PDA

View Full Version : Dogs on the auction block!!

pit chic
02-09-2004, 11:55 AM
This info was emailed to me the other day. Sorry I'm posting it on here so late, but I lost internet access. While it isn't illegal to auction off animals, I found it rather disturbing that it is actually happening. They talk about "the best of the best", sound, top quality dogs available, however, true top quality dogs from responsible breeders would not be this easy to obtain. I never knew people auctioned off dogs, but it doesn't take much to figure out the kinds of people who will be attending these auctions: more backyard breeders and puppy millers looking to re-up their breeding stock. These auctions are good ways for backyard breeders to unload access dogs or clean out their kennels when they go out of business. They also mentioned Shih-poos are available. I want to know what these dogs are "the best" of? I've already sent a letter to these people, but I have my doubts that one letter is going to make much of a difference in these peoples' quest to make money. If you feel that this sort of auction is wrong and only contributing to puppy mills and pet overpopulation, please contact Bob and Sheila Hughes. They try to make it seem like they are doing a great service to the community by holding this auction, but those of us in animal rescue know better and know that one day we will be cleaning up the messes this auction will inevitably create. The first auction has, I'm sure, come and gone this past weekend, but you can still voice your opinion for the future auction they are holding in September.

BOB & SHEILA HUGHES

P.O. BOX 534, WHEATON, MISSOURI 64874

PHONE: (417) 652-7540, FAX: (417) 652-7019 CAR PHONE: (417) 236-5888

E-MAIL: [email protected]

Member of NAA, MPAA & all Pet Association Clubs, USDA & MODA LICENSED

LICENSED AUCTIONEERS "EVERYTHING WE TOUCH TURNS TO SOLD"

DATES OF SALE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6th & SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7th, 2004!!

STARTING TIME: 10:00 AM, EQUIPMENT SALE STARTS @ 9:30 AM BOTH DAYS!!

LOCATION OF SALE: WHEATON, MISSOURI!!

RAIN OR SHINE, SALE INSIDE TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED FACILITY FOR MAN & ANIMAL, CONCESSIONS AVAILABLE!!

Auctioneer's Statement: This will be our 1st "Best of the Best" Sale. The consignors of this sale feel that the dogs being offered are of the best quality available. The dogs must be Veterinary inspected & approved prior to the sale. All dogs must be free of genetic & inherited faults. All dogs over the age of 6 months will be brucellosis negative tested prior to sale. All dogs under 6 months must accompany a current negative brucellosis test on their mother. All breeding age males must accompany a fertility test. The criteria to place an animal in this sale is costly and time consuming. This is the 1st sale of this nature. It is our endeavor, as well as the seller, to provide you with sound, top quality dogs for the purpose of breeding, show or pet. We plan to host a sale of this nature every spring and fall. Many breeders either failed to send in the required information on time or their dogs did not qualify. We will have another "Best of the Best" sale around September 4th, 2004. Make plans now to hold top quality animals for this sale. Only dogs that are Champions will be allowed to exceed 4 years of age. We hope you all had a great holiday season and we hope you can attend this sale. Come early to reserve your seating. Thank You, Bob Hughes

2 DAYS!!!

330 DOGS!!
TRANSPORT

TRUCKS!!

AND MORE!!

DOGS SELLING FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6th, 2004

PUG 4 FEMALES 4 MALES

MASTIFF 1 FEMALE 1 MALE

POMERANIAN 5 FEMALES

MINIATURE PINSCHER 1 FEMALE 1 MALE

PEKINGESE (SLEEVE) 3 FEMALES 1 MALE

IRISH SETTER 1 FEMALE 1 MALE

RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK 2 FEMALES

SHIH-A-POO 12 FEMALES 2 MALES

POODLE 6 MALES

STANDARD POODLE 1 MALE

GOLDEN RETRIEVER 1 FEMALE

LEON BERGER 1 FEMALE 1 MALE

LAKELAND TERRIER 2 FEMALES

MALTESE 3 FEMALES 2 MALES

AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD 1 FEMALE

BERNESE MT. DOG 20 FEMALES 19 MALES

BICHON FRISE 3 MALES

BLOODHOUND 2 FEMALES 3 MALES

BOXER 2 FEMALES

BULL MASTIFF 2 FEMALES 2 MALES

CAIRN TERRIER 2 FEMALES 2 MALES

CHIHUAHUA 2 FEMALES

COCKER SPANIEL 1 MALE

DOGUE DE BORDEAUX 1 MALE

MINIATURE DACHSHUND 2 FEMALES 4 MALES

ENGLISH BULLDOG 1 FEMALES 1 MALE

NORWICH TERRIER 1 FEMALE 1 MALE

NORFOLK TERRIER 1 MALE

SKYE TERRIER 1 MALE

VIZSLA 1 MALE

SILKY TERRIER 10 FEMALES 3 MALES

WELSH TERRIER 7 FEMALES 5 MALES

JAPANESE CHIN 3 FEMALES 1 MALE

DOGS SELLING ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7th, 2004

MINIATURE SCHNAUZER 33 FEMALES 9 MALES

MIN. AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD 3 FEMALES 4 MALES

HAVANESE 2 FEMALES 4 MALES

KERRY BLUE TERRIER 2 FEMALES 1 MALE

KING CHARLES CAVALIER 3 FEMALES 7 MALES

NEWFOUNDLAND 2 FEMALES 2 MALES

PAPILLON 4 FEMALES 5 MALES

BULL TERRIER 5 FEMALES 2 MALES

FRENCH BULLDOG 12 FEMALES 13 MALES

SOFT COATED WHEATEN 2 FEMALES 3 MALES

COTON DE TULEAR 6 FEMALES 2 MALES

BRUSSELS GRIFFON 3 FEMALES 4 MALES

YORKSHIRE TERRIER 23 FEMALES 16 MALES

YORKSHIRE TERRIER 23 FEMALES 16 MALES

Here are some photo examples of the quality animals that you will see at this sale!

Equipment for Sale

1996 Chevy 3/4 ton, 4X4, Extended Cab, Full Bed, ALL POWER, Auto Trans, V8, has topper with 27 built in dog cages, A/C & Power Vent Fan (Truck and topper MAY sell seperate or together on Saturday at 10:00am).

Here is a photo of this Truck!

1999 Dodge Van 1 ton conversion, extended length, raised roof, w/Onan Generator, Roof Air, All miles - Highway,

meticulously serviced, new tires, checked for maintenance every 6 months by Dodge Dealership, totally set up for puppy

transport with cages and drop pans, 172,000 miles, purchase price was $37,000.00 Runs great, and well kept! Sells Saturday at 10:00am

PLUS, stack cages, microchip syringes, pet carriers, stainless steel bowls, garlic, dog books, feeders, heat pads, clippers, scales, rare coins, grooming tables, clipper blades and MUCH MORE!!

SPECIAL NOTE: DUE TO THE LATE ARRIVALS OF MOST SELLER INFORMATION WE CANNOT LIST TITLES, REGISTRIES, AGES, COLORS, BREEDING RECORDS AND ITEMS OF
INTEREST ON THIS FLYER.
TERMS OF THIS SALE!!!

ALL DOGS ARE GUARANTEED AGAINST BRUCELLOSIS FOR 40 DAYS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE BEEN TESTED BY A LICENSED VETERINARIAN WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE SALE! ALL GUARANTEES ARE BETWEEN BUYER AND SELLER! ALL AKC DOGS WILL BE MICRO CHIPPED. STATEMENTS MADE SALE DAY TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ALL PRINTED MATERIAL!!!

ATTENTION FIRST TIME BUYERS OR PAST BAD CHECK WRITERS: If paying by check you must provide a bank letter of credit when registering for a buyers number. There is no letter needed if paying with cash or credit card!! We accept Visa, MasterCard, Cash or GOOD Check w/ proper I.D. !!

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS TO MAN, WOMAN, CHILD OR ANIMAL!! WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED ARTICLES!!

Area Motels

Cassville

Super 8 (417) 847-4888

Holiday Inn (417) 847-3163

Monnet

Hartland (417) 235-4000

Econo Lodge (417) 235-5254

Super 8 (417) 236-9200

Neosho

Super 8 (417) 455-1888

Directions

tomkatzid
02-09-2004, 01:26 PM
WOW, I don't even know what to say. I went to their web site and it looks like the next one is in March. Different area. But no dogs. Thank goodness. I'm going to do a search of news papers in that area and see if I can find more info on the 'dog auction'.
Katz

Twisterdog
02-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Selling dogs at auctions and flea markets is a common practice of puppy mills.

Horrid, horrid people.

:mad:

Byakko's Mom
02-19-2004, 11:46 PM
These people have been in business for a long time and will continue.All they care about is money and quite frankly they don't care if they sell to someone trying to rescue or a puppy mill . All they want to do is sell.They care about the bottom line only and have no feelings for the animals.They have lots of auctions. Try to get with a rescue group that is trying to stop puppy mills and auctions and work together.It will do much more good than anything else.It is a horrendous situation.Look up the scenes on the net it will sicken you.
Laurie

lizbud
02-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Dog auctions are the pits.:(

http://www.stop-puppy-mills.com/puppyauction1.html

May God have mercy on the souls of these people who traffic
in misery & grief for these trusting creatures, because they'll get
none from me. :(