PDA

View Full Version : Oh man...it was just brutal...

Moose
02-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Well, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, Josh and I have spent the last two days visiting shelters we had contacted earlier. Let me tell you what, I can't handle that...I wanted to take everyone home with me. :( It took me forever to get to the few Dobies each shelter had...naturally, I had to stop in front of every cage. :p;)

Anyway, I loved all the dogs I met...but there were two that completely won me over. Josh wasn't quite as easy, but he eventually fell in love with them, too. :p

At the second shelter we went to yesterday, we met the sweetest 1-year old black and tan Dobie girl. The second we walked in front of her kennel, her whole body started wiggling and she just got the happiest look on her face. Ah, I was in love with her from there on out lol. We brought her out for a little while and played around in their "yard." She was just the cutest thing...so energetic, so happy, and so playful. Josh and I played with her for a little while, but she eventually settled down enough for us to sit with her for a little while. :p I think the moment she won Josh over was when he sat down in the grass, and she came right up, plopped down next to him, put a paw on his knee, and rested her head right in his lap. Oh man, it was so adorable!! I wish I had brought a camera....it would have been the cutest picture. We had the hardest time leaving her...we almost asked to fill out a application for her.

Today we went to another shelter and they had such a handsome 3-year old black and tan Dobie male. He wasn't quite as outgoing as the female we had met yesterday, but he was still just as sweet. He was also a lot more mellow...pretty much content to just sit next to us and chew on a toy. He did have his playful moments, but just was altogther much more "matured" than the female. I loved him just as much as the female at the other shelter, but it's going from one extreme to another...an energetic young "puppy" to a mature, mellowed adult.

My heart is so torn right now, and I honestly don't know if I can do this much more...it's so hard to pass up all those dogs in those kennels, especially after taking a couple out. I felt so awful bringing them out and then having to put them right back in there. :(:(

GoldenRetrLuver
02-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Brooke,
It's a sign you need to adopt both of them! :D I know how you feel...I can't stand leaving all of them there when we visit the shelter. It's heartbreaking. :(

Moose
02-05-2004, 09:09 PM
I know...that's what I told Josh. I think I said something like, "Well...it is hard to pick just one, and we are saving lives...." ;):p