and I know she's dieing to play with dogs!

But I need everyone to PROMISE they won't think me a bad doggy mommy for two reasons: 1) Her nails are extremely, obscenely long. I cannot get her to allow anybody to trim them. We are working on walking to have the pavement file them down. 2) She has loads of fatty tumors that we have opted not to have removed because more pop up monthly. The vet agrees that we would put her down to remove the few big ones and need to repeat again within a year... and then another year. Its expensive and as long as they're not hindering her in any way, she's fine since they are just fat. They bother me - aesthetically. She has a huge one on her leg and another one on her side. So please still think I'm a good doggy mommy - I am! :) I know she'll hate the ride, but love when she meets all of the other animals!

I sure hope to meet all of the other dogs and parents!

jenluckenbach
02-23-2004, 09:15 AM
I know other people who leave those fatty lumps alone, too, and I don't feel they are bad pet parents.
And should I bring my nail clippers?????? ;)

catnapper
02-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I know other people who leave those fatty lumps alone, too, and I don't feel they are bad pet parents.
And should I bring my nail clippers?????? ;)

Only if you want your hand bit off! She turns in Jekkyll and Hyde when she sees clippers!

jenluckenbach
02-23-2004, 09:28 AM
NAW-TEE-DOGGY

Since I am sure we will pick Saturday, maybe we could start thinking about a time.

catnapper
02-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Grrr.... I just found out that that weekend is The Penn Relays. Chances are really good that my son will be running in them this year. So that counts me out unless it happens to be Sunday.:( I'll find out more, but looks like I'm going to have to miss!:( :(

jenluckenbach
02-23-2004, 04:45 PM
keep us updated. I have no qualms about Sunday, but a lot of the others who went last year prefer Sat. we will see.

Christiansmommy
02-24-2004, 08:51 AM
I am sure that i should be able to come. Just found this post! I will be bringing Dale. And my hubby should be coming, so if he does, and my mom is bringing Ripley, I could walk Bella for her, and hubby will have Dale for me...so the 3 of them can all come.

I remember talking about bringing a Swissie next year (at the last PA pettalk meeting)...and i am! Yeah :)

Cant wait to meet the other pups and people!

Robyn

Saturday is better for me...but i can be flexible...

jenluckenbach
02-24-2004, 03:08 PM
OH, how could I forget Dale??? I can't wait to give him a big hug!! (there is just something abouit hugging a BIG dog):D

Christiansmommy
02-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Dale would love a big hug from you, Jen :) He doesnt slobber, either! :)

I should mention, that we are in the process of selling our house, if all goes as planned, settlement should be mid April...so we should be all moved out of here, by then. So we should be able to come on one of the dates planned...as we get closer, i will know for sure!

Aspen and Misty
03-16-2004, 09:45 PM
**BUMP**

I hope more PTers will come!

Ash

Karen
03-24-2004, 12:25 PM
lbaker, Laurie - are you guys coming? I realized the other day we should probably book a hotel room pretty soon - April is fast approaching!

lbaker
03-24-2004, 02:50 PM
We are sure going to try... can't be positive as yet but I'm still expecting to reserve a room in Doylestown in the next few days. They usually give you a 2 day cancellation window in case we can't make it. Badger is already starting to pack :rolleyes: ;) Oh my goodness I can't wait to meet Dale :D

Laurie

Christiansmommy
03-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
We are sure going to try... can't be positive as yet but I'm still expecting to reserve a room in Doylestown in the next few days. They usually give you a 2 day cancellation window in case we can't make it. Badger is already starting to pack :rolleyes: ;) Oh my goodness I can't wait to meet Dale :D

Laurie

Dale will love to meet all of you too :) !!! We have settlement on our house on the 30th (so everything has to be outta here before then)...so i am 80% sure we can still make it...this is the last weekend before settlement, but we should be good.

What time are we thinking of meeting?

Robyn

catnapper
03-24-2004, 09:47 PM
I sooo want to come. It depends on how selfish I can be... my son should be running at the Penn Relays that Saturday, my daughter has a soccer game, and my other daughter has a soccer tournament. I usually don't go to their sporting events but since my hubby can't be in three places at once, I might be sitting at a track meet or soccer game.

I'll know about the Penn Relays on Saturday as my son is running in a qualifying race.

Grrr... the one weekend that all three kids are in Very Important Sporting Events. :D

Christiansmommy
03-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Well, unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to make it to Pet Talk PA this year :( If it was later on, like in May, it would have been doable. But i just found out settlement on our house is now April 29th, and we will want to have everything moved out of here by like the 27th...so the new people can come right on on the 29th...so it is just cutting it too close...unfortunately. Maybe we can all get together a second time in the summer? Who knows...Dale will miss everyone...and so will I ...have fun!

Pam
03-25-2004, 05:45 PM
I hate to be a party pooper too, but unfortunately we won't be there either. It is a long ride and, without my little buddy, Christiansmommy, along and my needing to help her with this move we will have to back out too. :( If you all can think of something later on, maybe even in the summer, please run it by us!

catnapper
03-29-2004, 11:13 AM
What time was everyone thinking of meeting up? I'm assuming everyone is on board for Saturday, but what time? My son's not going to the Penn Relays (long story) and I should be able to come... with Nicki too.

jenluckenbach
03-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Pam and Robyn, we will certainly miss you! And Dale and Ripley and maybe Bella, we'd miss you too :( DRATS!

As far as time, last year those who came up to stay overnight met for breakfast at Friendly's at about 9 (or 10 ) I think. We went to DVC early but met with the others who came around 12.

I Know they open at 10, and I would probably be there early as I am the early type, so I could meet any early types and the later ones could meet up with us, well, later.

Aspen and Misty
03-30-2004, 08:44 PM
We might be getting a hotel room, so we might meet you for breakfast. We want to bring the kittns (who will be 6 weeks old then) to meet everyone! So, we will need somewhere to put them dureing the farm show. We will still bring the dog (Dogs if Breeze is still with us).

Hope to see everyone there! I wanted to meet Dale and Ripley (again) and Belle (if she came!)

::pouts::

Ash

Christiansmommy
03-31-2004, 06:34 AM
[

Hope to see everyone there! I wanted to meet Dale and Ripley (again) and Belle (if she came!)

::pouts::

Ash [/B]

I know, i wish we were able to make it too. I was really looking forward to bringing Dale...he would have loved it. Maybe we can plan something for in the summer, also??

catnapper
04-03-2004, 12:25 PM
We want to bring the kittns (who will be 6 weeks old then) to meet everyone! So, we will need somewhere to put them dureing the farm show.
Ash

My friend owns a business a block away from DVC... she would LOVE to babysit 6 week old kittens for an afternoon (of course I'll have to ask her.) She's a major cat lover... and if we play it right, one unadopted one just might find a furever home with her. She lost both her boys a few years ago and swears she doesn't want another one, but seeing all those kitties might change her mond.;) Let me know if you'd be comfortable leaving them with her for the afternoon and I'll ask her.

Karen
04-03-2004, 12:51 PM
So who is definitely - and who potentially - is coming?

I can start the list, repost and ad your selves:

Definitely:
Karen and Paul - (hotel)

jenluckenbach
04-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Definitely:
Karen and Paul - (hotel)
Jen and Charlie- live close, can be there at any time

catnapper
04-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Definately:
Karen & Paul (Hotel)
Jen & Charlie - live close, can be there any time
Kim & Nicki the dog - lives close, can be there any time.

RockyRoad
04-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Definitely:
Karen & Paul (Hotel)
Jen & Charlie - live close, can be there any time
Kim & Nicki the dog - lives close, can be there any time.
Alison & Britt

(we may be able to get a hotel the day before, so we could possibly meet everyone for breakfast, but I'll have to ask. :) )

lbaker
04-05-2004, 10:53 AM
:( :( Doesn't look like Jenny, Badger & I will be able to make it after all. Had to cancel the hotel we had for that weekend. My son's father in Florida is quite ill and Jenny & son will be trying to fly down to see him that weekend. I hate to say this but I really can't trust my step-grandsons to watch over the rest of the furkids and the house with no adults. It's just too far for a round trip in one day. I'm so sorry, we had such fun last year and Badger wanted to meet some new pals.

Laurie

Karen
04-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Karen Paul- Hotel
Jen and Charlie- Live close can be there anytime
Kim and Nicki the dog- live close can be there anytime
Ashley and "Dad" - Can be there about Noon (hopes not to be chased down again)

Ash :D

ps: Catnapper- That sounds great!

Well, now you know what we look like, and vice versa, so the walking past then running down should be able to be avoided this year!

Laurie, Laurie, we'd love to see you if you can, otherwise you MUST give Badger a tummy-skritch for me.

Aspen and Misty
04-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Karen, I think I might just walk past you just for fun :p

Ash :D

lbaker
04-09-2004, 05:37 PM
I read Badger your post Karen and the silly boy is rolling around on the rug as I speak with all four paws waving in the air :D :D :D

Aspen and Misty
04-10-2004, 12:42 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :( + 1,000

I can't come :( I just found out that my lil bro has a Special Acts trip that day and I already paid the $800 to go. ::sigh::

I can come Sunday? Anyone willing to meet that day?

::sigh::

Ash :(

jenluckenbach
04-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Kim (catnapper) may be out too. :(

Britt, are you guys still coming, because I would feel terribly disappointed for Karen and Paul to make such a long trip just to see me (it is kinda like a booby prize ) :(

We could just cancel and be done with it.

Aspen and Misty
04-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Could we meet on a later date? Jen, is there a dog park near you? Or maybe a dog friendly place. What about a Petco? Is there a shelter who would allow a bunch of us to come and play, bath or take care of there dogs and cats???

Even if you guys don't meet us Sunday me and my dad will still be coming down for the show. So either way, we will be there, so if anyone wants to meet up we'll be there with Nova and Breeze!!

Ash

Rottieluver45
04-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Just come to the TX PT meeting!!

J/k

Whoever goes...have fun and take lots of pictures!

Christiansmommy
04-12-2004, 07:32 PM
If you guys do come up with another date, let me know, and I will try to make it to that one...i should be free for May and June, either July or August, will be settlement on the house we are buying...so i can't be sure which weekends in that month, i would be free, since it is too far off to tell, when the house will be done...but most likely May and June are good.

jenluckenbach
04-12-2004, 08:13 PM
False alarm, Kim's back in.

catnapper
04-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey, you beat me to the post;) :D

Yep, I'm back and wondering if I should still bring Nicki. Whoever's coming: are you bringing a pet? If I am the only one, I won't traumatize her with the drive.

Karen
04-15-2004, 07:42 AM
Are we just down to catnapper and jenluckenbach?

Aspen and Misty
04-16-2004, 03:47 PM
And Ashley on Sunday!! ::sigh:: if anyone is willing to meet us.

Ash

catnapper
04-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Looks like its just Jen, Karen and me! I'll bring Nicki of course if you think she'll make the party more lively ;) ;)

Karen
04-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Hope you don't take offense, Kim and Jen, but if it's just going to be that few people, we're gonna hafta cancel out. It's essentially a 3-day thing for us, as it's a 5 1/2 hour-drive (about 300 miles) each way, so like last year, we drove down Friday afternoon, played Saturday, then drove back Sunday. We just have a lot of stuff to do, sorry!

If another is planned, when more people can come, we'd try to make it ... just don't pick Memorial Day weekend, as we're going to Findley for that one ...

jenluckenbach
04-16-2004, 07:00 PM
I got this PM today:

Yep, we're still coming!

I have a few questions though that my parents wanted me to ask:

- Is it still going to be the same day? Becuase I saw some posts about people wanting to reschedule the meeting, and we'd need to know if it might be rescheduled or not, since my father rearranged his schedule for the 24th. (If the thought has been discarded, than ignore this, because I haven't checked back on the thread yet.)

- We are able to come to Friendly's in the morning, if y'all are still thinking of going, can you tell me which Friendly's.. like the adress or something?

Thanks,
Brit

I asked Britt to get her butt on here and POST!!!!

But no Karen, I can not blame you. But you will be SORELY missed :(:(

jenluckenbach
04-17-2004, 03:42 PM
this is the address of the friendlys that we eat at while in Doylestown

460 N Main St Doylestown, PA 18901-3404

whom ever comes for breakfast, please let's pick a time. Assume whatever you time can do, I can do.

RockyRoad
04-17-2004, 09:52 PM
From the looks of it, it seems like since it will only be a few people, we won't be able to come down either. :( My dad said that he took off of work and made himself available for this, but since it will only be one or two people, he doesn't want to go down.

If y'all would like to reschedule, my mom and dad said they would be happy to come, but not during May.

Sorry Jen & Kim.. :(

Brit

jenluckenbach
04-18-2004, 04:58 AM
Brit, I am so sorry that your dad rescheduled his work for nothing :(. I know how it is, both Charlie AND I had to do some fancy footwork to get a SATURDAY off. But at least we will have a day off together so it is not a total waste. But we won't be able to make any Saturdays if you guys decide to reschedule.

Kim, I feel badly for YOU as the only newbie for this years event. I know how super excited you were about it :(.

Aspen and Misty
04-18-2004, 07:59 PM
What if we made the meeting for June or July. Me and Britt won't have school and then that gives enough time for everyone to ask off work and to not make any arrangments ::points at self::

So, lets pick a date! :D

Christiansmommy
04-18-2004, 10:07 PM
I think i would be able to make June, b/c sometime in July or August will be settlement on my house...and i won't know in too much advance about it...if i have some sort of unexpected meeting with the sales or construction coordinator...that could happen possibly in June...but chances are...it would work for me more than July....anyway, let me know when you all might make any plans, if you do decide to reschedule and i will look at my calendar...

Karen
04-18-2004, 10:35 PM
June would be better than July, but I can't make any promises either way ...

catnapper
04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry this fell through. Please let me know if and when soemthing else comes up. I wish I knew of something else to suggest.

Karen, I'm not insulted at all... mom wanted to have a yard sale that morning anyhow and I have loads of junk to get rid of ;)

RockyRoad
04-20-2004, 04:26 PM
June would be better for us, but the only day we definetly can't do in June is the 25th. I'm having my late birthday/graduation party then. :p

So if you all wanna pick a date, let us know and we'll try to make ourselves availible. :)

Brit