PDA

View Full Version : any cooks around i need a recipe please

Truffles
02-07-2004, 04:05 PM
hey,

ok i want to make a pecan pie i have a freezer full of peacans and said hey why not give making a pecan pie a shot.

anyway i watched a show on the food network and found a recipe and tried it and it turned out ok but lets just say that recipe isn't worth trying again :p

anyway i am not the type of person that loves to cook infact i do most of my cooking in the microwave lol no lye.see do to my epilepsy i have to be extra careful in the kitchen i have all kinds of seizures and will never be cured unless a mircale happens and they find a cure:rolleyes:

anyway i want to try making a pecan pie again and was wondering if anyone has a good and EASY recipe they wouldn't mind sharing w/ me please i'd be very grateful:) thanks and take care:)

marylyn

dukedogsmom
02-07-2004, 05:00 PM
I very rarely cook. But, I've found some good recipes here: www.allrecipes.com It's a very good site and they have everything you could think of.

Kfamr
02-07-2004, 05:08 PM
My mom makes an awesome pecan pie...

I'll see if she'll write down the recipe when she gets back from the store.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Easy Pecan Pie

1 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pecan halves
3 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Combine corn syrup, sugar, pecans, beaten eggs, melted butter, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.

Lower oven temperature to 350°F and bake an additional 35 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of pie. Cool on wire rack before slicing.

Makes 8 servings.

NoahsMommy
02-07-2004, 07:57 PM
The recipe above sounds good....I make chocolate pecan pie by adding chocolate chips to the bottom of the pie crust before cooking the pie. Its really good because it melts. Serve it warm. :)