PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm Rachel and I'm new here.

wolfie
02-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi! My name's Rachel, I'm 19, and I love animals, so I thought I'd join the board!

I have a mixed-breed dog named Daphne who's 5. She's my best friend! We rescued her from the pound on the day she was supposed to be euthanized - and I'm sure glad we did! We think that Daphne has 9 lives, she's been through so much! When she was 3 she found a rotten deer leg in the woods and got so sick she couldn't walk. Then the next year she got lyme disease. And then the following year she got a torn ligament in her knee and had surgery. And then a few weeks ago she was hit by a car! :( Poor girl, she looks so beat up now - a broken tooth, a bent tail, a busted shoulder, and she's still got a bad knee. She must have a pretty large file at the vet clinic, lol. But she's the best, and I love her! ^_^ I showed her in 4-H for 3 years, until I got too old (4-H is only for kids). I'd like to start agility with her this summer.

I also have 2 guinea pigs - Lily and Amelia. They're the cutest little rodents. Lily is really friendly, but Amelia is more independent... But I love them both just the same. ^_^ Oh, and Lily was named after a character in the Harry Potter books, because I just love Harry Potter! In fact, I own a Harry Potter website! :D

...And since I currently am in a college dorm, and the only animals we're allowed are fish, of course I got two! Their names are Scooter and Kairi, and they live in a tank right next to my computer.

I'll have to put pics of my pets in my signature for you all to see them!
edit- pic is in my sig! :D

Well, that's about it. It seems very friendly here - see you all around the forums!

Miss Meow
02-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi Rachel, welcome to you and your pets!

Daphne sounds like a special dog :) I look forward to seeing pictures of your clan.

My name is Nicole and I have four cats and two dogs :)

amoore
02-05-2004, 09:19 PM
Rachel, welcome to Pet Talk! Glad to meet you! :)

Ann

slleipnir
02-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Welcome to PT :) Looking forward to seeing pictures of your furkids :)

I have 2 dogs (Josie and Zeke..who are in my sig) and 2 cats (Smitten and Kiba) :)

Uabassoon
02-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! It sounds like you have some wonderful pets! However I would recomment that you talk to a vet before training Daphne in agility, if she's torn a ligament in her knee she might not be able to do all the running and jumping.

I hope we get to see some pictures of your pets soon!

slick
02-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Rachel it's so nice that you have joined us. Welcome, but be forewarned....it's very very addictive :D :D

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your fur/fin family.

wolfie
02-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone! I didn't expect to get replys so quickly! You're all so nice here! ^_^

Uabassoon, she did have her knee replaced last year, but yeah, it would be a good idea to ask the vet - especially since the vet said that jumping is how she tore it in the first place.

And I just made a signature, I'll try to post it now. There's no pics of my fish, but fish are hard to photograph! Lets see if it works...

rg_girlca
02-05-2004, 10:00 PM
A warm welcome to PT Rachel.
I hope you like it here.
Boy your Daphne has really had some bad luck. I hope and pray that she has nothing but good luck from hereon in.
You can see my furbabies in my signature.

Uabassoon
02-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Hi Wolfie! Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I just know a lot of human friends that were active in sports and can't do it anymore due to knee injuries so I figured it must be the same for doggies.

I can't wait to see your signature! I bet your pets are super cute. I remember when I lived in the dorm I had two Betas, Sasha and Digweed (after to DJ's). Then later I snuck in a hamster, thankfully my RA thought he was so cute that she never turned me in. Actually she would come over everyday to play with him!

Uabassoon
02-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Oh I just saw your signature! It looks great! Daphne looks like she's smiling!

Amber
02-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Hi! And welcome to PT! Im Amber and I have a dog name Katie and a cat named Maggie.

wolfie
02-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Hi Uabassoon! I didn't think you were being rude at all! You're very nice! ^_^ I hadn't even though that she might not be able to do all the jumping and stuff with her replaced knee - we'll have to ask the vet!

I was thinking of sneaking my guinea pigs in! he he... But they might be a little to 'wheeky' for my roomate! lol

popcornbird
02-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! Your pets are so adorable! We have another Rachel here who is also 19.........*I think*, and her user name is CountryWolf...........a bit of a coincidence eh? He he.

I have two cockatiels, both of whom you can see in my signature.

You will love it here!

micki76
02-05-2004, 10:22 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/lmkbubblfsh.gif

Hi! Nice to have you here!

jenfer
02-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Welcome to PT. My name is Jen. I have a dachshund called Gigi. :D

wolf_Q
02-05-2004, 10:32 PM
Hello and welcome! Another "wolf" member. :D My name is Amy, I'm 19 also. I have 3 dogs: Smokey (poodle), Reggie (schnauzer) and Nebo (siberian husky). Nebo is the dog in my sig. I've also started agility classes with him. It's fun...when he behaves! ;)

CatDad
02-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Welcome to PT!!!!:D

My name is Bryan and I have two kitties Bob and Joey. You can see there faces at least in my sig file.

I am sure that you will like it here. Heed the warning, this place is really addictive.:D

Thanks for the storys.

Hopefully, you will be able to post pictures of your fur kids.

wolfie
02-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks everyone! All your doggies, kitties, and birdies are so cute! ^_^

trayi52
02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Hi Rachel, I want to welcome you to Pet Talk! I know you will like it here. I love your avatar and your sig. They both look great!

My name is Willie and you can see my pets in my sig. I hope to see more pictures of your pets very soon, as you can see we all love pictures here.
Like Bryan said Pet Talk is very addictive. Anyway Welcome!

Willie

carole
02-06-2004, 03:31 AM
Hi there Rachel, I am from New Zealand and have two cats Ash and Lexie, the ones in my sig below.

Just want to send you a very warm welcome, to a very warm and special place, you will love it here,there are many heart-warming and heart-wrenching stories, but you will learn lots and feel the love that surrounds you, there are some special people here, have fun, and share with us your experiences, your pets, and all about yourself,looking forward to reading more of your posts.:)

ChrisH
02-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Rachel!! :)

jenluckenbach
02-06-2004, 06:08 AM
Welcome. My group is in my signature. I also foster cats for a local rescue group.
You've picked a great place to join. You will love it here. :)

lovemyshiba
02-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Hi Rachel!!

Welcome to Pet Talk!!

Daphne is gorgeous!! I hope she is all healed up and ready to do agility:)

My name is Emily, and I have 4 dogs: Kito is a shiba inu, and he came from some people we met who showed them; Abbey is a beagle of some kind, we got her through our local beagle rescue; Riley is a black dog, lol, we thought he was a lab when he was a pup, but he's over a year now, and hasn't quite grown to lab size, I got him in the parking lot of the spca; and Jada is our rottie, we adopted her from the spca!!

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of your kids!!!!

You can see pictures of mine here:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43126

Tina
02-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Hello and Welcome to Pet Talk!!

I'm owned by 2 dogs- Ginger she is a Miniature Pinscher mix and our newest addition Josie she is a Boxer. You can see them both in my sig.

I'm also owned by 4 cats- Fuzzy Wuzzy,Little Kitty,Ozzie and Tigger, 3 goldfish, 1 guinea pig named Wiggy Pig, and 1 rabbit named Hershey.

luckies4me
02-06-2004, 12:33 PM
WELCOME!!!! :D

My name is Cassandra, or Cassie, or Cass as most call me. I am 24 and have one beautiful son named Dylan, aged 2.

I have a lot of pets, but unfortunately it's pretty much impossible to fit them all into my sig. ;)

I currently own:
20 fancy rats (I am a breeder)
2 spiney mice
1 house mouse
2 hedgehogs
1 goldfish
3 cats (actually a total of 8 but not all live here with me)
1 gecko
1 tortoise
3 hamsters
and 2 Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches :)

Cataholic
02-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi Rachel,
Welcome to PT! I live with eight furry things, 7 cats, and one doggie, all in my signature below. I think you will like it here. BUT I don't want it to interfere with your schooling...he he he..

primabella
02-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi Rachel, welcome to PT. :) I'm owned by two sqwacky birds named Rocket & Sky and one goofy Sheltie boy named Mickey. You can see them all in my signature. Hope to see more pictures soon, your pets are are so cute! :D

catnapper
02-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Welcome! Daphne looks like a real sweetheart and really does seem to have a gaurdian angel keeping her safe!

I have three pets - Nicki the dog, Allen the cat, & Pouncer the kitten. I have a large fishtank filled with Mollies and Tetras that fanscinate Pouncer to no end. None of my fish are named.. though Pouncer would like to call them dinner(I know, bad joke.)

Anyway, WELCOME!!!!

RubyMutt
02-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

My name is Lindsey, I'm 19 as well. I'm owned by Ruby - an Australian Cattle Dog mix (her photo is in my signature), Blinky - a hamster, and 6 fish :)

anna_66
02-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Hi Rachelhttp://stranglethecat.com/Uploads/Pub/wave2.gif it's nice to meet you.
My name is Anna & I have 3 dogs (all in my siggy).
I can't wait to hear more about your animals.

catlover4ever
02-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Rachel, welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Meg and I have 5 cats and you can see their pictures in my sig. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about Daphne, Lily and Amelia. Welcome again. --- Meg

My Peanuts
02-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Daphne.
My name is Diana and I'm 23 years old. I just graduated college in May and I have two dogs named Sylvia and Harley, three birds named Alex, Danny, and Pretty Boy, and Three fish named Lilo, Stitch, and Pleakly.
You will love this board! :D

wolfie
02-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks for your warm welcomes! ^_^

Originally posted by Cataholic
BUT I don't want it to interfere with your schooling...he he he..

lol, funny you said that - I was just on here, looking at all the cute pets and posting, and I suddenly realized that it was 2:53, and I had a bio test at 3:00! Good think I made it - but this board sure is dangerous! :D

ramanth
02-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your animals are lovely! :) I'm a Harry Potter fan too. J.K. Rowling best write some more about information about Lily in future books. :D

I'm owned by the three crazy pets pictured in my sig. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-06-2004, 04:02 PM
There are FOUR Rachels here...

-Rachel,
-PepperRSM,
-CountryWolf07 I think...
-And now you!

I'm Meg!

clara4457
02-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. You are definitely going to love it here. My name is Clara and I am loved by Leo a Rott/Chow mix from the SPCA, Penny Lane a Cattle Dog/Shepard mix from the Buffalo Animal Shelter, and Sam the cat who rules us all. :D

Daphne looks like such a sweetheart. You must miss having her around.

Kfamr
02-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey Rachel and welcome!

I love your furkids, especially Lily. She's a doll!

My name is Kay, or KayAnn and i'm owned by two spoiled, loved, adorable pups named Simba & Nala. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
02-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi Rachel! Welcome to Pet Talk! (Sorry, I just now saw this thread!):o I have a Black Lab, named Sadie, and a parakeet, named Izzie, and a bunch of fishies. And soon to be getting a Golden Retriever!!!!! I can't wait! Sadie is im my signature.