PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

PJ's Mom
02-06-2004, 02:44 PM
*sigh*

Every year, for Christmas, my birthday and Valentine's Day, I ask hubby for a male rottie puppy with a little red bow around his neck.

This has been going on for about 3 years now, and I still don't have one!!! :eek: :(

I'm thinking that this year, I'll probably get another box of chocolates, or a cake. Which is all fine and good...I love cake and have the butt to show for it. ( :D ) but is there anything wrong with getting a puppy and a cake or candy? I mean geez...what better excuse to get something with a red bow on it. Right? :D

Ok, sorry. :D

What, if anything, do you think you'll get for Valentine's Day? :)

EDIT: This post is anna's fault. I wrote it after seeing the always adorable Angus in his Valentine bandana. :D

slick
02-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Nothing. I'm single.

ChrisH
02-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Like slick, nothing, zilch, nowt!!:D

Stenograsaurus
02-06-2004, 03:11 PM
What I will get this year will never top what I got last year for Valentine's Day. I got a darling daughter last year. :D

dukedogsmom
02-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Read the L.I.E. thread and you'll see where a lot of us stand on this. I'm single too so nothing.

primabella
02-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Ahh don't give up yet! My mom asked for a diamond heart necklace for the longest time and she finally got one a few years back. :) Keep trying, hehe ;)

As everyone else here, I won't be getting anything from a boyfriend. My parents usually get me chocolates though. :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2004, 03:42 PM
I think I am getting Jazzercise togs. I saw my husband was on the Jazzercise website the other evening and I can't imagine any other reason...:D :rolleyes: :D

I am getting him Lebanon baloney from Pennsylvania.

Hmmmm....which one of us is more romantic :D :D

PJ's Mom
02-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Peej already sent his girlfriend, Allie a valentine. :D

bluekat
02-06-2004, 04:20 PM
I doubt I'll be getting anything:( But I do wish someone would give me something;) lol...I'm probably just gonna get myself some candy:p

Nomilynn
02-06-2004, 08:13 PM
I'm gonna go shopping for candy the day AFTER Valentines :)

GoldenRetrLuver
02-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Nothing.
But it's all good. ;) We go shopping the day after Valentine's for candy...can you say sugar rush? :p

Why don't you sneak out and get hubby the Rottie Pup for Valentine's Day? :D

CathyBogart
02-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Alikkon keeps saying "whatever you want" is what I'll get on V-day....Hmm. I want to rent a movie, snuggle up and watch it, then go to brunch the next morning. That's what we're gonna do. :) He'll probably buy me something sweet too. ^.^ (Alikkon...if you're reading this...TRUFFLES!!!)

Rottieluver45
02-06-2004, 08:34 PM
LOL!! I hope we get a puppy this year!! :D

I think I might get candy from the old people(parents)!! :D J/K!!!Well I hope!! I`ll take it to school and people will ask me where I got it- or who I got it from- I`ll say my "boyfriend" gave it to me. :D

CathyBogart
02-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Edited 'cause I double-posted

PJ's Mom
02-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
I think I might get candy from the old people(parents)!! :D J/K!!!

There goes your candy, young person. :p

Well I hope!! I`ll take it to school and people will ask me where I got it- or who I got it from- I`ll say my "boyfriend" gave it to me. :D

I feel so...so...used! :eek: :D

Kfamr
02-06-2004, 09:35 PM
My mom will probably get me something, from the dogs or from her -- other than that I dunno! :p

G.P.girl
02-07-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm hoping my mom's boyfriend wil get me something...i think he will, bu tyou never know... at our school they are selling heart shaped lollipops to be delivered on friday and i'm going to get one of those...even if i have to buy it for myself:o lol i'm buying for my friends though. i wish i was getting a doggie for valentines day:(
p.s. Kay: I love your sig!

Uabassoon
02-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Corkscrew and Tibby will leave me "gifts" in their litter box :). I already got a valentine pacakge from my mom (she always sends my holiday packages early). I got some nice lotions, money, a new shirt and some valentine underwear from victoria's secret LOL!

RICHARD
02-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Valentine was a holy priest in Rome, who, with St. Marius and his family,
assisted the martyrs in the persecution under Claudius II. He was apprehended,
and sent by the emperor to the prefect of Rome, who, on finding all his promises
to make him renounce his faith in effectual, commended him to be beaten with
clubs, and afterwards, to be beheaded, which was executed on February 14.

---------------

Leave it to us to take a henious murder and turn it into a love fest....;)

NoahsMommy
02-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Richard!!! You're SUCH a BRAT!!!!!!!!!!

David and I get each other underwear. I always get him cute Valentine boxers from The Gap or Banana Republic and he gets me cute undies from Victoria Secret.

I need lots of new undies because some wierd creep is stealing women's undies from our laundry room. ALL of my white undies are gone. :( :( :( :( :(

Lixx
02-07-2004, 03:11 PM
ewwww, stealing underware! Yuck! Anyways, I have no clue what I'm getting this year, Hoping for a car LOL:D

Cookiebaker
02-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I need lots of new undies because some wierd creep is stealing women's undies from our laundry room. ALL of my white undies are gone. :( :( :( :( :(

:eek: This would *totally* weird me out! :eek: Poor You! :(

I just got my Valentines Day gift today! ;) Last night, Mark kidnapped me, and took me to a cozy restaurant; we stayed at this cozy B&B; and then today we went SNOWMOBILING up in northern VT, and now we are home. Wheee! what fun!!!

RICHARD
02-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Richard!!! You're SUCH a BRAT!!!!!!!!!!

You can punch me in July.:cool:

Here's a way to keep you underwear....

Find an old pair and write on them-

"smile, you are being filmed...."

tomkatzid
02-09-2004, 01:15 PM
For us, we get another trip to Central Oregon. Just 7 or so hours of driving with the 3 wild ones. Across the snow covered pass, but in a rental SUV this time. We have a 4x4, but had problems on the way home at Christmas, so decided to rent from now on.

Still having my parents is my gift .
Katz

PJ's Mom
02-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Here's a way to keep you underwear....

Find an old pair and write on them-

"smile, you are being filmed...."

LOL :D

PJ's Mom
02-09-2004, 01:41 PM
I am getting one of those spiffy new picture cell phones for Valentine's Day. :D

moosmom
02-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Zilch, Nada, Bupkus...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! I'm also single so unless my cats surprize me, it'll be the same thing as last year...

cloverfdx
02-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Being single i will get zilch :( not that i realy care *Sounds convincing*

binka_nugget
02-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Most likely, I'll end up getting nothing. A few friends and I are going out for all you can eat sushi on friday the 13th. We're going to celebrate our single-ness (er..okay so I probably just made up a word), stuff ourselves so that no man will ever find us attractive (hehehe) and spoil ourselves by shopping after.

wolf_Q
02-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Nothing. Maybe my parents will buy some little thing, I'm not sure.

I think I'll end up going Gift Swap shopping and maybe to the dog park on Valentines day.

CountryWolf07
02-10-2004, 12:33 AM
N-o-t-h-i-n-g.

anna_66
02-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

EDIT: This post is anna's fault. I wrote it after seeing the always adorable Angus in his Valentine bandana. :D

I'm sorry:o
Angus isn't a puppy anymore, but if you want I can send him over to spend Valentines Day with you:D
Would that help any?:D

carole
02-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Well valentines day is relatively new in NZ, probably been celebrated here for five years or so, I thought it was only meant to be for boyfriends/girlfriends and husbands/wifes, but I see in US parents buy their children gifts, phew glad that ain't the case here yet.

I would like a card and to spend time with hubby, maybe take in a movie or something, the day before the 13th we are going to our favourite restaurant VALENTINES as my uncle and Aunt are here from Scotland visiting, so that will be great, and my daughter is going to be away at a slumber party, so we will have time alone for a change, so thats all I want really.:)

PJ's Mom
02-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Would that help any?:D

That would be lovely, thanks. :D That way, hubby would fall in love with him and break his neck trying to get me a puppy just like him. :p

LauralG
02-10-2004, 08:15 PM
I will get nothing even I have a boyfriend he is working that day I'm hoping and praying for a phone call I just posted a Valtines day poem on here in General and art work to go with it. Its under A Poem but called Valentines Day is Near

Thankyou Willie for the sig and navagator to i just love it.:)

Foam
02-10-2004, 08:42 PM
My friends usually get me some stuff and I have a *few* boys who might be getting me a lil something. ;):)
I am giving 12 people each one red rose. :)

RICHARD
02-11-2004, 11:53 AM
I DO have plans....

I'll make a lunch on friday night, get my clothes ready and go to sleep early.

I am going to wake up, have breakfast, get into my truck and spend a romantic day amongst the Beautiful California Redwoods.

I'll be outdoors, in the sunshine and fresh air, out there with Mother Nature doing the things I love the best!!!!

I'll be putting up a redwood fence to earn some extra cash.

:rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
02-11-2004, 12:05 PM
To make the day even better, I'll be working :( Enjoy your weekend off, everyone.

PJ's Mom
02-11-2004, 12:34 PM

I'll be putting up a redwood fence to earn some extra cash.

:rolleyes:

Ok, you had me going there for a minute. :D

catland
02-11-2004, 12:44 PM
We usually don't make a big deal out of Valentine's day. Just a card, maybe some candy (but I hope not this year since I'm trying to lose weight.:eek: ) I don't think we'll bother with a restaurant... Valentines Day+Saturday Night=2+ hour wait at Outback.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Ok, you had me going there for a minute. :D

Just a minute???
;)

mugsy
02-11-2004, 02:08 PM
My gift will be time with my family and friends. I don't care if I get anything as long as I have my loved ones around me....sorry, I don't buy into, nor have I ever bought into, the L.I.E. thing....

tikeyas_mom
02-11-2004, 03:10 PM
my parents usually get me and my brothers somthing for v day...

RICHARD
02-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Hardliners Plan Valentine's Day Protests
11/02/2004 07:52 AM
Reuters

Hardline Hindu groups have threatened to blacken the faces of couples celebrating Valentine's Day, saying the Christian saint's day is a violation of Indian culture.

Valentine's Day, which falls on Saturday, has steadily gained popularity in India in recent years, but Hindu hardliners, incensed by what they see as creeping westernisation, have often disrupted celebrations and stormed shops that sell greeting-cards in protest.

"The heads of those not adhering to our requests would be shaved. Their faces may also be blackened," said Dilip Khandelwal, a leader of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) group in the central state of Madhya Pradesh.

"We will not allow any such foreign festival, which is a violation of Indian culture, to be celebrated in our land."

Police said they would tighten security for the day, which has been marked by violence in some parts of India in the past.

"We will maintain a strict vigil and also keep an eye on those found teasing in the name of Valentine's Day," said Vipin Maheshwari, a police superintendent in Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh.

Two years ago, Bal Thackeray, firebrand leader of the ultra nationalist Shiv Sena, called for a ban of the celebrations on February 14.

Hardline Hindus from the Shiv Sena, the VHP, and an allied group, the Bajrang Dal, who say the celebration offends Indian social values, have invaded gift shops, burned cards and disrupted celebrations in many parts of India in the past.

But people in cities such as New Delhi and Bombay are unfazed.

Shop windows are decorated with heart-shaped balloons, cards, gifts and paper roses in the run up to Valentine's Day, while advertisements fill radio and newspapers.

PJ's Mom
02-12-2004, 01:55 PM
*sigh*

I can feel the love. Can you? :rolleyes:

:D

RICHARD
02-12-2004, 01:59 PM

"We will maintain a strict vigil and also keep an eye on those found teasing in the name of Valentine's Day," said Vipin Maheshwari, a police superintendent in Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh.

I don't blame him, I hate to be teased on Valentine's day......

;)

Logan
02-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
:eek: This would *totally* weird me out! :eek: Poor You! :(

I just got my Valentines Day gift today! ;) Last night, Mark kidnapped me, and took me to a cozy restaurant; we stayed at this cozy B&B; and then today we went SNOWMOBILING up in northern VT, and now we are home. Wheee! what fun!!!

What a nice surprise for you, Anna!!!! :) I know you had a wonderful time!!!!

Logan
02-12-2004, 02:45 PM
I happen to like Valentine's Day. I always have, even when I was a single mom for 10 years, with no one to celebrate the day with. I have always made a big deal out of sending cards to people I love. Plus, my dad does a very special thing of sending a Valentine's package to my sister and me every single year, wherever we are. I am 41 years old and he hasn't failed me yet.

For all of you who don't have the special "someone" to celebrate with on Valentine's Day, find your own special reason for doing something for someone. That's the most important thing, anyway!!

Love you all and wish you all the BEST of everything on Valentine's Day, and every single day.

Logan

Aspen and Misty
02-12-2004, 03:08 PM
I have plans for V-day. I am getting up and makeing some nummy treats. Then Me and Noma (just me and her) are going to this HUGE field a couple of blocks from here. We are going to play fetch and then eat our treats and then come home. I bought both dogs a lil toy for V-day also. But, my real valentineS this v-day are Jaxom and Julian. Hee hee! My only boy animals. ::sigh::

Ashley :D

PJ's Mom
02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
I have plans for V-day. I am getting up and makeing some nummy treats. Then Me and Noma (just me and her) are going to this HUGE field a couple of blocks from here. We are going to play fetch and then eat our treats and then come home.

Good for you, Ash. I can't think of a better way to spend the day. :)

slleipnir
02-12-2004, 04:08 PM
To be honest, V-day is just another day for me. I couldn't tell you what day it was on ;) So it's safe to say I don't get excited or let down about it ;)

RICHARD
02-12-2004, 04:22 PM
I am going out to shave my head and blacken my face!!!:eek:

PJ's Mom
02-13-2004, 10:06 AM
I am going out to shave my head and blacken my face!!!:eek:

Will you post pictures of that, please? :D