PDA

View Full Version : Please help me... my cat is sick and i dont no wat to do...

Puppylover_4_ever
02-03-2004, 07:20 PM
My cat is around 13 years old. She has these bumps all around her. I am bringing her to the vet soon... but is there anything i can do until then, or anything that this could be? There is a HUGE lump right above her tummy, and scabs everwhere else. I cannot pet her without touching a scab or bump. The one on her tummy is underneath her skin. Around that big bump are lil tiny bumps... not scabs.. BUMPS. Like, underneath her skin. The rest (that I have found) are above her skin, and mostly scabs. Mostly around her ears and head area. I cannot remember how long it has been like this. It keeps growing. I just thought it was a little bump... like a bite... but then it got bigger... Please help me. I am scared for my kitty. I love her so much. Please reply or PM me if you know what this could be.

And also: Please pray for my cat. Her name is hope...

Soledad
02-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Take your cat to an emergency vet center NOW. Do not wait!!

rpcathouse
02-03-2004, 08:05 PM
I agree with Soledad that the cat needs to be at the ER Vets now not soon. This is not a problem I would be willing to help you with since it is lumps under the skin and scabbing. You need a Vet and quick since it is growing. What you feel on the surface may not be all there is. My prayers are with you and your furbaby. Lets us know what happens.

Stella

Laura's Babies
02-03-2004, 09:47 PM
You and your kitty and may you both be strong. I just went though a bad time with one of mine (just Mommie worrying over her being spayed and a nervous wreck)and so have many others here so we know what you are going through. We all love our fur babies here so you will have lots of prayers going up for you and Hope. BTW... I love that name for a kitty!

trayi52
02-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Just wanted to find out how your cat was doing. Did you take her to emergency vet center? What did they say?

By the way, I am glad you decided to keep your cat Hope. Or is the same cat? Anyway I was just wondering how she is.

CatDad
02-03-2004, 10:53 PM
First, I agree with Soledad and Stella.

Take her to the ER vet now!!!

I generally try not be be an alarmist, but from your description it does sound serious and if it is progressing, you do not want it to get worse.

However, after saying all of that. I am not there and you are. I also have no idea what it could be.

I did get a link to a forum once when mine was really sick, it was suggested that I post there to try and find an answer. I was worried and she was already in the hospital. The vet had no idea what it was.

Here is a link to the site:
http://www.cathelp-online.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=994ec4038b2a618e4c779bbec919c788

Prayers are on the way for Hope. Also for you, having sick babies is never easy.

cutie_chica
02-03-2004, 11:24 PM
take your kitty to the vet now!! Really, She needs to be looked at, Please keep us updated!

carole
02-04-2004, 02:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Hope is unwell, It is always scarey when your kitty is sick, i worry just as much as I do when its my children, so I understand how you are feeling right now.

It sounds like you need her to see the vet pretty smartly, to get a diagnosis and prognosis, for whatever is bothering her,I wonder is she still eating and drinking normally and going to the toilet ok? these are always good signs.

By now I am hoping you have seen a vet and know what to do , take much care, fingers and paws all crossed here for good news and a speedy recovery for Hope.!!

trayi52
02-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Puppylover_4_ever, Do you have any updates on Hope yet? We are all waiting for an update.

Willie

Puppylover_4_ever
02-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey guys. Thanx so much for caring about my kitty. I brought her to the vet yesterday, and they got her blood drawn and they are calling today to see if it has anything to do with Cancer. I cannot really tell u much news now, besides she went to the doctor, and we are going to find out today what it is. When they call, I promise to tell u all what they said, though. I am praying that it is not cancer, cuz it will cost a lot of money to remove, and it might b more than just that lump on her tummy. We also found out that the little scabs that she has are just a bad reaction to some flea medicine that we gave to her! I'm happy it's nothing really serious, but we are still scared to find out about the lump. I am hoping and praying that it is not cancerous. Please continue to pray for my kitty, and I will write when we hear about what is wrong with her.

cutie_chica
02-05-2004, 06:58 PM
prayers coming your way!!!

Julie Grove
02-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Please let us know about Hope as soon as possible. We are all worried.

Puppylover_4_ever
02-07-2004, 01:57 PM
YaY! We got the blood tests back, and they came out perfect. It's not cancer, but we still not know what the growth on her belly is. We have to bring her back one more time. It's so expensive just to do that, though. Last time, we spent over 100$ for the blood tests to be done. And my dog Pebbles has to get another rabies shot. It's crazy around here! But I am happy that my cat does not have cancer. Thanx 4 all of your prayers!

CatDad
02-07-2004, 02:12 PM
I am so happy to hear that it is not cancer.:D

It can get expensive, but for me at least, they are worth it. Hopefully they will be able to figure it out soon and then she can be on the road to recover.

Continued prayers for Hope.

Kirsten
02-07-2004, 02:22 PM
That's good news, no cancer!!!

Hope, whatever it is, can be treated now!

Kirsten

Lixx
02-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Oh, your poor girl!I hope they figure out what it is, and that she heals quickly:)

Bastet27
02-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Best wishes and prayers for your kitty. Glad to hear its not Cancer.