PDA

View Full Version : The Saga Of The Bloodhound Continues...

Cheshirekatt
02-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Ok. So we didn't get Homer. I was ok with that, but Chris was really sad. he really thought this was 'the one'.

So I did something bad.

I looked in the paper for bloodhound puppies.

I found a breeder near me that I could go check out and he had puppies. I called him Saturday night and he called me back this morning. He informs me that he's got one black and tan female left and would I like to come see her? He seemed very nice and very knowledgable so I said yes. I even scrounged the $500 together just in case. Not easy when you don't have your cash card on you!

I couldn't believe that I was ocnsidering buying a dog, but....well, I was.

I told him I woked until 7 and could I come to his place after 7 and he said no problem.

I get a message at 3 that a lady had come and bought the last puppy! :( *sigh* So I figured it just wasn't meant to be and shame on me for even considering buying the puppy. (I know I would have once I held that pup in my arms.)

The guy feels really bad about the puppy and he mentions this rescue bloodhound he has. She's a 3 1/2 year old female, spayed, housebroken, red color. This is exactly what we wanted in the first place! We would have taken a puppy but an adult is better! I'd much rather rescue one and he said there's be to charge or fee for her. Her name is Belle and I'm going to meet her right now.

Wish me luck!

wolf_Q
02-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh she sounds perfect! I hope she's as perfect as she sounds when you go to meet her! Good luck!!

aly
02-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt

The guy feels really bad about the puppy and he mentions this rescue bloodhound he has. She's a 3 1/2 year old female, spayed, housebroken, red color. This is exactly what we wanted in the first place! We would have taken a puppy but an adult is better! I'd much rather rescue one and he said there's be to charge or fee for her. Her name is Belle and I'm going to meet her right now.

Wish me luck!

THIS IS THE ONE

I believe in fate and I really think fate is at work here. Belle has been waiting for you and I am just bursting with excitement for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I wonder if you'll come home with her tonight?!?!?! Let us know as soon as you get home! I'll be on pins and needles!

GOOD LUCK :D :D :D

dukedogsmom
02-08-2004, 09:41 PM
I hope this is the one and we'll want a lot of pics! I hope you and Belle find happiness.

Moose
02-08-2004, 09:45 PM
I really hope [and think] Belle will be the one!! I'll be waiting for an update! :)

micki76
02-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by aly
THIS IS THE ONE

I believe in fate and I really think fate is at work here. Belle has been waiting for you

I totally agree!! Let us know ASAP!!!

K9soul
02-08-2004, 10:51 PM
I haven't really spoken up before now but I've followed your ups and downs in this search and my heart is truly going out for you and Chris. I'm hoping and praying Belle is "the one!" Fingers and paws crossed here!

jenfer
02-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Good luck and keep us informed. :)

Cheshirekatt
02-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi guys!!

:D

I'd have a bloodhound home with me right now, but she didn't fit in my car!

lololololololol

Belle was a sweetie, and all of their dogs were amazing! They had seven dogs in the house (including Belle) and they were all beautiful, clean, well cared-for and super, super friendly. Granted it was a little 'houndy smelling' in the house, but it is the rainy season here. lol

It was obvious they love all the dogs becuase the wife cried when we talked about me taking Belle home. :( They got Belle as a rescue and she had been bred and neglected and was suffering from a terrible pyometra. All the puppies died, but Belle made it. They spent $3,500 getting her better! One of the other dogs is picking on her and they feel she'd be better in a different house.

Chris is going to go pick her up tomorrow!

:)

veegan
02-08-2004, 11:24 PM
:O! :D! wonderful!!! I cant wait to hear how it goes!

jenfer
02-08-2004, 11:25 PM
That's great news. Can't wait to see some new pictures of Belle. :)

Nomilynn
02-08-2004, 11:29 PM
This is such exciting news!!!! Hooray!!! Congrats, can't wait for pictures ! :D :D

lovemyshiba
02-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Great news!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

aly
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for pics!!!

micki76
I can't wait to see her, Jeanine! Will you keep the name Belle? I like it :D

Congrats!!!!!

veegan
ah! you posted while I was typing! THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! Congratulations! Im so excited for you!!! Im so happy it all worked out!!!!!!!!

Crikit
02-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Yeah congrats, I can't wait to see pics of her. :D

Cheshirekatt
02-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by micki76
I can't wait to see her, Jeanine! Will you keep the name Belle? I like it :D

Congrats!!!!!

Yes, I think we'll keep that name. :D Although I might 'modify' it to something like Annabelle or Lulabelle.

Any suggestions?

micki76
02-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Yes, I think we'll keep that name. :D Although I might 'modify' it to something like Annabelle or Lulabelle.

Any suggestions?

What about Talula?

Kater
02-08-2004, 11:43 PM

Any suggestions?
The only thing that comes to mind is Liberty Belle. Bad joke, bad joke.

Wow, everything worked out so well! I'm very happy for you!
WONDERFUL!!! :D :D :D
I can't wait to see pics!!!!!!!!

Edit:
OR Isabell(e) / Isabella

wolf_Q
02-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Congratulations!!! Can't wait for pics!! :D

I like Lulabelle or Annabelle :)

shais_mom
02-09-2004, 12:24 AM
what a great story!!!!
I can't wait to see pics!!

CathyBogart
02-09-2004, 03:03 AM
I'm so happy for you and Belle!! She certainly landed in the right home!! I can't wait to see her.

Uabassoon
02-09-2004, 03:15 AM
OMG I almost cried from excitment for you! I guess everything really does happen for a reason! I'm so happy for you I can't even describe it! I can't wait to see tons of pictures :)

tomkatzid
02-09-2004, 03:17 AM
What awesome news.....I vote for Lulabelle..... we have got to have a pet talk meeting again soon so we can all properly welcome belle to the pet talk group!!!!!
:D :D :D :D ......tom

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-09-2004, 03:44 AM
Congratulations!! How exciting for you!! I can't wait to see pictures! Belle sounds like agood Southern name like you had been looking for. I am sure an variation of the name would work just fine and suit your hound perfectly!

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2004, 04:16 AM
Congratulations!!! I'm so glad to you were able to find the bloodhound for you!

When I saw the name Belle, I thought is needs Dixie or Lulu in front...

delidog
02-09-2004, 06:04 AM
I just saw this,That is Awesome!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!
Can't wait to meet Bella!!!!!!!!

anna_66
02-09-2004, 07:13 AM
I just knew you'd find the "perfect" one! I'm so happy for you. I just can't wait to see pictures:D

pitc9
02-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Oh HAPPY DAY!!!!

Congrats!!

And... like the others here.... I'll be waiting for pictures also!!!!

RubyMutt
02-09-2004, 08:53 AM
That is so wonderful! :D Congrats! I'm so happy for you, I'm glad everything seems to have worked out for the best :)

Cheshirekatt
02-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Oh, there's one thing I forgot to tell you guys....

She's a little....ummm.....well, she's fat. I think they may have loved her a little too much if you know what I mean!

So when you guys see her pictures remember that she's going on a diet and walk plan pronto! :)

Tina
02-09-2004, 09:30 AM
That is so exciting! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures of Belle:D

CountryWolf07
02-09-2004, 09:47 AM
congratulations!!!! :D I like her name.. "Belle" like Anna or whoever said.. add "Dixie" to it.. "Dixie Belle".. it sounds so cute.. and fitting..

K9soul
02-09-2004, 10:09 AM
That's just WONDERFUL news! I'm so very happy to see this! I can't wait to see pictures, fat or not she'll just be adorable I'm sure! I'm so happy for you!!

I love her name, and favor Annabelle or Dixie Belle the most out of the suggestions but I love them all :)

trayi52
02-09-2004, 11:59 AM
That is just the best news ever! I am so happy about your news! Good things do come to those who wait. Congratulations on getting Belle!

Whatever you decide to name her, I just know I want to see pictures, and so does everybody else. I can't wait to see pictures.

Hurry and post pictures as soon as possible!

Willie

Christiansmommy
02-09-2004, 12:07 PM
This is so exciting! I can't wait to see pics!!

I like Annabelle. :)

ChrisH
02-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Yay!! That is so wonderful!! :D Congratulations!! :D

Like everyone else I can`t wait to see the pictures!:D

Miss Meow
02-09-2004, 02:34 PM
Woohoo!!! :D

It's today in our timezone - where are the pictures! ;)

aly
02-09-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm going to burst with anticipation waiting for these pics! :D

I like the name Annabelle.

cloverfdx
02-09-2004, 06:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

That is awesome news, i cannot wait for pics.

*Happy tears*

Yayyyyyyyyy :D

Foam
02-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Awww YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!!! YAAY!!! :D:D:D:D

kimlovescats
02-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh this is such a remarkable event..... YES, things DO happen for a reason! Can't wait to meet Bella!!!!:D

delidog
02-09-2004, 08:01 PM
PICS PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Cheshirekatt
02-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Ok, I just got home and haven't even introduced the dogs yet. The big crate was a little messed up so Chris had to take Buford to work with him in case she broke out. :)

So far, she's growled at Wilma when Wilma approached her crate. Wilma was surprisingly well-behaved. Normally Wilma doesn't like other females too much but she seems to have a healthy respect for the big girls. So I have Wilma tethered to the couch on a 6 ft long line and Joxer is just roaming around but I think he's too scared to go right up to the crate. Hehe.

I let DixieBelle (LOVE that name) out of her crate for a little bit when I first got home. She seemed scared and was doing the 'low walk' thing. She didn't really want to go outside, but she did jump right up onto the futon! Cute girl.

I don't want to introduce the dogs until Chris gets home but I will try to take some pics of the new girl.

Phew!! Smells like there's a hound dog in here! :D

Cincy'sMom
02-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Glad to hear she is home :) Hope all the introductions go smoothly. And of course, can't wait to see pics of DixieBelle :)

cali
02-09-2004, 09:22 PM
CONGRATES! now where are those pictures? :D

cloverfdx
02-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Awwwwww DixieBelle is home :D Yaayyyyyyyyy.

I hope all the introductions go smoothly.\

LOL i love the smell of hound dog (one of my friends has a bassett) :D .

RubyMutt
02-09-2004, 09:47 PM
:D That is so great! I'm glad to here she's home (I love the name DixieBelle as well :)) I hope all goes well with introductions, keep us posted! (and don't forget about the pics ;))

Aspen and Misty
02-09-2004, 09:58 PM
O where are the pics!! I'm dieing here!!!

No, I just read this and I'm SOOOO happy for you! I also love the name, TO CUTE!

Congratulations!

Ash

captain
02-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh, Oh, Oh ................:eek:

I have been so busy at work, have not followed PT for days ............. and now you have a new Belle of the Ball.

Kat - Congrats!!! Can't wait for pics.

Linda York
02-10-2004, 11:05 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D
When a door shuts...... a window opens. There WAS a dog out there waiting for you. I was so happy to hear your news. I hope your transition period goes peacefully well. Can't wait for all the pix to come in. I also have a "chubby" baby. I would welcome any and all ideas for slimming him down. I'll follow your program. Again, I am so happy for your news and your new addition.
Welcome home Dixie Belle. :D :D :D