PDA

View Full Version : Time Zones

ChrisH
02-07-2004, 01:56 PM
I don’t know why, but I find the difference in our time fascinating, even wondrous, the fact that I am communicating with people so far away at different times of the day & night. Even a different day in the case of Australia and New Zealand!

Having looked at the time zones this is what I have come up with.

When it is 8pm here in the UK (and Iceland!) it is:

11am – Alaska
Mid-day – California & British Columbia
1pm – Utah
2pm – Texas, Illinois, Iowa & Kansas
3pm –Ohio, Florida, Indiana, Pennsylvania & Ontario
4pm – Nova Scotia

Now time goes forward.

9pm –Germany & Denmark
11pm - Bahrain
6am Sunday – Brisbane and Queensland (Australia)
7am Sunday - Melbourne (Australia)
And finally
9pm Sunday – Auckland, New Zealand!

:D

popcornbird
02-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Wow! I never realized it, but Australia/New Zealand are FAR ahead of us! I cannot imagine the jetlag I would have if I ever travelled there! Almost a full day and a full night (few hours less). :eek:

Randi
02-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Yes, it's interesting. Some friends of mine traveled around the world some years ago. Their youngest daughter had her birthday when they crossed the date line (they went to either Auckland or Western Samoa at the time), so she was very exited that she had her birthday for two days! :D Her fathers was the day after. :)

When we had the solar eclipse, a few years ago, I was speaking to my girlfriend in London and could decribe it to her. Not that it got that dark here. :rolleyes:

According to my sleeping habits, I should be living a few hours west of here, and I'd be an early bird. LOL!

Here's a site with the time zones:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

ChrisH
02-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Randi, this is the World time teller I use.

Current time in 1000 places (http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/World_Time/Current_Time.ASP?For=Copenhagen+Denmark)

It has an A-Z index and is showing Copenhagen on this link! :D

G.P.girl
02-07-2004, 02:37 PM
It's really wierd cause my dad is exactly 12 hours ahead of us. i'ts so woerd taling to him1

CatDad
02-07-2004, 02:43 PM
It is pretty interesting.

I became really aware of the time differences when I was doing tech support for alot of international cutomers. That got interesting when trying to figure out a time to talk. If the customer was not interested in being flexable I could wind up being at work at midnight. Just to talk to them.