PDA

View Full Version : Docked tails on..

Amber
02-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Golden Retrivers?

When we were out shopping last night, we went to Pet Supplies. (Its just like petco, you can bring your pets with you) When we were there I saw a pure bred golden with a docked tail. It looked kinda funny on it. Is this a popular thing for goldens?

Moose
02-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Hm, I've never heard of it on Goldens before...did you ask its owner? Maybe there was something medically wrong that needed the tail to be docked.

GoldenRetrLuver
02-08-2004, 01:02 PM
A Golden with a docked tail? Hmm, I've never heard of that before either. There must have been something medically wrong with it's tail.

EssTer
02-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Humm, I donīt think that need to dock tail for golden... I agree that maybe it was problems with dogīs tail, so vet needed to dock it :confused:

Desert Arabian
02-08-2004, 01:31 PM
The pup most likely had it removed for medical resons, just like Brooke suggested.

That would be rather odd to see a Golden Retriever with a docked tail! Kinda like seeing a Basset Hound with cropped ears!! :eek:

Dogz
02-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover

That would be rather odd to see a Golden Retriever with a docked tail! Kinda like seeing a Basset Hound with cropped ears!! :eek:

Good example!:eek:

I agreee, it must have been something medically wrong with his/her tail.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-09-2004, 08:20 PM
It looks wierd, huh? I have also seen it! But in a way, I guess I could learn to like it on a Golden. I saw it a Petco a long time ago.

Christiansmommy
02-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Maybe it was even born w/o a tail? I know when i was a kid, we almost adopted a kitten (not a purebreed), just a domestic shorthair, and it had no tail...was born that way...so i suppose there could have been something going on during it's growth inside it's mommy, that caused the tail to not form?? Or maybe for medical reasons too...

Logan
02-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Can't imagine anyone docking a Golden's tail on purpose.

prechrswife
02-12-2004, 08:51 AM
I agree that there is probably a medical explanation. My sister's greyhound has a docked tail for that very reason.

Amber
02-12-2004, 08:37 PM
I didnt ask the owner. It probably had medical problems.