PDA

View Full Version : Sport'n a new sock, Lucee Pics

tomkatzid
02-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Lucee took her bandage off after one day. At the vet's today they told us that Lucee needs to wear the bandage for 5 more days to prevent infection. And no walkies for 5 more days. It's going to be along week. Wonder how many of my socks she'll go through.........
We've stayed home with her for the past 2 days, but today we have to go to work. Wish we had a hidden camera to see how long it stays on.
Katz
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p1d4e36745f4bd0f20cc1873d77f0dd44/f9b71bf8.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p2e7cb701eb364e032ea9abc34e83c3d4/f9b71c04.jpg

captain
02-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Tom,

I hope you got socks for your birthday!!!! :D

Get well soon Lucee!

tomkatzid
02-04-2004, 03:53 PM
I just noticed that her pills, the antibiotics are for 21 days. Long time, poor girl.

ChrisH
02-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Just read what happened to Lucee's leg, poor baby. :( Hope she will leave the sock alone so she can get all better.
Please give her hug and kiss from me.

jenfer
02-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Did she try to take the sock off? Hope she will be a good girl.

Cinder & Smoke
02-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
Lucee took her bandage off after one day.

... they told us that Lucee needs to wear the bandage
for 5 more days to prevent infection.

Hey Tom & Katz ~

If Lucee will be left UN-supervised for more than a few moments
at a time...
She's probably a "candidate" for an :eek: E-collar. :(

A Front Paw wrapped in a bandage is just WAY too tempting
a target to be left alone... :rolleyes:

When my (RB :( ) Shep/Husky - Shadow broke a rear toe; she had
to wear a Heavy Wrap that went up about as far as Lucee's bandage.
The only way we "avoided" an E-collar for her was because she was
WITH me 24/7 - and got *frequent reminders* to QUIT That!
whenever she fussed with it.

Her wrap had a rough go of it during BigBed Tyme - when *I* wasn't
too vigilant :rolleyes: ...
but I would add another layer if she beat it up too badly.

If you can't get an E-collar from the White Coats;
most of the chain Pet Stores sell them...
Just be sure it *FITS* correctly.
For Lucee and a Front paw - the collar will need to extend
an inch or two BEYOND her front teeth -
so she can't curl her paw around the collar
or wedge the collar on the floor, then push forward,
and get her teeth on the bandage.

As for a sock for protection... Good Luck!

/s/ Phred

tatsxxx11
02-04-2004, 07:16 PM
A "socked footie" AND 3 weeks of antibiotics???:eek: Poor baby! Hugs to you sweet Lucie!:) Too bad you just had your birthday. You could have asked for socks!;)

tomkatzid
02-05-2004, 02:32 AM
Poor Tom. Lucee had the sock off before we even left for work. So he had to stay a bit longer and rewrap it. Then he came home early for her. I had to stay way late tonight. She left the new one on. At least for the evening. He wrapped it up to her arm pit and she didn't get it off. We'll see how the night and tomorrow goes. I will try to get home early tomorrow night. I had a cone but let Max ( of Ticoandmax) borrow it and he ate it...

Is an e collar the same as a cone ???

We have a vets right across the street from us if we need to go buy one. Our vet is 15 miles so we probably won't go to them to buy it.

I'll let you know how the night goes. Katz

tomkatzid
02-05-2004, 02:55 AM
The tech at our vet did a bad job of wrapping the leg, even I can do better, and the sock was a stupid idea (I figured that when she said it, but what do I know:rolleyes: ). She is walking without a limp now, all in all she has been a good patient......tom

dukedogsmom
02-05-2004, 08:48 AM
I missed what happened to Lucee or I forgot :p Hope she keeps the sock on and she heals quickly. She's a cutie.

ramanth
02-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Lucee, you look cute in the sock! :) Sorry you have an owie and have to take medicine. But you'll be all better soon. :)