PDA

View Full Version : ...and one becomes two.

Moose
02-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Well...we got her. :D Zoey is now a happy member of our family.

We brought Moosey with us to the shelter today to meet her and see how they got along. Wow, Moose loved her. They are both are so energetic and happy...it's no wonder. She was a little unsure at first, but Moose was more than happy to meet her lol. They brought her out and his tail started wagging immediately.

She took a little while to warm up to him, but within a few minutes her whole body was wiggling and jumping around. They are so cute together, lol. :p

Anyway, she already seems to be settling in pretty well...she made her way up onto our bed already, lol. :p:p Moosey must have taught her that. ;) She's still extremely outgoing even at the house...which I definitely didn't expect her to be.

She did have an accident in the house already...but what can you expect?...the poor girl has been in a kennel for most of her life :(:(:p

We're so happy with her. She and Moose have been running around and playing since we brought her home this afternoon. I think they are both zonked...lol. Moose is lying on the couch with Josh, and Zoey is curled up on the bed with me.

Ahhh, I'm so happy! lol.

...and before you even ask about pictures, yes...they are coming. I took some with a regular camera and am planning on bringing her to my parents' house with me in a few weeks so I will get them scanned and take more with my mom's digital camera. Jeez, I really need to stop being cheap and just buy one...:rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
02-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Excuses, excuses...*sighs* I might just have to BUY you a digital camera as a house warming gift when you move up here. :p;)

CONGRATULATIONS! :D I'm so happy for you! Great name, too. :)

RobiLee
02-07-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm so happy for you! I haven't been on for a couple of days. Is this the doberman that you were talking about? I'm so glad that her and Moose are getting along. I love her name....Zoey. Can't wait to hear more about her and to see those pics. How old is she?

Robin :)

Moose
02-07-2004, 07:33 PM
I'll be waiting for that gift, JuJamba. ;)

Thanks guys. :)

Yes Robin, it's the same girl. :) She's a little over a year old.

...I love the name, too! lol...hm, guess that's why I picked it?? ;):p

dukedogsmom
02-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Oh, color me jealous! I can't wait to see pics and I'm so glad she and Moose are buddies already. That's the one thing I'd really be worrying about. How far are you from me? I might have to drive up and take pics for everyone so we can get our fix right away ;) I'm so happy for you all.

Moose
02-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Hmm...your in Palm Harbor, right Val?? Hm, that's only about 8+ hours away from me. ;):p Actually, 8 hours and 4 minutes according to MapQuest.com. ;)

Of course, if you really want tooooo...lol. ;)

Moose
02-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Map of drive...lol

http://www.mapquest.com/mqproxy/4025936d-0011e-0273d-400c2551

It doesn't look too bad...does it??? ;)

K9soul
Oh Brooke, I'm so happy for you, Josh and Moose. And Zoey too of course! What a wonderful home she has found with you guys. I can hardly wait to see pictures. What an exciting time. I'm so glad she and Moose hit it off so well!

*hugs* Congrats on your new baby!!

Moose
Thank you so much K9soul!! :)

primabella
02-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Congratulations Brooke! Glad to hear that she and Moose are getting along so well. :D I can't wait to see the pictures, I LOVE Dobes! Did I miss a thread or have you never described her? How does she look? :)

Dogz
02-07-2004, 07:48 PM
I knew it had to happen sometime! I am so happy for you!:D :D Congrats! I love the name, and I can't wait to see pictures!

dukedogsmom
02-07-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm in central Florida. It would still be a long drive because Palm Harbor is about 1 1/2 hrs from me. I'd be willing to do it! Duke would love the Keys as he's allowed almost anywhere. How much longer you going to be down there? I really need at least 2 more weeks so my next paycheck kicks in. Two weeks is when my next 3 day weekend is here. I can come on a weekday, too. I think it would be great fun!

Moose
02-07-2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks Liana. :)

Well...she's black and tan, a year old, natural ears...I don't know how to describe her. lol

I was looking through Pet Finder to find a picture or two to give you an idea, and this handsome guy is practically identical to her.

...although, most Dobermans look pretty identical lol. ;)

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/NC71/NC71.2434968-1-x.jpg
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/NC71/NC71.2434968-2-x.jpg

Thanks Emma! :)

Val, that would be so great if you could come down here!!! :D I won't be moving for at least 4 months...probably 5 or 6, so I'm sure we'd be able to come up with at least one date that works! lol

dukedogsmom
02-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Woo Hoo! That'll be lots of fun.

RobiLee
02-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Moose
Map of drive...lol

http://www.mapquest.com/mqproxy/4025936d-0011e-0273d-400c2551

It doesn't look too bad...does it??? ;)

Brooke....where do you live? do you live in the Keys somewhere?

Moose
02-07-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm so excited Val!!!

Yep, Robin...in Key West. :)

RobiLee
02-07-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm so excited Val!!!

Yep, Robin...in Key West. :)

Ok, I am extremely jealous!!!

That is where we spent our anniversary last year and we loved it and want to go back. Beautiful homes there. Did you grow up there? Do you like living there or is it a drag because of all the tourists? I would love to live there. Very expensive place though.

Moose
02-07-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I love it down here. The whole tourist deal isn't too bad normally...it's just bad around here from the beginning of March to the end of April because of all the "spring breakers." Well, I like it...but my parents are not big fans of a bunch of college kids running around town. :p But it's pretty easy to get away from it all...nothing too terrible. :)

I actually grew up in San Diego, CA [where Josh and I will be moving to in a few months :D]. I loved it there too, hence the reason we are moving back there. :p

jenfer
02-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Congratulation!!! Such great news. :) I am happy for you and for Moose. And I just discovered Moose's breed: Labradork??? haha... I love it. :D

Moose
02-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks, Jen.

...and yes, Labradork...fits him well. ;):p

Tweety_Pie
02-07-2004, 10:05 PM
congrats on the new addition!!! :D IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :D

CountryWolf07
02-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Congratulations!! I LOVE the name, Zoey! :D

Moose
02-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Thank you :)

Foam
02-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Congrats!!!!! Ah, i'm so happy for you!
Now about those pictures....;)

Kfamr
02-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Awwwww! Congratulations!!

And I already told you what happens if we don't get to see pictures!

Ohhh .. Val.. take me with you! :p

Moose
02-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys. :)

Yeah yeah, pictures pictures pictures...;):p;)

Oh man, that would be so cool if you guys both came! :D:p

You guys could stay with us. :)...that is, if you don't mind being around Josh for a few days. :p It's pretty unbearable at first, but you'll get used to it. ;):p

Tonya
02-07-2004, 11:17 PM
...and before you even ask about pictures, yes...they are coming. I took some with a regular camera and am planning on bringing her to my parents' house with me in a few weeks so I will get them scanned and take more with my mom's digital camera. Jeez, I really need to stop being cheap and just buy one...:rolleyes:

A few weeks? A few weeks?!!!! :eek: No way! You get to your parents' right this instant! We wanna see pictures!!!

Congratulations on your addition. I cannot wait to see her.

K9karen
02-07-2004, 11:51 PM
Oh Brooke! I don't know which makes me happier..the new addition (aw..little Zoey) or the fact that you don't have a digital camera yet either!! Bundles of hugs and Congrats on your wonderful, sweet new addition! Moose is already such a great big brother!
Klo made a mess in the house on her 2nd day but I'm sure it was nerves and the fact I didn't know her body language. Moose will show her the ropes!
And lastly....San Diego?! OK, now I really am extremely jealous..it's my favorite place! If I could, I'd move there in a flash!

Moose
02-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

lol Karen, we could be part of the "digital camera-less" club. ;) And you know, you're always welcome to visit us in San Diego! :D:p

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Congrats on your new addition! I love the name too!

In a few weeks!!! :eek: Girl that is way too long for us to wait for pictures :D

wolf_Q
02-08-2004, 02:38 AM
Congratulations! WE NEED PICS! :) I hope Val and Kay can come down there to take some!

Dobiegirl24
02-08-2004, 05:19 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to see pictures of the newest dobe to join pt! :D :D :D

GSDgurl
02-08-2004, 08:11 AM
!!~CONGRATS~!!

Im soo happy another Dobe joined PT~!! I bet she is beautiful. Hows she getting along with yalls schdule. I can't wait to see some pictures....that would be great if Val n' Kay could go n' of course take lots of pix;) Love the name Zoey.....I bet she is a real sweety~!

:D :D

ChrisH
02-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Congratulations!!!:D And Zoey (love her name :)) is black and tan with natural ears, just like my RB Max! :D I am just sooooo happy for you!:D

EssTer
02-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Congradulations.. I´m dlad Moose likes Zoey... :) Did I understand righ is she dobie?? It´s great ;)

Moose
02-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Thanks everyone. Don't worry, I'm planning a trip home soon...so hopefully I can get pictures up a little sooner!! :D

CamCamPup33
02-08-2004, 10:56 AM
AW! i didnt know you got another dog! :o Maybe thats why you said "When i come, ill have 2 instead of one!" :o LOL! I cant wait to see pictures! :D Congrats!

Moose
02-08-2004, 11:06 AM
lol Amber! Doy...;):p

pitc9
02-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Congrats!!!!

Can't wait for pictures of the two of them!!!

Moose
02-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks, Angie. :)

Any updates on Sienna??

Tina
02-09-2004, 09:48 AM
How exciting!:D Can't wait to see pictures of Zoey!!