PDA

View Full Version : Cirrus May Have A UTI

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone. I think that my Cirrus may have a UTI.:( I noticed that he was staying in the litterbox for a long time and it looked like he was straining. He kept jumping in and out of the litterbox too.When he did pee it was very little. He has also thrown up a few times.:(
This morning he jumped up on my bed and then peed on my pillow. He later piddled on my rug and has yowled like he is in pain.:( I made a vet appointment for 9:45am. The problem is that he's semi-feral and is so afraid of the vet that he needs to be sedated.
I have the pills but can't pill him so I have to wait until 9:45am for the vet techs to pill him and then probably leave him there for a few hours.:( I sure hope that I'll be able to give him whatever meds he needs or it's going to be very stressful on him if I have to take him in each time to get medicated.:(
Please keep him in your thoughts and I'll try to update you as soon as I can. Thanks.

CatDad
02-09-2004, 10:41 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Cirrus may have UTI. If it is not that it has to be something close to it.

Prayers for Cirrus and good thoughts that whatever he has it is not bad and it easily treatable.

Waiting for update

On the subject of giving pills. Joey is also semiferal and I am able to wrap treats around them when I have to give pills to her. She has only giving me trouble a few times. Then I just wanted wraped a new pill and all went well. Not sure if you have tried this, but it works really well for Joey. If this didn't work I would also have major problems. Just to contrast, Bob has caught onto the pill in treat trick. Him I have to pick and shove the pill down his throat.

You have probably already tried this, but I thought it was worth a mention. I can give you the trearts the work for me if you want.

moosmom
02-09-2004, 10:42 AM
KAK,

Thoughts and prayers coming your way!! And boy do I know how THAT is!!!

I had to treat my semi-feral kitty, LilEli for a yeast infection in his ears recently. I have to sneak up on him when he's lounging and half asleep in the kitty tree.

Come on Cirrus, let your meowmie give you your pill so you can heal. Hugs!!

Steffi N
02-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Poor Cirrus. I am sorry that he is feeling so bad. I hope that whatever he has can be easily treated so that he will not be under too much stress.
Gentle pets for you, Cirrus.

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Hi everyone. I wish that I had better news to give you but unfortunately I don't.:( I'll be starting a new thread about Cirrus. Here's a link to the new thread http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43487.