PDA

View Full Version : Bad News....We Didn't Get Homer After All....

Cheshirekatt
02-07-2004, 02:04 PM
:(

They changed their minds at the last minute and decided to place both the puppies with Search and Rescue people.

I just heard. I'm very sad.

:(

Tweety_Pie
02-07-2004, 02:05 PM
awww Im soo sorry you didn't get Homer :(

primabella
02-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Why would they just spring that up on you? :( I'm so sorry that it didn't work out.

micki76
02-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Aw Jeanine, I'm so sorry. Try think of all the good that Homer will do as a search and rescue doggie.

clara4457
02-07-2004, 03:11 PM
I am so sorry that you didn't get to adopt Homer. You must be heartbroken, but I know your soul mate is out there somewhere just waiting for you. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Tonya
02-07-2004, 03:21 PM
That's to bad. We are all disappointed with you. Maybe you'll find another cutie.

Cheshirekatt
02-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys.

I keep trying to tell myself that he'll be with his little sister and doing search and rescue work like he's been bred to do.

But it doesn't make it any easier, lemme tell ya. I've spent the last hour consoling my poor boyfriend who's been crying his eyes out (don't tell him I told you!). Poor guy was sooooo attached to that little pup already.

*sigh*

Guess it just wasn't meant to be.

cocker_luva
02-07-2004, 04:16 PM
sorry. what kinda dog was he

dukedogsmom
02-07-2004, 04:49 PM
So sorry to hear that. Why did they do that to you? Tell your boyfriend that to us, his crying just makes him more of a man. I hope you find a special dog that needs you soon.

delidog
02-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Oh I am So Sorry to hear This!!!!
I know how much you guys wanted Him!!!!!!
Some Pup will come along soon....have you tried bloodhoundrescue.com????

I Really Feel for you guys!!!!

trayi52
02-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't get Homer. I thought, well its in the bag, that you was going to get him for sure!

Maybe you will find another one.

Willie

Cheshirekatt
02-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Frankly, after waiting for two years I give up. I just don't have it in me to go through this all again.

tatsxxx11
02-07-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm so, so sorry:(:(:( But through your tears, remember, your heart dog is out there, waiting for you. And I have to say, your boyfriend is one terrifc guy. Please don't say you "give up." A very special doggie, in need of the loving home you can provide, is counting on you to keep going. Think of the great optimism he holds in his heart; the hope that somewhere, someone, will come to his rescue. And then perhaps you will find the stength to perservere. {{{HUGS}}}

dukedogsmom
02-07-2004, 07:17 PM
I need to add not to give up, also. I had just about given up on Chance finding a forever home and he got one a week before Christmas. Don't give up.

RobiLee
02-07-2004, 08:32 PM
I am so sorry. This is very sad news.

Please don't give up. Your heart will heal and right around the corner will be that forever pup.

Robin

jenfer
02-07-2004, 09:16 PM
I am sorry to hear that. :(

wolf_Q
02-08-2004, 02:15 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I know you would have given him a wonderful home!!

RubyMutt
02-08-2004, 09:54 AM
:( I am so sorry to hear that. I can't believe the rescue group would do that to you! That's a little cruel :( Please don't give up, I'm sure there's another dog out there for you.

I couldn't have said it better:

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Please don't say you "give up." A very special doggie, in need of the loving home you can provide, is counting on you to keep going. Think of the great optimism he holds in his heart; the hope that somewhere, someone, will come to his rescue. And then perhaps you will find the stength to perservere. {{{HUGS}}}

Again, I'm so sorry this happened :( :(

tomkatzid
02-08-2004, 10:20 AM
We're all feeling your pain, hang in there, I know there is a bloodhound out there who needs you guys.......tom

anna_66
02-08-2004, 10:35 AM
I too am sorry to hear that you weren't able to bring Homer home to live with you.
I know there's a dog out there calling your names!

veegan
02-08-2004, 12:09 PM
oh my god, I cant believe that! I too am so very sorry. and yes, again, do not give up! before I found Brock there was an aussie at the humane society I absolutely fell in love with, and had put a hold on for a day. the next day we had company at the house so my parents werent able to come down and meet her, so 2 other people put a hold on after mine, so when I put a 2nd hold on I was 3rd in line. I found out 2 days later her first hold had adopted her. I was so sad but tried to tell myself she must not have been the one, even though it was hard to believe since she seemed so perfect. A few weeks later I met Brock and instantly I knew he was the dog I had been waiting for. I even had a scare with him; my parents never told me the foster mom called so she assumed I wasnt interested and put this couple in line in front of me who was also interested in him. I was so disappointed and scared, but a few days later I found out they were interested in a few other dogs which she felt would be more fitting for them than Brock, though it still wasnt for sure that Id be able to get him. It wasnt until the day before I adopted him that they adopted a different dog. :) So anyway, I know youve been waiting a lot longer than I have, and Im sure youve been stretched to the limit, but try to keep hanging in there because I just know the dog for you is out there waiting. And just think, once you find him/her it will just be all the more rewarding.

pitc9
02-08-2004, 01:53 PM
I am so sorry!!!!

But please.... DO NOT GIVE UP!!

There is a little puppy out there right now.... just saying to him/herself.....

"I'm just gonna give up... no body wants me"

And if you give up now......... your giving up on that little one that needs a home! Pleeeeease follow your heart... and don't give up!

CountryWolf07
02-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Don't give up! There's a pup out there waiting for YOU and your boyfriend.. :) Keep looking! Homer wasn't meant to be yours, he was meant to help to rescue and search for people.. keep looking.

Linda York
02-09-2004, 11:42 AM
quote:

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
"Please don't say you "give up." A very special doggie, in need of the loving home you can provide, is counting on you to keep going. Think of the great optimism he holds in his heart; the hope that somewhere, someone, will come to his rescue. And then perhaps you will find the stength to perservere. {{{HUGS}}}

Perfectly said. This is so true.

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't get Homer. Please don't give up. And as also stated before... find peace in knowing that he is with his sister and they will be doing great work, and may someday be at the right place at the right time and save someones life.
I'm sorry about your news...... :(