PDA

View Full Version : We Did It!

K & L
02-07-2004, 07:17 AM
We broke down and bought an electric litter box for just inside (not for all the ones we have in the garage) and really like it! We have no odor now, it's always clean (which the cats love), and fairly easy to work. We've ran into a few glitches, one being if you put too much litter in it, it will keep trying to empty, and if the litter gets shifted too much in one area it has a problem emptying. Other than that it's wonderful! I think we'll keep it!:D

sirrahbed
02-07-2004, 10:07 AM
My son and DIL also purchased one and love it!! (She is expecting) and they report the same slight glitches that you do. I have been over there and notice it always smells and looks perfectly clean! Their brand has the word "maid" in it but can't remeber exactly - it combs the litter into a sealed container and works on an electric eye so as never to work if a kitty is in the box!!:eek: It sounded a little pricey, but I would LOVE to have one!!

kimlovescats
02-07-2004, 10:15 AM
I've often wondered about those too....what brand did you get, Lisa?

rpcathouse
02-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I have seen and heard a lot about those boxes. They are great for a normal size cat. And house holds that have one or two cats. But my guys pee boulders. Maine Coons are not a good breed to use them for or any cat that loves to drink water. It is not good for new kittens because it can cause death to the kitten who loves to play in the litter boxes and get stuck behind the rake. So, I will stick to the old fashion scoop it yourself. At times I do wish my guys could use a litter mate box. Also, they are just to big to fit in them. Such is life.

Stella

Jaxon on the Judges table to see how big he is and he is not the largest I have!:)

RedHedd
02-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by rpcathouse
But my guys pee boulders. Maine Coons are not a good breed to use them for or any cat that loves to drink water. ... Also, they are just to big to fit in them.
Jaxon on the Judges table to see how big he is and he is not the largest I have!:)
Mishi does too :rolleyes: Jaxon is one big hunka cat! I love the big'uns! :D

rpcathouse
02-07-2004, 12:34 PM
My son calls the litter boxes here "Boulder holders" wonder where he got that saying from????

Stella

This is Jaxon as a kitten just about 6 weeks old. And to think no onw wanted this kitten.

rg_girlca
02-07-2004, 01:07 PM
I've also heard good and bad things about the electric litter boxes. I think i'll stick with the good old fashion ones.

My God Stella, how could someone NOT want that sweet adorable Jaxon and look how gorgeous he turned out to be.
He is one big handsome boy.

CatDad
02-07-2004, 01:23 PM
I am glad to hear that the litter box is working well.:)

I have also heard that you do not want to use them kittens, but full grown is fine.

I have not used one, not because they are bad but I have the same problem as Stella. Bob produces quite the clump when he pees. Plus the way that Joey uses the litter box.

I hope it continues to work well for you.

K & L
02-07-2004, 06:53 PM
The brand is Littermaid Mega (for multiple cat households). It does state to not use for cats under a certain age, which ours are all past that.

It is good for one box that we keep inside, but I wouldn't want anymore than that. It has helped curb the odor tremendously!