PDA

View Full Version : Did we find her?

Moose
02-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Ahhh...this is awful. Josh and I can't stop thinking about that sweet girl at the shelter [go to this thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43258) for more about her] and are nearly at the point of getting in the car and picking her up. :p:p

We are so tempted to just fill out her adoption application...both of us just fell in love. We just don't know if it would be good to adopt her, bring her home, let her get in settled in, and then move in 4-6 months and make her get settled all over again.

Ay...any thoughts on this?? Are we acting too quickly?? :confused:

aly
02-06-2004, 04:36 PM
What about your landlord? Sorry if I'm remembering wrong, but didn't he say you couldn't have big dogs there anymore? Is Moosey back with you yet?

Moose
02-06-2004, 04:39 PM
No, I actually moved out a couple months ago and I am living at Josh's place. :) Moosey is back and happy. :D

Tweety_Pie
02-06-2004, 04:43 PM
knowing me, I would adopt her right away :P

But, talk it over with Josh. Maybe it would be better for her and Moose to meet now, so when you move she won't be as uncomfortable?

Moose
02-06-2004, 04:45 PM
We were planning on going to see her again tomorrow, and were going to ask if we could bring Moose with us to meet her.

My Peanuts
02-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Well what are you waiting for! Go get her! You both love her, as far as I'm concerned it's a done deal. :D :D

aly
02-06-2004, 04:50 PM
Ahh, cool.

Well, it will definately be stressful for the dog to be adopted and then move shortly after. But giving the dog a home is more important. So if you can work through the stress, I'd say go for it.

Moose will actually have more stress than the dog with all the change he's had recently and will have in the future. The good thing is he's a lab and is probably happy as a clam wherever he is and whoever he's with.

K9soul
02-06-2004, 05:03 PM
I would say go for it. You and Josh both seem to feel she's "the one," and though it might be a somewhat stressful for her on the move depending on her personality, I think it is something that could be overcome. If she and Moose seem to hit it off well, I'd say it sounds like you should snatch her up :)

Moose
02-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Ahhh, I really hope everything goes well tomorrow...we really want this to happen! :eek:

Amber
02-06-2004, 06:24 PM
I wish you and Josh the best of luck! :D I hope it works out great!

Moose
02-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks Amber! :)

clara4457
02-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I think it is going to depend on the meeting with Moose. If they have a connection - and are going to be great friends, it will not be too stressful to move after about 4 months. If it doesn't go well and the relationship is going to need some work to get them acclimated, then it might be too stressful on both of them.

I think you are going to have to go with your instincts. I always think that a dog chooses us and you will know if it is right for the entire family.

Good Luck :)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I say go for it! :D It seems as though you really think she's the one, so don't hold back! ;) Good Luck Ekoorb!

DogLover9501
02-06-2004, 06:41 PM
I agree :) Go for it! Besides if you don't, imagine all the regret ;)

wolfsoul
02-06-2004, 06:48 PM
I say go for it! 4-6 months is a pretty long time, so a move probably wouldn't be too stressful. :) Good luck! I can't wait to hear if you get her!

micki76
02-06-2004, 06:52 PM
She needs you, you both want her. Get her, she'll be fine. By then she'll know who her Mommy & Daddy are and she'll be ok as long as she knows you're moving with her. :)

Moose
02-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the reassurance everyone! :)

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes!!