PDA

View Full Version : Question

Aspen and Misty
02-05-2004, 04:32 PM
If Nova eats cat poo from a cat who has worms, will she have worms now? I'm not sure how these speskie lil thingys work, hee hee!

Ashley

Aspen and Misty
02-05-2004, 09:03 PM
**BUMP**

Anyone??? :(

lovemyshiba
02-05-2004, 10:19 PM
I think so, Ash, but I only know how Kito used to eat poop around our apartment complex, and he got worms twice (yucky boy). I'm not sure about the cat nuggets, but I would assume the same would happen there.
I would take a sample in to your vet just to be sure--that way you can catch it right away if she does.

I hope Nova doesn't have worms though--give her a big kiss from me though!!!!!!
:)

micki76
02-05-2004, 10:26 PM
I think it's quite likely. I'd take Emily's advice and take a sample (ew :p ) to your vet and see. Our vet has actually put ours on a worm pill without doing a fecal first, when we knew they were exposed and likely to have them.

Corinna
02-06-2004, 12:04 AM
You most likly now have worms. I do an 6 month kitty and dog worming program just be couse the stupid neighbor hood allows there dogs and cats to run loose . Mine are in a fenced yard and they just love to come here and Lady is so darn freindly she has to kiss every body.

aly
02-06-2004, 11:32 AM
It depends on what kind of worms they are. Do you know what kind the cat has?

If it is tapeworm, then she can't catch it by eating the poop because the tape worm segments in the poop are dead. She can only get tapeworm by eating an infested flea.