PDA

View Full Version : UGH... *Dog Park Rant*

Kfamr
02-07-2004, 05:03 PM
We went today for Nala's birthday -- Nala played, growled, ran and everything like she always does. No one had a problem.

Until some guy with his princess perfect husky :rolleyes: came.
An older man, hard to understand because of his accent.

Nala and I have seen this dog before, have played with this dog before, MANY times. Almost everytime we've been there.

Nala, again was playing like normal. What does the guy do? He kicks her. Kicks MY dog. The continued playing, Nala mouthing the dog, the dog mouthing Nala. And, another dog playing and doing the exact same thing Nala was doing. What does he do now? Hits her in the head with a retractable leash handle.

I said "EXCUSE ME, what are you doing!?"

He mumbeled some stuff as I grabbed Nala and put her in a sit and stay.

He went on about how Nala was "aggressive". Ok, NO. Aggressive -- NO, Talkative - YES, Playful - YES. She's been to the dog park thousands of times, not once has she been aggressive.

I said, " no, Sir, That's how dogs play."

My dad told him "If little princess can't play then take her home."

This a woman that was standing there with him spoke up.
My dad says "Even if she WAS being aggressive you DON'T kick or hit a dog"

%^@^%#^#$&%&#$&#$&$#^$^&
I swear.. I don't care how old, wrinkly, or who in the heck he is -- I would have punched him. I would have. UGHHHHH.......

Another lady that owned a dog named Max who was playing with Nala left the same time we did (after all of this happened) and she agreed with us that 1, the hitting was uncalled for, and 2, she wasn't even being aggressive.

dukedogsmom
02-07-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm afraid if I had been there, I'd be setting in a jail cell now. And if there were witnesses, you should have called the police. He might have been charged with cruelty to animals. I sure feel sorry for his dog, too.

K9soul
02-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Awwww what a nasty person for poor Nala to run into on her birthday! :mad: I can just imagine how livid you felt. I would have been shaking. It must have taken everything in you to keep from decking him right there.

Dogz
02-07-2004, 05:33 PM
He had absolutely no right to hit or kick Nala! I would have been so mad. UGH.:mad:

I hope that the rest of the time was fun.

Lixx
02-07-2004, 05:42 PM
That's awful! I hate people like that! The nerve. He's lucky I wasn't there.....I'll show him how to kick:mad:

Hope the rest of her birthday is better!

Tonya
02-07-2004, 05:46 PM
That sucks, Kayann. How dare he kick the birthday girl! I have that same issue at my dog park too. Some people get bothered because my dogs are mouthy. I never know quite what to do because they tell me to let them play if I leash my dogs, yet they get irritated when my dogs roughhouse. :rolleyes:

tomkatzid
02-07-2004, 07:08 PM
That DOES suck....I mean that is why we go to the dog parks, to let the dogs be dogs for awhile, I have had it with people like that, Happy birthday Nala, don't let one idiot get you down.....tom

Amber
02-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Man o man! How could he hit Nala? I hope nala is Okay and give her a kiss for me.

jenfer
02-07-2004, 09:46 PM
:mad: :mad: Crazy people. If he is not happy with the way other dogs play with his dog he could take his dog to another spot. There is no reason why he kicks your dog.

But I still hope Nala had a lovely birthday despite of that dumb old man.

catnapper
02-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Grrr. I would have kicked him back! People with perfect little puff balls do not belong in public - at least thoise that believe their precious baby shouldn't come in contact with other dogs. I had a similar incident that ended not too well because I basically told them where to go and stormed off... complaining about their "yip-yap circus dog." Not my proudest moment, but sometimes nutty owners bring out my temper.

Kfamr
02-07-2004, 10:44 PM
It took alot for me not to harm him.... ALOT.
And really, unless he's a dog behaviorist or he knows my dog personally -- he's no one to say if she was being aggressive.

I know my dog, I know how she plays, I know her personality.... and NO ONE can say anything otherwise.

Sometimes I wish there was an "Ignore" option in real life.

BIG BAD DOG
02-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Your father must have great restraint.

One Old Man hit one of my kids and he would have seen THE BIG BAD DOG!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A Proctoligist <sp> would have been required for him to get his leash back.:eek: :eek:

Happy Birthday Nala You just be yourself.

anna_66
02-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by BIG BAD DOG
Your father must have great restraint.

One Old Man hit one of my kids and he would have seen THE BIG BAD DOG!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A Proctoligist <sp> would have been required for him to get his leash back.:eek: :eek:
You took the words right out of my mouth. What an a**!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-08-2004, 11:26 AM
What an idiot! Well, you did the right thing, Kay. I'm just glad that Nals wasen't hurt. If I was there, HE would have gotten hurt. No one kicks my dog, or Kay's dog... or ANYONE'S DOG.

pitc9
02-08-2004, 01:48 PM
What the HELL is wrong with some people!?!
Hitting someone's dog...... holy cow..... I don't know what I would do if someone ever hit my dogs.
Nala... I'm so sorry your birthday trip to the park was so bad! It's to bad that you had to run into someone like THAT on such a special day!
Kayann, I feel for you as well!! I'm so sorry you had a run in with a #1 JERK!!!!!!!!! (I really have a few other words that could fit him... but I'm trying to be nice here....)

Nala.... no matter what happened... I'm sure you had a wonderful Birthday anyway!!!

isis
02-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Geez..I CAN'T TAKE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!:mad: Just remember, don't do anything meen to them. Someday something bad will happen to them. Happy birthday Nala. You are sooo cute.:D

countrycowgirl
02-08-2004, 02:33 PM
I can't believe he kicked her. I mean come on people shoud know that the owner knows when their dog is being aggresive what a idiot :mad: :mad: happy birthday nala your such a pretty girl don't let that mean ol man get ya down k;)

ramanth
02-09-2004, 09:57 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: How freaking rude!! Poor Nala. :(

I hope she still enjoyed her birthday.