PDA

View Full Version : August 2004: Best Friends Animal Sanctuary Meeting

wolf_Q
02-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Since the majority wanted August, that's what I'm going with.

Please vote what week in August would work best for you. Not that anyone has to stay a week or anything, I'm just trying to figure out the best time period.

I'll most likely drive down there on a Thurs or Friday, stay the weekend and a few days after. It would most likely be the 6th through the 11th or something like that, but I'm voting it as week Aug 8-Aug 14.

Nomilynn
02-08-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm going to vote 8-14 but if I get the time off I would be leaving on the 8th or 9th and according to Mapquest it's an easy 3 day drive, or a more tiring 2 day drive.

wolf_Q
02-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks for replying Naomi. :)

I know I'm a freak but I'm hoping to have my hotels booked by the end of this month.

CountryWolf07
02-09-2004, 10:55 AM
I won't be there, but I'll be there to visit you in JUNE. :D I can't wait - I know you say Utah is boring, but I've never seen the west, so.. hehe.. it'll be interesting.

Nomilynn
02-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Thanks for replying Naomi. :)

I know I'm a freak but I'm hoping to have my hotels booked by the end of this month.

You aren't a freak! You probably will get a much better deal that way, anyway.

I can't book a hotel until I'm sure I can get the time off, so I'm still waiting to see. Plus, it will all depend on dollars, unfortunatly! :p

wolf_Q
02-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Yep, Rachel that will be fun! I hope I can Utah more exciting...if I lived near Kanab there's some fun stuff, but I don't. ;)

Hope you can get the time off Naomi!

I know there's more of you that have talked about coming to this. Could you please, please, pretty please reply? :(

I've talked to some people who have visited there and they told me I need to make reservations NOW (for the Tour/volunteering at the Sanctuary as well as hotels) as they fill up really fast in the summer.

aly
02-14-2004, 10:25 PM
I voted the 8-14th but I'm not positive yet. I don't think I'll know until May or June.

All Creatures Great And Small
02-14-2004, 11:55 PM
I voted 15th - 21st, but I'm pretty flexible - I can adapt to whatever works out best for the majority. I believe Laura goes back to school already by the week of the 22nd - 28th, so that wouldn't work, but we could shoot for some of those earlier weeks.

dukedogsmom
02-15-2004, 12:24 PM
My finances just won't allow it this year. So sorry. I wish I could just go and live there. We'll expect a lot of pics and I'm going to be super jealous of everyone that gets to go.

wolf_Q
02-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Sorry you can't make it Dukedogsmom. :(

Thanks for the replies!

Crikit
02-18-2004, 12:01 AM
I know for certain that I won't be able to make it down this year Amy :( To much stuff has just seemed to come out of nowhere so I won't be able to afford it or get the time off work for then.

I promise however that if and when you come down to Canada this summer we'll have a rip roaring time...well not a real rip roaring time because I think that's against the law :D ;)

Blustang24
02-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Well, that trip would be $400 in gas roundtrip and probably $500 there. That would be an expensive trip. But, KayAnn and I have a deal, so we'll see what happens. She also has school starting the 3rd of August and there is a missed days limit of 9 days here or else you fail classes if you don't pass the exam. (and because she's on a 4x4 blcok schedule instead of 6 classes I think it's less days than that. :( hmm...i'll have to talk to her!

wolf_Q
02-29-2004, 08:46 PM
I promise however that if and when you come down to Canada this summer we'll have a rip roaring time...well not a real rip roaring time because I think that's against the law

Come UP to Canada! :p ;) I hope I'll be able to go, and I hope if I do, Nebo won't be a brat head! I've already taken the time off so we better be going! lol I'm not sure when or how long I'll be in Calgary though.

Lauren, that would be GREAT if you and Kay could go! I do understand the expenses, though! Let me know what you find out! That seems so weird that school starts that early, mine was always near the end of August.

Blustang24
02-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Amy, when I was still in school they always started anywhere from aug 21 through the 28th...depending on what year because they would rotate. but my senior year was the last of that and the school board wanted to have an earlier school start and an earlier summer start so that they can keep the two semesters with exams on either side of winter break. i guess it makes more sense, but aug is the real summer down here! oh well!

I'll keep you posted.

Corinna
03-01-2004, 12:24 AM
I can't come cuz thats our busy part of the season. But to all of you going . Just take a little pass through Montana and Glacier national park and say HI to me. as the summer gets closer I know my scheduale and would love showing PT'ERS around.

wolf_Q
03-21-2004, 10:34 PM
Let me know whatever you find out, Lauren!

Hey Corinna if everything goes as planned I will be going to Glacier in July. A personal guide would be fun. ;)