PDA

View Full Version : I am going to request a transfer at work...

Tonya
02-04-2004, 08:21 AM
As most of you know, work has been a living hell for me. It's went from bad to worse. I filed my grievance about my suspension. My boss turned it around and told the crew that because of my grievance, no one was allowed to work overtime. My grievance had nothing to do with overtime, but the guys flipped out before I had a chance to say so. (Alot of the guys rely on the overtime income.) One guy flipped out so bad that he had to be physically removed from my lap. This all happened yesterday. My eyes are swollen from crying. My boss is supposedly being reprimanded because grievances are supposed to be private, he flat out lied, and overtime is for the needs of the business, not a weapon. My boss was just butt hurt that my grievance offended him. That guy got suspended pending termination for jumping on me yesterday. I feel bad for it because I know why he was upset. His daughter just abandoned her kids with him. He needs the money to take care of them. He snapped though.

Anyways, today I'm calling the sexual harrasment guy that I've been working with and telling him that he needs to transfer me. Normally, you cannot be transfered when you have a final warning on your record, but I'm going to try an push it.

Wish me luck.

amoore
02-04-2004, 08:31 AM
I wish you good luck Tonya. Wow, I don't blame you for wanting a trasfer!

catnapper
02-04-2004, 08:52 AM
I am so sorry! I read the other posts about work... you definately have a good, firm lawsuit against them... so if they won't transfer you, suggest they will want to rethink it.

Nothing's a s bad as being unhappy at work because you have a bunch of people bullying you.

moosmom
02-04-2004, 09:01 AM
I'm surprized you didn't ask for it WAY before now!! Good luck!! You deserve a break!

Kiia
02-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Good luck with your transfer. I hope it goes through.

Sending positive vibes your way, I know what it's like to be around a bunch of a-holes all day, I used to work for some terrible people.

Randi
02-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Best of luck with the transfer Tonya! Enough is enough - you DO need a break!

Corinna
02-04-2004, 10:13 AM
I say good I hope you do get it . Sounds like you need to get in a crew that has adults not a bunch of little boys . Especally ones who have woman problem.

gini
02-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Tonya, I have never heard of such a mess as you have at work.

As Corinna said, you need to find some work that doesn't include an environment of little boy mentality. This has gone on way too long and your department heads, union etc. have handled it all very badly.

I think I mentioned to you a while back that if finding other work isn't an option - then get the heck out of there somehow before your very life is in danger.

What a bunch of macho pinheads you work with!

K9soul
02-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Tonya, I am hoping and praying for you to get your transfer. I know you enjoy your job and don't want to quit what you are doing, yet you have had nothing but grief where you are at lately. Maybe a transfer is just what you need. It sounds like your boss is really biased against you and just doing things to make your life more miserable. What a jerk. I'd use another word but I want to keep it PG here :p

*hugs*

Barbara
02-04-2004, 02:59 PM
I want to send you my best thoughts! I am following your story from a distance because some of the legal issues are difficult for me to understand -but I wish you to be strong, keep your calm and hope that in a year's time you can look at the situation and being happy it changed:)

Miss Meow
02-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Good luck with getting a transfer. I think a clean break from your current team will help you make a fresh start.

Your boss is way out of line for bringing the other employees into this. I hope he gets his butt kicked very, very hard.

Tonya
02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
I lost the courage to ask today. I'll try again tomorrow. :rolleyes: