PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's TV

catnapper
02-06-2004, 10:13 AM
I just saw an ad for A&E and they are going to have a special on cats tongiht. Its starts at 8:00 Eastern. Seems interesting, so those of you who haven't got plans....

Guess where I'll be with a fmaily rolling their eyes at me?

catcrazylady
02-06-2004, 10:22 AM
That sounds neat!! What kind of show is it? Is it just general info or cat shows, something like that? I mean, it isn't showing anything sad or cruel right?

catnapper
02-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
That sounds neat!! What kind of show is it? Is it just general info or cat shows, something like that? I mean, it isn't showing anything sad or cruel right?

It looks like a show talking about how wonderful cats are and how dedicated their owners are, etc. I think they'll talk about their mystique and their history too. Looks like a documentary type show honoring them.

Steffi N
02-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Here is a description from the aetv.com website:

They say that dogs are man's best friends, but statistics show that cats are America's favorite pets. This affectionate 2-hour special will have viewers purring as we take a look at domestic cats in an historical as well as cultural and sociological light. Looks at breeds, behavior, the business of cats, feline superstitions, and cats' place in pop culture. Features an interview with Eartha Kitt, Catwoman in the "Batman" TV series. It's everything you always wanted to know about cats--and then some!

Sounds like something felines and their humans should enjoy.

catcrazylady
02-06-2004, 10:41 AM
YEA!!! It sounds like a neat show. I will be watching tonight too.
Thanks for sharing that as I might have overlooked it!

Felicia's Mom
02-06-2004, 11:17 AM
It sounds interesting.:) I like to see the different breeds.

slick
02-06-2004, 12:00 PM
8 E time is 5 my time and I'll still be at work, darn. Hope it will be repeated.

Steffi N
02-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Showtimes are
8 to 10 PM Eastern AND Pacific Time (Good for you Slick)

7 to 9 Central

late repeats 2 hours later

6 to 8 Mountain (repeat 10 to 12)

CatDad
02-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Slick if you have the same Show times in BC as we do then it is not on until 8. Of course it looks like I was beaten to the answer by Steffi.:D

Just in case you are wondering, I went out and got A&E's little blurb on it:
-------------------------------
They say that dogs are man's best friends, but statistics show that cats are America's favorite pets. This affectionate 2-hour special will have viewers purring as we take a look at domestic cats in an historical as well as cultural and sociological light. Looks at breeds, behavior, the business of cats, feline superstitions, and cats' place in pop culture. Features an interview with Eartha Kitt, Catwoman in the "Batman" TV series. It's everything you always wanted to know about cats--and then some! TV G
----------------------------------------

Should have some good things, I will probably watch it.

Thanks for letting us know about it.:)

slick
02-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by CatDad
Slick if you have the same Show times in BC as we do then it is not on until 8. Of course it looks like I was beaten to the answer by Steffi.:D
Yup you and I are in the same time zone and probably live about 4 hours away from each other. Thanks for the info. I'll make I'm home by then.

smokey the elder
02-07-2004, 08:01 AM
I saw it-it was good. They had a reminder on how it's best to keep cats indoors, have them regulary vet checked, and ALTERED.

catnapper
02-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
I saw it-it was good. They had a reminder on how it's best to keep cats indoors, have them regulary vet checked, and ALTERED.

It was well presented and did offer a lot of good tips and cat facts.... I now know who Bastet was! He was a god!!! Lucky boy!

The fact that they mentioned that most cat owners do not reguarly take their cats to the vet was great. They talked about how cats get colds, viruses and diseases like humans but tend to hide their illness so that other animals don't make them prey.

halliecat
02-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder

I agree wth smokey and catnapper...the cat next door does not have any shots and is NOT altered (no money). One of many reasons Hallie stays in....

slick
02-07-2004, 10:19 AM
I thought it was really good too but was surprised to hear them say that neutering could be performed on kitties as young as 6 weeks. :eek:

jazzcat
02-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by slick
I thought it was really good too but was surprised to hear them say that neutering could be performed on kitties as young as 6 weeks. :eek:

When I adopted Jazz she was a kitten and the rescue group's policy at that time was to S/N all kittens of 8 weeks or older so she was spayed when she came in at 10 weeks old. They've now changed that policy to 5 months of age.

Edwina's Secretary
02-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the tip! It was great. I'm going to try and train Eddie now.....:) ;) :)

catnapper
02-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Thanks for the tip! It was great. I'm going to try and train Eddie now.....:) ;) :)

Good luck... it seems as if Edwina has YOU trained! After all, how else would she have come across all of her great fashions?

I was also thinking of how to train my guys. All that would come of it would be Pouncer figuring out one more way to get treats. He really is a smart cat and this would only serve his purposes!

rg_girlca
02-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I saw it last night and it was really great. I couldn't get over some of those cat hotels, they were awesome and the tricks that you can teach your kitty gives me some ideas.:D
There was some great information on health issues and of course watching the kittens play was my all time favorite part.
Also the best part, was that it was on for 2 hours.

CatDad
02-07-2004, 01:00 PM
I really enjoyed it. I thought they did a really good job. I was suprised at some of the facts that they told, like the S/N as young as 6 weeks.:eek:

Bob watched it with me, I was suprised about that. About a 1/2 an hour after the show started he came down sat next to me and looked at the TV. He then laid down so he could see the TV and stayed there until the show was over. I think he heard the sounds of the cats and wanted make sure that I was not bringing in another.:D

Anyway, thanks for letting us know that the show was on.:)

Good luck with training Eddie.:D

krazyaboutkatz
02-07-2004, 10:09 PM
I watched it and thought it was very good. My RB Pepper was neutered at only 8 weeks old and I thought that was very young. All 4 of my cats slept through the entire show.:)

Don Juan's mom
02-08-2004, 02:21 AM
I had to give Don Juan my PERSONAL word of honor that I would never buy any of those costumes for him! ESPECIALLY not the gold sequinned one. That "litter containment system" is pretty tempting, though. ;)

One of my brother's four cats is a "genetic mutant" (six toes on each front paw). Wonder if she's descended from Hemingway's kitty.

Thought the segments on training cats :cool: was fascinating. Wonder if I can train mine to sign for packages and answer the phone. :D

Liz

lizbud
02-08-2004, 10:18 AM
I watched the show on cats and thought it was very good.:)
I too liked the fact that it was two hours long & really covered
a lot facts about the history & personality of cats.

My kitties heard the meows, I'm sure, but there was no reaction
to the film. My dog Smokey was VERY interested & loved the
part where they showed the kittens playing.:D He stood stark
still And then actually went up to sniff the screen.:D

So Smokey & I watched the whole show.:D

catnapper
02-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
He stood stark
still And then actually went up to sniff the screen.:D

So Smokey & I watched the whole show.:D

Good Smokey!:D

None of my critters cared one bit about the show. Nicki slept on the bed & Pouncer was adoring the belly rubs he was getting throughout the show. Allen was just happy nobody was sitting in his chair, so he too slept through the show.