PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess this might be the end.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-03-2004, 10:10 PM
I'm getting the hint that my parents are getting divorced.

I am having this so rough right now, I'm fighting with my boyfriend, and bawling. Can it get worse?

I haven't told anyone, but I cry myself to sleep at night ever since this happened.

I never saw this coming in my life and well, when I was little and they fought I prayed... PRAYED they wouldnt get a divorce. Look at me now.

My brain is so out of whack and I feel like I'm trapped in this hole that I can't get out of.

Dogz
02-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Oh, Meg.:(

+Huge hugs+

You can pull through, and we are here for you. Just hug Abby, and stay strong.

4 Dog Mother
02-03-2004, 10:19 PM
There's not a lot anyone can say to make you feel better, Meg. I am sorry this is happening to your family. Will keep you and your family in prayers.

lovemyshiba
02-03-2004, 10:28 PM
I know no one can make you feel better, so I'm not even going to try.

My parents divorced when I was just 7, so I suppose I was a little too young to even understand what was actually happening, maybe it was easier that way?

You and your family will be in my prayers.

trayi52
02-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Megan, there is nothing I can say either. All I can do is send you lots of hugs, and hope and pray things will get better for you soon.

I really hate seeing you feel so bad, and don't know of anything I can say or do. Hugs to you Megan.

popcornbird
02-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Oh Meg, this is just so sad. :( I really don't know what I can say that would be of any comfort to you.

Take care. I'm sure this must be very difficult on you. Unfortunately, sometimes life *is* difficult. We're here for you if you need to vent, talk, or a shoulder to cry on.

Is it possible that your older siblings can help you through this?

{{{hugs}}}

slick
02-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Hang in there Meg. I wish I could say that understand what you are feeling, but I can only imagine how much you are hurting right now. I really think you need to talk to someone (besides us) who has been through it. Is there some kind of support group you can seek out?? Maybe there's another forum on the internet for children of divorced parents. Sorry, I'm just blurting out thoughts to try to help you. Just remember one thing.....It's not your fault!! Have you sat down with you Mom and explained your feelings??

Try not to fight with your BF. He can be a good support system for you. Talk to him and let him know that you don't want to fight, it's just this terrible thing you are going through.

You know that we will always be here for you and will not let you go through this alone.

BTW, what kind of hints are you getting???

Hugs to you always.

Miss Meow
02-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Hugs to you, Meg. My parents are still together, so I can't truly understand what you're going through. Maybe your parents are trying to do the right thing by you in separating before things get too hostile. In the meantime, we are here for you if you need someone to talk to and to just vent. {{{hugs}}}

aly
02-04-2004, 02:57 AM
I know what you are going through is hard. I can only imagine ..

My parents are together so I won't pretend to know how you feel. But I do think you will be happier with them divorced than if they forced themselves to stay married. They would grow to resent each other even worse and you'd have to live with even more fighting.

They both love you. It will be a difficult adjustment, I'm sure, but I know they will both do what they can to help you. Just remember that it is hard for them too.

Stay strong and keep your head up. Things can only get better, right?

gini
02-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Megan, I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time right now.

Your parents sound as though they are so emersed in their own pain that you feel left out - on the fringe - and your own feelings are being ignored.

Slick is absolutely right. Is there someone close to you - an Aunt - Grandparents - someone who can wrap their arms around you and let you cry your heart out?

In our own way, all of us are trying to do that for you.

Stay with us - share - we all care and our hearts go out to you.