PDA

View Full Version : I just fixed a breeder's phone lines....

Tonya
02-05-2004, 12:21 PM
:mad: I'm so disgusted. This is the type of breeding that I cannot stand.

I show up at the house. The front is tidy and nice looking. Then, she leads me to the backyard. There are poodles everywhere. And, no offense, but you know how funky looking poodles get when they aren't taken care of? That is how these were. Gunky eyes and gross matted fur. I had her move a cabinet so that I could get to the phone box. There were rat poop, dead rats, and rat poison back there. Then, I go into the house, to find many many more poodles. All matted and gross. She had 4 pens set up in her kitchen, 2 in one bedroom, and one in a bathrrom. All with young litters and moms! Once I fixed her phone, it stated ringing off the hook with people wanting the dogs. I heard her say $700 for females and $600 for males.

Then, as I am leaving, she goes "Oh no, one of the dogs ate the deacon (sp? rat poison) that was behind the cabinet." So, I start freaking out, wondering which dog ate it. I'm insisting to call the vet right away. I was telling her that there is something that can induce vomiting, etc...

She says "It's ok, they probably didn't eat it. I bet they just carried it off. And these ones in the backyard aren't my big breeders anyways." :mad:

I couldn't believe it. I had to leave that house fast before I lost my job. I called animal control, BTW.

pitc9
02-05-2004, 12:33 PM
:mad: :mad:

catnapper
02-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Urgh! One time Nicki ate the mouse poison we set out (it was behind a cabinet and when we moved it to get a dead mouse, she moved in while we were disposing of the deceased) and I couldn't get on the phone to the vet fast enough! Isn't there someone you can call to report the hideous conditions? Does the board of health have anything to do when the "people" are dogs? This is just appaling.

BTW: That incident with Nicki and mouse poison led us to looking into getting a cat. We haven't had a mouse since! Not that my guys are superior mousers, I think the mice smell the cats.;)

DogLover9501
02-05-2004, 12:53 PM
:mad: :mad: There are way too many breeders like that in the world!! :mad: They only care about the dogs that can make them the most money, that is NOT what dogs are here for :mad: :mad:

Pam
02-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Tonya
I called animal control, BTW.

Thank you for doing that! This just makes me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ! It sounds like she lives off her dogs. She sits back like a slob and lets them 'bring home the bacon.' What a creep!! This is certainly not someone who even begins to care about her dogs. Gosh the best thing for them would be to get adopted ASAP where they hopefully have a chance of being loved and given proper care. I hope Animal Control can do something. When I watch Animal Precinct and there is a matted poodle they always threaten the owners to get the dog to a groomer or they will be forced to give up their dog. I would love to see her shut down.

What a contrast from where I got Bella. As I was filling out her paperwork and getting ready to leave, Bella's breeder broke down in tears and apologized that she does that every time a puppy leaves. That is the way it is supposed to be. This woman is probably too busy counting the money when she sells a puppy to even care.

shais_mom
02-05-2004, 02:14 PM
What a disgusting wench of a woman.
Good for you for calling animal control.

ramanth
02-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by pitc9
:mad: :mad:
Ditto.

Fox-Gal
02-05-2004, 04:27 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: OMG

Thats not a breeder, that a animal abuser!! I'm so gald you called her in. Thats the kind of breeder Brandy and Cannilla where rescued from. It was hard controlling myself when I saw the place, so I'm sure it was killing you also.

I always wonder about the type of people that buy off breeders like that. Once they see a place like that, what would make them want to give her money. I be out the door and on the phone calling her in, in seconds. If you care enough to want to buy the puppies, shouldn't you care enough to make sure that no other puppies had to live like that?

Hopefully you will be hearing about her on the news, soon and know that they are all safe now, thanks to you. :)

Tonya
02-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh! I forgot a part. I wear surgical gloves when I work to try and keep my hands clean. When I showed her the dead rats she goes "Do you have any more of those gloves so that you can get the rats?"

Haha! Like I'm going to pick up dead rats for you, stupid #@#*(!

veegan
02-05-2004, 07:41 PM
OMG hdakdhaksl That is so disgusting! It just makes me even more disgusted to think of how many others there are out there doing the same thing. UGH. Thank goodness you were there to see and report it. I dont know how the law works exactly but I hope they seize all her animals and restrict her from owning any in the future. I cant believe anyone would do such a horrific thing just for money. (Man, and I cant imagine how anyone could live with such filth in their home! ?!?) :mad: :mad: :mad:

wolfsoul
02-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Aww! :( Poor doggies! And poor ratties. I know alot of people think rats are pests and kill them...but they are my babies. :(

What did animal control say? Do you think they'll do anything?

*LabLoverKEB*
02-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Was this a house that was in your town? That just pisses me off. Please, please make sure that animal control does something about this. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: This is just horrible.

Twisterdog
02-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the world of the puppy mill/back yard breeder. And the bigger ones are even worse.

Rat poison is a blood thinner that kills by making the blood so thin that the animal bleeds to death internally and from all bodily openings. It is actually the same drug as the human drugs Cumadin or Warfarin, used a blood thinner for stroke or heart disease treatment, except in extreme overdose amounts. It is a slow, painful, prolonged death. It should not be difficult for Animal Control to figure out which dogs ate the poison, given a couple days, sadly.

This is the reason I climb on my soap box and start lecturing EVERY time I hear of someone putting money into these lower-than-scum people's pocket books.

joycenalex
02-06-2004, 07:21 AM
darn shame you couldn't connect the phone line to an poodle rescue group instead of her house.....

Tonya
02-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by joycenalex
darn shame you couldn't connect the phone line to an poodle rescue group instead of her house.....

I hear you! She had such an attitude with me because her phone had been out four days and she had ads in the paper for the poodles. It's not my fault that rats ate your lines!

Oh, another thing! I asked what was wrong with all the dogs' eyes...She said "Oh, I rescued some of them from this nasty breeder. Their eyes are permanently damaged from all the urine that was in the house." Yeah sure. If you rescued them, you wouldn't be using them for profit right now. And YOUR house is the one that reaks of urine!

Animal control didn't say much to me. They just took the info down. That is how they always are when I call.

I am pretty sure that they will do something with this woman though. The city law is only 3 dogs, and she was well over her limit. That'll lead them to come inside and see the deplorable conditions. Their hair was so matted that it looked painful.

Tonya
02-06-2004, 07:59 AM
BTW, she also had two adopted children; a six year old boy and a seven year old girl. You should have seen their rooms! Those kids will probably be taken away too.

Pam
02-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Their hair was so matted that it looked painful.

It probably was! I am sure that the mats pinch and pull their skin! :mad: I wish there was a way we could follow-up on this story.

veegan
02-07-2004, 12:44 AM
UGH.

"I wish there was a way we could follow-up on this story."

yeah I was thinking the same thing. well, if you hear anything tonya, let us know.

sabies
02-07-2004, 03:53 PM
I hope animal control does something. I can't imagine someone going to the house you described and handing over that much money.

Tonya
02-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by sabies
I hope animal control does something. I can't imagine someone going to the house you described and handing over that much money.

I know! You've got to be an idiot to:

A: Pay that much for a pup and not see the parents.

B: Pay that much for a pup when the parents look like they've went to hell and back.

There must be alot of idiots out there though because she's in business in a big way. She had several litters going at different ages. From a month old to a few hours old.

Oh! BTW, she lets them go home at 6 weeks old.

Twisterdog
02-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Tonya,

Follow up with AC, and keep hounding them. We pay their salaries, they are a public institution. They work for us, although nine times out of ten, they certainly don't act like it.

Also, call the local ASPCA or HS. Call the newpaper and TV stations and give them an anonymous tip that this is story sure to boost their ratings.

Have your friends call and report it as well.

PayItForward
02-07-2004, 04:49 PM
BTW, she also had two adopted children; a six year old boy and a seven year old girl. You should have seen their rooms! Those kids will probably be taken away too.
I think a call to social services is needed too :mad:

How could these people pass basic adoption requirements ?

Denyce
02-07-2004, 08:10 PM
I too was going to suggest you phone child welfare. Having children in a home with dead rats, poisen and reeking of urine is definately considered unsafe conditions. A call to the police would have been justified also.

Tonya
02-07-2004, 08:26 PM
I guess I'm pathetic when I get so upset over the animal's conditions that I don't think about the little humans. I do the same thing when I see a homeless person with a dog. My first thought is to feed the dog, not the person. Shame on me!

I kind of assumed animal control would deal call child protective services, but I think I will too. I have the address at work still. I'll call Monday.

Tonya
02-07-2004, 08:30 PM
I have to add, I think it is fairly easy to get immune to this sort of stuff. I see so many children and animals treated differently then what I agree with. Sometimes, I sort of get to the point where I turn my head.

For instance, I worked in front of a particular park for about two months straight. Every morning, a mother and child would show up at the park. She'd (I'm assuming by what I observed) dealt drugs all day while he played. Every single day. Losers would come and go all day long. It bothered the hell out of me. But on the same line, the kid seemed happy. Not in good conditions, but he seemed content. I could tell he'd be devastated if he was taken from his mother. I mentioned to a patroling sheriff that I thought she was selling drugs. But I didn't report the child.

I brought the child toys. Whenever I'd take off for lunch, I'd bring him back a Happy Meal. I don't think he'd ever had one before. But I couldn't bring myself to report his mom to CPS.