PDA

View Full Version : Wardrobe Malfunctions

RICHARD
02-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Since Janet and Justin made this catch phrase popular, now's your time to tell about YOUR wardrobe malfunctions!!

Tonya
02-07-2004, 10:34 AM
I have a good one!!!! I've told this before.

Middle of my senior year, I had to change highschools. I was going from a highschool of about 300 students to a highschool of about 3,000 students.

I was really nervous because here I was going from being student body president, member of every club, well known, to a nobody at this huge school. "How would anyone possibly even notice that there was a new girl? Uggg, I'll never make any friends...."

So, I was very selective on my outfit. I had to look especially cool...I wore these black knee high boots, this short black skirt, and this printed top with silver on it and this really cool silver jacket.

I go to the office and pick up my schedule. Then I had to walk a million miles to my first class. As I'm walking down the halls, every one was looking at me. I was getting whistles left and right. All kinds of "Sexy!" "Hot!" comments. My confidence begun to soar. "This new school isn't going to be so bad afterall..."

By the time I got to the class, everyone was seated. I walked up to the front of the class and showed the teacher my schedule and asked where I should be seated. Again, I was hearing all kinds of "compliments".

So, she points to a desk at the very back. I walk back there, and this guy, leans over and goes "Hey, your skirt is stuck in your backpack."

I was instantly popular! Didn't take me long to be known at that school. :rolleyes:

micki76
02-07-2004, 10:40 AM
LOL, mine’s very similar to Tonya’s.

I was rushing around getting dressed in a super big hurry one morning about 16 years ago, because I had to stop at the store for a cake for a co worker. Well, I rushed to the store, got the cake and made it to work on time, but when I got to work another co worker busted out laughing. Turns out I had traipsed through the entire store with my skirt in my pantyhose. At least I was thin and had a good butt back then! :p

And thank goodness I'm not one of those people that don't wear underwear under their pantyhose! :o :o :o

Tonya
02-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by micki76
And thank goodness I'm not one of those people that don't wear underwear under their pantyhose! :o :o :o

I wore next to nothing back then. lol. Those dang string things.

micki76
02-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Tonya
I wore next to nothing back then. lol. Those dang string things.

:eek:

No wonder you were popular! :D

Pam
02-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Years ago I worked for a dentist and he had taken on an associate who happened to be a woman. She was a lot of fun to work with, and one morning she walked into the office and asked me to look down at her shoes. She had two different shoes on! They were similar but different colors, etc. and she had slid her feet into them in the dark closet not realizing. She asked me if I thought the patients would have less confidence in her abilities if they looked down at her feet! :D

OK Richard, what's your story? We know you must have one! :p

RICHARD
02-07-2004, 11:26 AM
I got on the elevator and went from the fifth to the tenth floor......where they kept the newborns and moms, possibly one of the coldest places in the building....I got off the elevator and
felt this chill......I looked down and found out why all the nurses wouldn't look me in the eye....

Of course they were looking at my cool belt buckle , tidy whities and my 'state of mind' at that moment...

The barn door was open and the 'old gray mare'
was never what it was supposed to be after that...:rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :o :p

Cheshirekatt
02-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Quite a few years ago, after a very busy and long night, my new bf and I decided to go to the grocery store for breakfast stuff.

Well, I hurridly (is that a word?) put on the same pants that I had taken off just as hurridly the night before. They felt a little weird but I didn't think anything of it.

So we're walking around and my pants start feeling funny around my ankle. I look down and what plops out of my pant leg and lands on the floor?? My panties! Right there on the floor of the grocery store on a busy Sunday morning! :eek: I scooped them up, stuffed them into my purse and wrapped up my little shopping expedition.

G.P.girl
02-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt

So we're walking around and my pants start feeling funny around my ankle. I look down and what plops out of my pant leg and lands on the floor?? My panties! Right there on the floor of the grocery store on a busy Sunday morning! :eek: I scooped them up, stuffed them into my purse and wrapped up my little shopping expedition.
Iwas just thinking about that last night! that happened to me when i was in 5th grade! we went to the pool for swimming lessons on mondays and i was wearing my swimsiut under my clothes, and as i was walking through the main part of the pool...PLOP!..i was so embarrased:o i think it scarred me for life:rolleyes:

green_chameleon_girl
02-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Once I was going to meet some friends at the end of my street and I was wearing a skirt so I went to go and put on my sweater but my skirt got caught on it and:o I stared walking up the street!!! I dident feel the skirt on my legs so I looked down and I was SO embarrassed I sat down on the grass as soon as I noticed it and my friends were LAUGHING so hard..thats why I barley wear skirts anymore lol;)

RICHARD
02-07-2004, 12:11 PM
LOL.....Just thought of another one...

LONG before it was cool for women to wear men's underware I picked some for the GF-as a joke-
she was a good sport and did wear them!

She was only 5'2" and wore a small- I was reminded of that one morning when I went to the laundry basket to fetch a clean pair before I left for work.....

About mid thigh I thought, 'what cheap crap....wash them and they get impossibly small'

I quickly discovered my mistake and got the right size......

Pam
02-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
of the coldest places in the building....I got off the elevator and
felt this chill......Of course they were looking at my cool belt buckle , tidy whities and my 'state of mind' at that moment...

A Seinfeld episode is coming to mind! :o LOL!

This thread is so funny! Thank you Janet Jackson for that unspeakable act of poor taste. At least now it has some redeeming value in the form of a few laughs amongst us PTers!

RICHARD
02-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Pam
A Seinfeld episode is coming to mind! :o LOL!

This thread is so funny! Thank you Janet Jackson for that unspeakable act of poor taste. At least now it has some redeeming value in the form of a few laughs amongst us PTers!

It was a DAMN cool belt buckle....;)

Pam
02-07-2004, 12:29 PM
It was a DAMN cool belt buckle....;)

:D :D

catnapper
02-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Ok, this is something my husband and kids still tease me about to this day...

When my husband and I were first dating, we went to the mall with his three kids. There was a bra sale and I mentioned that I needed new ones. I didn't think anything about mentioning bras since they to me are more utility than sexy. ANYWAY, we went in with three kids all in search of my size in my price range. We spread out through the store and five mintues later, my now step-son screams "Hey Kim - is this one big enough?" He was holding up a "grandma" bra that could have fit me and three other people!

And all I heard was snicker - snicker - snicker from all of the other customers.

G.P.girl
02-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
my now step-son screams "Hey Kim - is this one big enough?" He was holding up a "grandma" bra that could have fit me and three other people!

And all I heard was snicker - snicker - snicker from all of the other customers.
LMAO!!!:D :D

slick
02-07-2004, 12:57 PM
Mine is not very exciting but

Picture it, Vancouver, 1964. A very young 12 yr old named Vickie goes her mother and says "Mommy when can I wear a brassiere?" Mom said "I don't think you are ready for one yet but let's go to the store and see what we can find."

Off to the store we went. I was soooo excited because I had already gotten my first pair of stockings and garter belt and all I needed was a bra to make me feel all "growed up". (keep in mind that I had absolutely NOTHING to support yet :D) I tried on all kinds of "starters" but the one I liked the best was the one with big red strawberries on it, and it was a padded one.

The next day at school I was never so embarrassed in all my life. Not only did I go from NOTHING to a 34DD overnight but you could see the strawberries through my blouse. WHAT WAS I THINKING????

RICHARD
02-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by slick
WHAT WAS I THINKING????

That when you shop for produce you keep the melons and strawberries separate???:confused: :rolleyes:

slick
02-07-2004, 01:09 PM
That when you shop for produce you keep the melons and strawberries separate???:confused: :rolleyes:
:D :D Just came back from shopping.

It was also a real blow to the self-esteem because even "well-endowed" the boys still didn't like me.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rg_girlca
02-07-2004, 01:22 PM
I don't recall if anything like that has happened to me but I truly enjoyed reading about everyone's mishaps.

Also, Slick, you might not think your's was exiciting, but it was damn funny to picture.
:D

NoahsMommy
02-07-2004, 08:07 PM
I hope my story isn't too crude....

I kind of developed a tiny bit faster than girls my age. Anyway, we used to spend our summers in a day camp where they had a pool. I had just gotten two new bathingsuits for the summer and I couldn't wait to wear the "French Bikini" one. They look like a normal one-piece suit, with your tummy and lower back showing, but the are still attached on your sides.

Anyway, I had one where each part was a different color. The part in the lower front was a hot pink color. I must have chosen a bathing suit for younger girls, because it didn't have a "protective panel", if you catch my drift.

My first day wearing it, a girl whispered that she could see through it!!!!!!!! :( :( :( I was sooooooooo embarressed!!! I never wore that one again! :o: :o: :o:

joycenalex
02-08-2004, 08:23 AM
i have two stories to share...right after i finished xray school i was on a job interview; i was pretty broke and needed the job. i spent money on a nice pair of dress black heels to go with my skirt and blouse, my underwear tho was...clean but aged, and i'm rather busty. during the seated across from the director portion of the interview i feel my left bra strap break in the back. part of me starts to slide south, while the rest of me remains stationary. i lean to the left so that i can 'prop' my escaping breast into/on my arm. after several more minutes of conversation, the director wants to tour the center...uh.....i pick up my protfolio in my left hand and clutch it to my bosom. must of worked, i got the job and did spend part of the first check on new bras:D .
another xray job i was the saturday morning darkroom film runner. i was going to lunch with a friend when i got off at 1, so i was wearing a top and a tie in front wrap around skirt with a big bowtie. darkrooms are dark, there is only a 15 watt red lightbulb in the far ceiling light fixture so the xray films don't get fogged by too much light. filmbins store the to be used film, the film bin opens sort of like a drawer that closes automatically to keep the film safe from accidental light exposure. yep, i caught the big bow tie in the drawer and managed to untie myself from my skirt and as i turned away from the film drawer to place the film into the automatic processor. there i was, skirtless in the darkroom. i felt a draft.... now i just wear scrubs no matter what i'm doing later

CountryWolf07
02-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Hmm..

Amy giving me PINK shorts! :P

Tonya
02-08-2004, 01:37 PM
hehe. Good stories!

zippy-kat
02-08-2004, 01:53 PM
I didn't think I had any.... but I remember one now! :o

In high school, one of my best buddies invited me to a out-of-town concert with her church. The night before our departure, I get a call from the youth minister (A) to make sure I was still going and (B) to give me a list of items that I might want to bring.... a bathing suit was one (hotel had a pool/hot tub). My one-piece didn't fit anymore --and, being February, I couldn't exactly go out and buy one-- so I took my two piece (made similar to boardshorts & a crop top-- it was NOT one of the skimpier numbers).

Once there, my buddie's sister and her crew wanted to go swimming but they couldn't w/ out someone 18 yrs +. I was only a few days away from 18, so I volunteered to take them. My buddie said she had to call her mom/dad and then she'd be down to help babysit/swim.

So, I'm in the bathroom changing. Got the shorts on, no problem. Tried to put the top on and the zipper (which runs the full length of the front) is not working....it seems to be broke! I fiddle with it and finally get it zipped. Tugged on it a bit to make sure it was going to stay. It did.

We go down to the pool...which has lights underneath the water and is swarming w/ the guys from our trip. My buddie's sis and I get in the pool while the other girls head for the hottub. Buddie's sis wanted to race, so we get against the wall, she yells "GO!" and we're off! Only.... so is my top! :eek: The zipper broke on the first stroke/movement of my arms & revealed everything! :o

RICHARD
02-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
there is only a 15 watt red lightbulb in the far ceiling light fixture so the xray films don't get fogged by too much light.

lol..

The origins of the 'red light district'????

:eek:

Zip,

hence your name??? ZIPPY cat??

CK,

That's why I wear shorts all the time!

Catnapper,

THAT"s the reason people leave kids in the car while they shop..

Noah's Mom...
lolol....your story and Zippy's remind me of a swimming story...

I was caught with my pants down once....

A childhood friend invited me to go to a party at his sister's home.

His sister was older and we both were attracted to each other, but at that time she was dating another guy.....We were swimmng and after a few beers I excused myself to go to the rest room.......I 'm standing there, doing my thing when all of a sudden the the door opens and there is the sister....
she looks, and excuses herself....

After I finished I went back out and acted like nothing happened.... Two seconds later she looks at everyone and says
"Richard showed me his .......... in the bathroom..."

I died a thousand deaths in the space of one second......

Everyone started to laugh.....before I came out she had walked out of the house rather quickly..everyone noticed and asked her what had happened..she had told everyone that she accidentally walked in on me and everyone agreed that it would be a payback if she accused me of 'flashing' her....

I have a new rules for pool parties....one is I don't go into the bathroom while I swim at a friend's pool anymore....I just pee in the pool...
;)

slick
02-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Just thought of another one. Not my malfunction, but :eek:

Years ago when I was in a pipe band we had just finished doing a mile long parade and at the end of it we were all sitting down on the curb of the sidewalk, exhausted and thirsty. I got up to get a drink of water and on the way back I noticed one of the pipers "sitting like a man" busily talking to another piper and there he was in all his glory doing the full monty. I knew him well so I went over and whispered "I see your bagpipe is exposed" then laughed and walk on. Many of the pipers dressed regimental when doing summer parades and there were always 1 or 2 that would forget what they were (or weren't) wearing :D :D :D

cubby31682
02-08-2004, 10:28 PM
One time in middle school we had 'dress up' days. Any ways, I was in a skirt just above my knees. I was wearing a pair of my mom's shoes and pantyhose. I went to the bathroom right before I started walking home. So after I went to the bathroom I took off and walked home. I took the long way home I don't remember why I wanted to walk that way, but it was on the main road of town. I got a lot of honks and hoots and yells and so on and so forth. After so many cars I got tired of it and someone honked at me and I turned around and flipped him off.:o My shoes I was wearing were cutting into the back of my feet. I walked into my house threw my bag down turned around lifted my foot onto the couch and said to my mom 'see what these shoes have done to me today?' She busted out laughing and said ' well if you pull the back of your skirt down it might help.' I turned and looked at her and accidently said WTF? so I ran into her bedroom (she had a full lenth mirror.) I turned around and I started crying and I explained to her what I did on the way home. And all the honks. She couldn't stop laughing at me. :(

So to get my mom back now for laughing at me I have to tell a story about her. (This is very off topic kind of.) My mom doesn't bake and here is one of the reasons why. One day she decided to make some cookies for us as she was standing in the kitchen using a mixer to mix the cookies. My brother and I yelled for her. She lifted up the mixer and turned her head and her hair went right to the mixer. Her hair was wrapped around the mixer beaters. My brother me and my dad couldn't stop laughing long enough to ask her if she was ok. She had to cut the mixer out of her hair. Ever since then she hasn't used a mixer. She just bought a new one but it's attached to a base with a bowl on it for mixing. :D

Katie

popcornbird
02-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Wow. Some of these are HILARIOUS! :eek:

I have one.............nothing like all of your's, but still, it was an embarrassment regarding clothes. :p

Back in elementry school, when I was in first or second grade, we used to have PE out in the school lawn. Our school lawn was *huge*, and people would occasionally bring their dogs there for a stroll after school hours.

Anyway, one fine spring morning, I went to school wearing a jumper type of dress............you know the kinds with a blouse underneath? I was just 6 or 7 years old at the time. We went out for PE at around 10am, and were playing *red-hot potato* on the grass after the general workout. The teacher had us *sit* on the grass to play this game.

I remember sitting, and feeling something ooey, gooey, and slimey beneath me. I got up, and looked at my dress. I had sat on a big pile of dog poop :eek:, and was totally disgusted by it all smeared on my dress. Ewwww! I started crying, got up, and ran to the bathroom. I had no way to wash it while wearing it, and I wasn't going to dare take it off because I only had a blouse under it. I decided to go back to the game and not let anyone know about it. It wasn't something I could hide, and before long, all the kids had seen it and were laughing their heads off. I was SO embarrassed! My teacher tried to call my mom to tell her to bring me another outfit, but of course, she wasn't at home. I had to stay the rest of the day in those dog poop clothes, very uncomfortable and grossed out. I was upset...........very upset. He he. When my mom finally came to pick me up after school, she said I can't come in the car like that. She *made* me take off the jumper part of the dress while I cried, insisting that I didn't want my legs naked in public, while she insisted that I was a small child and it didn't matter *too* much...........plus I was getting in the car, so not many people would see. :o I was embarrassed anyway, and ran into the car as fast as I could after having my mom put the dirty dress in a plastic bag. I whined the rest of the way home, about how *gross* I felt. I remember getting home, and running into the shower, washing up, and then dressing into a nice, clean pair of pants and a shirt. Felt so nice to be *clean* and clothed again. :o

CathyBogart
02-09-2004, 02:27 AM
Mine's not all that great...I dove into a pool in a two-piece suit, and came up with the top piece around my waist! :eek: