PDA

View Full Version : I have started a new business

sasvermont
02-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Over the Christmas holidays I found myself knitting mittens - by the dozens, for friends and co-workers. Everyone just loved them. So....over the past few weeks, I have been knitting more and interneting less. I have been to an accountant and lawyer and have started the documentation to begin a business.

I am using the photo of Graemer and Gabe on my tag for each set of mittens.

Just thought you guys might like to know why I haven't been posting much lately.

My aim is to have this going full tilt by next fall. I don't see this getting bigger than what we call a "cottage industry".

Sallyanne
"Just Mitten, LLC"

Pam
02-06-2004, 08:58 AM
I guess they are human mittens! hahaha! Not like the nursery rhyme that goes.....'three little kittens have lost their mittens'.... I know, I have a weird sense of humor. :p Can't wait to see some pictures!

My aunt is a knitter/crocheter (sp?) and I am always amazed at what she is able to do. Can't wait to hear more about your new business! :)

Christiansmommy
02-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Neato!! I can't wait to see some pics of them!

If you need help setting up a website to advertise them on...Rob would probably be able to help with that...he is good at making up website stuff...

Anyway, congrats...i am so honored to think that who was once my litte Gabe...became so close to your heart to put his pic along side sweet Graemers on the tag...thanks...that is special to me...and i am sure it means the world to you to see them on the tags...great idea ;)

Good luck with everything.

Robyn

wolfsoul
02-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Awesome! :D It's great to see another entrepreneur on the board! I'm starting my own rat food business. :) It's not ready yet though, I'm still writing up a business plan and I still need to find someone who can make labels for me for cheap. I've been thinking about asking Amy if I can't find anywhere near here.

Anyways, I hope everything works out for you!

Freckles
02-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Will you be using homemade angorra yarn?:)

Pam
02-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Will you be using homemade angorra yarn?:)

:p :D

sasvermont
02-11-2004, 05:48 AM
Well, things are rolling right along. I need some major league help with the website, mostly because I don't use a DSL line at home and it takes forever to upload new information.

If anyone wants to do the website for me, I will pay them! Of course, a deal would have to be struck. Just PM me if you are interested. I would like it to be a simple/one page site and then expand it later.

here ya go.....in it's infant stage (http://www.justmittens.com/pages/1/index.htm)

Cinder & Smoke
02-11-2004, 11:23 AM
W:DW!

NICE start on the Web Site!!!!

Good Luck on your New Adventure.
(Happie Knitting) ;)

Barbara
02-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Next winter I want some home made Vermont mittens!!!!!!

Very curious for price list and designs:) :) :)

Corinna
02-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Good luck. I hope you do well. I have tams that I make if you ever expaned . Also make sure you link to the knitting places the bigesst one www.allaboutknitting.com (i think haven't been there in a while)
Ps I got the big spinning job I wanted(???why) guy tans buffalo hides shears them and I spin the wool of course I have to pull the hair out.

Nomilynn
02-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Well, things are rolling right along. I need some major league help with the website, mostly because I don't use a DSL line at home and it takes forever to upload new information.

If anyone wants to do the website for me, I will pay them! Of course, a deal would have to be struck. Just PM me if you are interested. I would like it to be a simple/one page site and then expand it later.

here ya go.....in it's infant stage (http://www.justmittens.com/pages/1/index.htm)

Oh SAS it's gorgeous. Every time I see that picture I start to cry.. I wish you much success!

sasvermont
02-15-2004, 09:28 AM
I am knitting up a storm, but haven't been able to corner the teenager to re-do the web site. I have tried editing and hey, I just don't have the experience and would rather read a manual than view the instruction on line. I guess the age gap is showing.

Anyway, I had planned to get this in full gear in the fall, and that is still my plan. If I can get my act together, I should be able to take photos of some of my mittens! I will put that on my list of things to do!

Thanks for your encouraging words.

Knitting is relaxing to me. Well, with three cats chasing the balls of yarns all around the house, there are times when yelling and knitting is mutual.

:rolleyes: :eek: :D

Vermontcat
02-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Sas, I feel special since you gave a pair of your mittens to my daughter when we visited Camp Vermont last month.:)
She brings them to school every day. For anyone who is interested in buying some mittens I would say buy them from Sas, they are great!
I think its great that you are making a business out of it Sas!:)

You should PM Kimlovescats or BariD about helping you with your website because they both have done great jobs with their websites.