PDA

View Full Version : The new Quiznos commercial

wolf_Q
02-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Can I just say ...What the %$*#??

Isn't this the same place that had people angered last year with the dead bird commercial?

primabella
02-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Why the hell would I want to eat at a place being promoted by...those things?!? :confused:

How ugly was that commercial, really?

G.P.girl
02-05-2004, 04:47 PM
OMG I Love those guys!!! they are so funny!

lizbud
02-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I first noticed this commercial the other night.:eek: Those
comic creatures are sooooo ugly. EWWWWW.:eek: Ruined my
appetite. Yuck......

wolf_Q
02-05-2004, 05:15 PM
I may have found it amusing if it was on the internet and nothing to do with food.

But watching it on TV trying to sell food....just isn't working for me.

Corinna
02-05-2004, 05:16 PM
So one want to share as I haven't seen the ad.

dukedogsmom
02-05-2004, 05:19 PM
I haven't either. Have no clue what you're talking about

Uabassoon
02-05-2004, 05:22 PM
That commercial really creeps me out.

wolf_Q
02-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Here's a pic of the "creatures"

I think you can watch it at www.quiznos.com also

micki76
02-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
That commercial really creeps me out.

Ewwwwww!!! Me too!!! Yuck!! Who would want to eat Quiznos right after seeing that!?

We saw it the other night and I said I wondered what idiot approved that commercial, and hubby said the guy that's now fired!

Uabassoon
02-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Aggghhhh! It's on right now!

G.P.girl
02-05-2004, 06:15 PM
I can't believe you don't like them! i think they are so cute!!! and funny! haha they are alittle creepy, but they areso funny it makes up for it:D

Uabassoon
02-05-2004, 06:19 PM
I think I might find them more amusing if they weren't advertising food. I'd be scared I might find one of them in my sandwich!

wolf_Q
02-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I think I might find them more amusing if they weren't advertising food. I'd be scared I might find one of them in my sandwich!

Yep, my thoughts exactly!

andrea_NMAggie
02-05-2004, 06:40 PM
I still haven't figured out what they are...

popcornbird
02-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by andrea_NMAggie
I still haven't figured out what they are...

Same here. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
I haven't seen the commerical. I love Quiznos, but those guys are just creepy looking. :eek: They look like hands, with faces on them...but deformed. :p

RubyMutt
02-05-2004, 07:56 PM
I never saw them until I looked at the link that Amy posted. Weeeird... :confused:

A little odd that those things are promoting things that you eat. Eeww :p

However, I LOVE the recent promotion that Quiznos is doing! (you can use a coupon for ANYTHING/ANYWHERE and get a $1 off a sub :D)

Uabassoon
02-05-2004, 07:59 PM
When I first saw them in the commercial I thought they were supposed to be some kind of mutant rodent. But now the more times I see the commerical, the stranger they look and I have no clue what it's supposed to be.

G.P.girl
02-05-2004, 08:02 PM
They look like some kind of Gerbil/hamster/mouse/cowboy/pirate/giuneapig/clattery-chattery teeth/plasic eyeballs;)

guster girl
02-05-2004, 08:06 PM
This is so ironic that you guys would be talking about this commercial today! My brother and I were running errands this afternoon and he asked me if I had seen it. He was describing it and mentioned something about them looking like dwarf hamsters (which I have one of), but, also with hands over them. Or something like that. Those photos in that attatchment are gross. I want to see the commercial, though, to see if I think it's funny. And, honestly, regardless of how bad the commercials are, I'd still prefer toasted subs over non-toasted subs any day! Just like I love Jack in the Box commercials, but, will rarely eat there. I do love Chic-Fil-A's marketing technique with the cows, and, it's one of my favorite fast food restaurants. Gotta love sweet ice tea by the gallon! WOO HOO.....

Nomilynn
02-05-2004, 08:19 PM
check out www.rathergood.com and watch some of the videos there. (btw, there is some swearing on the site). As soon as I saw that Quiznos commercial, I knew it had to have come from this website.

Take a look at the "Spongmonkeys".. and there you have creepy Quizno's thingies :p

This website has some really gross and creepy stuff on it, so be warned. I think it's yet another reason why I should keep on boycotting Quiznos. Their dead bird commercial was enough, but supporting this website just takes the cake :rolleyes:

Kfamr
02-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I haven't seen the commercial on TV (Geez, I miss so much while NOT watching TV!)
They have an odd, stupid way of advertising.. but their "original" is sooooo yummy.

Originally posted by guster girl
I do love Chic-Fil-A's marketing technique with the cows, and, it's one of my favorite fast food restaurants. Gotta love sweet ice tea by the gallon! WOO HOO.....

Hehe, Isn't Chick-Fil-A the best? My mom works there, as well as many members of my family lol. I could get a job these right this moment if I wanted.

I looooooooove their fries.:D

I love the cows too, but the mispellings bother the heck out of me. :p

guster girl
02-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Grammar is a big deal for me, but, for some reason, I've never been bothered by the cows. It's always just made me smile, and, trust me, I'm terribly anal about misspelling myself. I still do say things incorrectly and misspell, but, I'm always trying to correct myself and/or learn. Anyway, every person I've known that has worked at Chic-Fil-A has said that they treat their employees really well. I should have gotten a job there. I'd make a great manager!

Corinna
02-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Thanks I think? What ever they are they need dental work!!! Never had any thing there guess I'm too loyal to my old boss at Subway I was manager for a couple of years.

ramanth
02-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Those things ARE creepy and I agree... they might be cute if there were advertising for something other than food.

To answer your question Amy, yes, Quiznos is the place that had the dead bird in their Super Bowl commercial last year.

They also had a commercial with wolves involved. Did you ever see that one?

I haven't seen this new commercial for them yet, and I hope I don't. LOL!

Oh... and when I go to Atlanta for Dragon*Con...I love going to Chik-Fil-A! Wish we had that chain up here.

G.P.girl
02-06-2004, 09:03 AM
I think Subway was the one with wolves in thier commercial.

lovemyshiba
02-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Those little things are gross!! I saw the commercial the other day, and it grossed me out!! I am afraid I might find them in my food if I ate there.
We had a Quizno's here for about a year--it went out of business. We have too many privately owned wonderful sandwich shops--those places cannot even touch the food at these places. And Subway--YUCK!!!!!!

moosmom
02-06-2004, 11:41 AM
What exactly WERE those things anyway??? I think the commercial is really stupid. Besides, I think Quiznos is expensive for what they give you. At least it is here in Michigan.

PJ's Mom
02-06-2004, 01:15 PM
I hate the commercials and I refuse to watch them. Unfortunately, they seem to be aired entirely too often. :rolleyes:

Cincysmom
02-06-2004, 08:30 PM
I don't think the Quiznos TV commerical bothers me as much as their radio commerical I heard today...and actually I was going to start a thread about that and thought Amy beat me to it.

Anyway, their commerical on the radio today, the woman starts saying she is tired of it....tired of her dog humping her leg. Tired of her dog humping her neighbor's leg. And look she got this coupon for $2 off neutering. But the coupon is also good for a $1 off a Quiznos sub so her lucky pup gets to keep his parts. Then she is screaming that the neighbor to "run, here he comes". It was awful!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-06-2004, 08:53 PM
I also saw the commecial. Those things are so gross and disgusting!

micki76
02-06-2004, 10:16 PM
LOL, I had a Quiznos original tonight. I just forgot about those "things" and enjoyed my $1 off sandwich! :D

aly
02-06-2004, 10:44 PM
I thought the little monster things were potato chips, hehe. That song they sing on the commercial is annnnnnoying.

I missed the whole dead bird thing and I'm glad I did.

Chick-fil-A fries are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

popcornbird
02-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I remember the dead bird commercial last year. It was a million times worse than this. It was awful. :( This is WIERD!

RubyMutt
02-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Cincysmom
Anyway, their commerical on the radio today, the woman starts saying she is tired of it....tired of her dog humping her leg. Tired of her dog humping her neighbor's leg. And look she got this coupon for $2 off neutering. But the coupon is also good for a $1 off a Quiznos sub so her lucky pup gets to keep his parts. Then she is screaming that the neighbor to "run, here he comes". It was awful!!!

I've heard that commercial as well. It ticked me off a little :(

Nomilynn
02-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Cincysmom
I don't think the Quiznos TV commerical bothers me as much as their radio commerical I heard today...and actually I was going to start a thread about that and thought Amy beat me to it.

I also heard that commercial and thought it was really sick. This company just keeps getting worse and worse. Oh well, I think their food is totally disgusting anyway :)

dukedogsmom
02-08-2004, 09:36 AM
I've only eaten there one time and wasn't impressed. I finally saw the commercial. It looks like hampsters or gerbils with those fake eyes and mouths. The commercial sucks!

moosmom
02-08-2004, 09:59 AM
I think we should write to the company complaining about how their radio commercial makes a mockery of spaying/neutering your pet. They should know that it makes people think it's okay NOT to be a responsible pet owner!!!

Anyone care to join me???

lovemyshiba
02-08-2004, 10:10 AM
Here is their info:

http://www.quiznos.com/contact.asp

I haven't heard the radio commercial, but I think it sounds awful--what a horrible thing to do. If they must make fun of animals, why couldn't they just say that it can be used for a sub or for money off of grooming or something, and show a dog with long poufy hair??

RICHARD
02-08-2004, 02:45 PM
First of all I think I saw one of those Quiznos things in the bottom of the cat's box. No eyes, but it looked like them..

Second.....

A couple of dollars off having your pet's 'bits' clipped???

I'lll hold out for a 50% coupon......

I think we should seriously examine our preoccupation with our pets 'sectshul' proclivities...

and lastly..
Here in California we have everything except a chik fil a....

why?

I think you all are pulling our legs

;)

zippy-kat
02-08-2004, 04:33 PM
:D :D :D

I'll stick to Chick-Fil-A!!!
And speaking of commercials... check their new one out:

Cow Super Heroes... United They Stand, Divided Their Steak! (http://www.chickfila.com/media.asp)

A question:
Isn't a toasted sandwich rightfully classified as a hoagie? :confused:

dukedogsmom
02-08-2004, 07:32 PM
I think we should email them with this thread so they could know what a lot of people think about it.

G.P.girl
02-09-2004, 08:46 AM
But---But ---but i love the Quiznos guys!:( :( they are hilarious!

RICHARD
02-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
But---But ---but i love the Quiznos guys!:( :( they are hilarious!

I finally saw the commercial....

I little off beat and very bad singing,
I do like it better than Rap music.

I just looked at the Chick-fil-a site and we do have a few here in California.....30 miles away....

------------
I have not eaten at Quizno's, but will also try to make a pilgrimage there too...

Twisterdog
02-09-2004, 09:37 PM
I just happened to see that commercial, while looking for Westminster.

I agree - nasty looking things, they are! Especially to be advertising food. :eek:

However ... we're all talking about it and Quizno's, right? And that is the result of a sucessful commercial - making you remember the name of the product or company.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-09-2004, 10:19 PM
My dad said, "It's the stupidest commercial I've ever seen"!:D I totally agree with him!

G.P.girl
02-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD

I little off beat and very bad singing,
I do like it better than Rap music.

:eek: you don't like rap?:p

RICHARD
02-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
:eek: you don't like rap?:p

In small doses????

Some stuff makes me tap my toe....;)

But that Quizno's commercial rocks!:eek:

G.P.girl
02-10-2004, 04:51 PM
In small doses????

Some stuff makes me tap my toe....;)

well i guess that'll do...
those little guys are so tight!:D
"beware of papercuuuuuuts!" :D

ramanth
02-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Here I was thinking the Lansing area would be spared when those commericals came on last night. I've seen them both once (while cringing in horror), now when it comes on I turn the channel. The bad signing alone makes me sick to my stomach... it doesn't put me in the mood to eat anything, least of all their sandwiches.

:p

catland
02-11-2004, 10:03 AM

would you believe - my husband also likes the commercial. He thinks its really funny.:eek:

dappledoxie
02-11-2004, 10:06 AM
I keep seeing it all the time, I just don't like those little things...lol! They are tooooo weird for me on a food commercial.

PJ's Mom
02-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by catland
would you believe - my husband also likes the commercial. He thinks its really funny.:eek:

My son likes it, too. Maybe it's a guy thing. ;)

CamCamPup33
02-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I was going to post something about this, but i forgot, when i heard it i said the same thing "WTF!" :mad: Just to promote their food? Stupid people..

green_chameleon_girl
02-14-2004, 12:06 PM
LMAO I love the commercial its hilarious!! But you guys are right they shouldent be playing "pointless" commercials to get people to eat at Quizno's atleast I got a laugh out of that commercial;)

tikeyas_mom
02-14-2004, 09:40 PM
they are creepy, i hate the commercial... It is disturbing.. And I dont want to eat there lol. I cant even tell what they are trying to sing..

G.P.girl
02-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I've never eaten there, but seeing that commercial tells me that they are pretty creative and i would probly go try them if i could

CathyBogart
02-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Alikkon says that they're undead hamsters. :eek:

joycenalex
02-15-2004, 08:48 AM
i saw the commericial after this thread started and thought....someone got paid for that?:eek:

catland
02-16-2004, 11:41 AM
here's the inspiration.

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

also, you can go to www.quiznos.com for more:eek:

guster girl
02-16-2004, 12:41 PM
I finally saw the commercial last night. It's not disturbing to me, nor does it make me want to rush out and eat at Quizno's. I have and probably will continue to eat there, though, when the urge strikes. :) But, it sure as heck won't be because of those little singing things. It did make me laugh, though. That's something, I guess.

G.P.girl
02-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by catland
here's the inspiration.

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

LMAO!! my friend told me about that web site on friday but i was driving myself crazy because i couldn't remember it and i don't have his phone number. They are so cool! i don't know why i like them so much, bu ti like the commercial better than the moon song

amoore
02-17-2004, 06:54 AM
We haven't seen the ad, and didn't even know what Quizno's was. Looking at the link makes me think it might have been inspired by the SNL "Mr. Bill" cartoons that were also disturbing.

What do you think of the California cheese commercials? Aren't those pretty cows, LOL.

I hated the farting horse, burned face Budweiser ad on the Superbowl. Yuck!!!!

Logan
02-17-2004, 11:54 AM
I have no desire to eat at Quizno's, and after viewing their commercial, I was thoroughly confused!!!! :confused: What in the world am I missing???? Is there a point????? :o

RICHARD
02-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Is there a point????? :o

None whatsoever.

That we try and attach a point to it makes their commercial a success.

2kitties
02-17-2004, 02:13 PM
LOL I love the rathergood site. the hedgehogs are funny too. I think they're a hoot. And Quiznos does make a darn good sub sammich!

jazzcat
02-18-2004, 02:21 PM
At first the commercials creeped me out but then they began to grow on me and since last week my husband and I go around singing in that strange voice "We love the subs". I forgot where I was Monday when we were shopping and sang it in Target. I got a few laughs and strange stares.

They don't really make me want to actually eat anything from them though.

catland
02-18-2004, 02:47 PM
the link that I shared here was given to me by a co-worker. Now there are way too many of us here who occasionally blurt out "we love the moon" or "we love the subs" or "beware of papercuts!":D :p :D

AvaJoy
02-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I hate the commercials and I refuse to watch them. Unfortunately, they seem to be aired entirely too often. :rolleyes:

There are no Quiznos around my neck of the woods, thankfully.

To quote Men On Film from one of my all time Favorite TV shows In Living Color: HAAAATED IT!:cool:

BTW, if anyone knows where I can get videos of all the In Living Color episodes, please PM me . . . thanks! :D

Tonya
02-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Forgive me if this has already been posted. There are far to many pages to read here! Here's the background on the little freaks...

http://slate.msn.com/id/2095868/

G.P.girl
02-25-2004, 08:49 AM
i was just abou tto post that;) i still love them even though maybe they are alittle on the strange side:p

Kfamr
02-25-2004, 02:00 PM
UGH! Every idiot in my school goes around singing the STUPID idiotic song. I've yet to see the actually commercial but I wish it was never created because it's sure annoying hearing them sing in squeeky annoying voices!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-25-2004, 06:37 PM
I know how you feel, Kay. If you really want to see the commercial, you probably don't, it sometimes comes on Animal Planet. Stupid kids:mad:

dukedogsmom
02-25-2004, 08:08 PM
I still HATE those things! They look like dead Guinnea pigs with fake mouths and eyes. And that shrieking gets on my last nerve! Just the thought of them and I get aggravated. Makes me never want to eat at Quiznos in my entire life. I still think I should email them with this link.

CountryWolf07
02-25-2004, 09:13 PM
I think it's STUPID..

2kitties
02-26-2004, 01:02 PM
worked. check this out!
http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/feb04/210255.asp