PDA

View Full Version : Its Our 21st Anniversary and Katie is 10 Months Old Today.

RobiLee
02-05-2004, 06:27 AM
Today Alden and I are celebrating our 21st anniversary and Katie is also 10 months old today!

I can't believe that we have been married for 21 years. Sometimes it seems like we just got married yesterday and other times it seems like it was soooo long ago....lol. I guess you could say we were high school sweethearts. We've been together since we were 16 and 17 years old. WE got married when we were 18 and as my sister told me once. I was young, dumb and got very lucky. I agree! I have the best husband. Sure he can really tick me off sometimes but he ALWAYS makes me laugh. The past year has been very hard for us dealing with the cancer but he has been right there holding my hand and holding me tight when I would break down crying and Always Always making me laugh. When I was in the hospital for the 2 surgeries he was always right there being silly making me laugh when I was scared to death. After the 2nd surgery I had a rough time coming out of recovery. I wouldn't wake up and my breathing was getting bad. The recovery nurse couldn't get me to wake up and stay awake so she had Alden come back in the recovery room to keep me awake. I couldn't figure out why he was bothering me. He kept talking and talking and doing stupid stuff and making me chuckle. I just wanted to pass out so bad. I was getting so mad at him. One time I went under again and he pinched my nose and then he started flicking my nose. Talk about being mad! I didn't know until later that I was having a hard time coming out of the anesthesia and not breathing very well. I just don't know what I would do without him. Last year for our 20th Alden surpised me and we went to Key West and he super surprised me and gave me a new wedding ring set. It was so romantic and Key West was fabulous! Today is just going to be a low key day, no special plans. Alden did take the day off so we could do whatever we wanted so I'm sure we will get into something. I'm sorry for rambling on and I hope I didn't get too mushy but If you haven't figured it out. I just love that man with all my heart!!!!

Today Katie is 10 months old and she was a special gift that Alden bought for us to help us think about something else besides the cancer and she has been the best thing ever. Talk about great medicine. We love our little Katie girl! I already took her to the pet store yesterday and she got plenty of goodies to celebrate. I can't believe she will be 1 year old in a couple of months! Here is a couple pics I took of her yesterday.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pe16a621e03941fa062044e92d49e8f09/f9b6853f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p6c7d98679212150304aa4f2afaaffd43/f9b6851e.jpg

Thanks for listening and I hope I didn't bore you all to death!

Robin :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-05-2004, 06:56 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and Alden! And Happy 10 months to Katie. May today be everything you want it to be.

Tonya
02-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Happy Anniversary! You and Alden sound like a wonderful couple. And Happy 10 months day to Katie! :D

Enjoy your day.

robinh
02-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and Alden! What a wonderful accomplishment for you to be together that long AND to still be so in love.

And happy 10 month birthday to your beautiful Katie!

:D

micki76
02-05-2004, 08:03 AM
W:eek:W!! 21 years! Congrats!

Happy 10 Katie! :D

dukedogsmom
02-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a fun day, no matter what you do. I'm glad you realise how lucky you are. Too bad we didn't know each other last year. You could have visited.

lovemyshiba
02-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Happy Anniversary!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day, your stories were wonderful, your husband sounds like a wonderful man!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!

ramanth
02-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Congratulations to both of you! :D

RobiLee
02-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Thanks everyone!

Val, if I ever make it back to Florida again. I will definitely try to seek you out. I would love to meet you and Duke!

Robin :)

gini
02-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Bored by your story? Are you kidding? What a loving story for you to share with us. Sometimes we just forget what is really important in life and your story has helped to remind me.

I hope the three of you have a wonderful day just being together and enjoying each other.

Happy Anniversary! Could you give Katie a snuggle for me? She is so beautiful.

K9soul
02-05-2004, 10:08 AM
Bore me? No way. Your story deeply touched me, and I can just tell what a wonderful man Alden is through your words. I'm sure he would have equally wonderful words to share about you too.

What you described is real true love. I hope you two have a wonderful anniversary. Thank you for sharing that beautiful story of true love. :)

Oh! and of course happy 10-month birthday to dear, sweet, gorgeous Katie girl!

moosmom
02-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Wow! 21 years! I hope you an Alden have a wonderful anniversary. You're very special to me ;)

Happy Birthday Katiedog.

(((hugs)))
Donna

Corinna
02-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Congrats I know about those goofy guys I have one too . March 17 will be our 25th. dated 3 years before. I was 17 and people were very sceptical about it lasting. Had Clarissa 3 years later, then 22 month after that Ben arrived. We have a family rule HUMOR cures all bad things. It helped out when Tim went through his 2 cancer surgeries. Nurses just wouldn't leave his room they were enjoying the comady show we were putting on. (my family is a bit nutty)
Have a wonderful day and enjoy each others company!

ChrisH
02-05-2004, 10:40 AM
:D Happy Anniversary Robin and Alden! :D

Wishing you both a wonderful day! :) :)

And a Happy 10 month Birthday to you Beautiful Katie! :D

trayi52
02-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and Alden!! Sounds like you are both very lucky to have each other.

Flipping your nose?? How funny, that just sounded so cute, I could just picture that in my mind! Nooo you did not bore me with your story either. I love to hear stories about happy marriages, can't get enough of them.

Its nice to have somebody to make you laugh when you are feeling bad. Laughter is the best medicine, so Alden was great medicine for you.

Happy 10 months to Katie!

Have a great day!!

shais_mom
02-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Congratulations!!! And Happy day to sweet Katie!

Kiia
02-05-2004, 02:34 PM
I wasn't bored in the least! I think it's very romantic and glad you shared it. Happy Anniversary to you both! IMO I think that's the best present, the 3 of you getting to share your happy day together!

Here's to the loving, happy, "nose-pinching" ;), couple!

CHEERS! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

And of course a Happy Day to Katie! :cool:

anna_66
02-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Kiia
I wasn't bored in the least!
My sentiments exactly, I loved hearing your story:)

Isn't it great to have a wonderful man:D

Oh & I can't forget sweet Katie...Happy 10 months girl! We can't wait to see you at the park again!

Cataholic
02-05-2004, 04:21 PM
What a wonderful tribute! Congrats on your anniversary, and of course, happy ten months to Katie!!

Miss Meow
02-05-2004, 05:36 PM
Congratulations on 21 years of marriage!

You are very lucky to have such a wonderful partner, but remember that you're a special person too, so you deserve each other! :)

Happy 10 months, Katie!

tatsxxx11
02-05-2004, 05:52 PM
What a loving tribute...sniff, sniff!:) Such a beautiful family, Katie included! Happy 21st Anniversary and Katie, only 2 more months till the big "1"!:D Congrats all around!:)

Uabassoon
02-05-2004, 06:23 PM
It sounds like you have an amazing husband! Happy 21st anniversary! And happy 10 months to Katie!

captain
02-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Don't you know that the word "bored" or "bore" is a swear word around here!!!!!!:D

Congrats to you, Katie, and your much loved hubbie!!!

jenfer
02-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!!!! And many more to come!!!

Happy 10 months to Katie too.

rg_girlca
02-05-2004, 10:53 PM
What a beautiful love story.
Congratulations on your 21st Anniversary.
You both have such a great love for each other. It's rare these days to see.
I'm glad you were able to share it with us.
Here's to many, many more years of Anniversaries to come.

Happy 10 months beautiful Katie.

joycenalex
02-06-2004, 07:17 AM
both of you are blessed by the other, your story is beautiful. and katie, well she's just a fun blessing i hope your anniversary celebration continues for many more years. regards joyce