PDA

View Full Version : It's been decided...

Moose
02-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, we are definitely going to be getting a Doberman. :D:)

I'm bouncing off the walls right now I'm so excited. :p I want one right now...but we are for sure going to wait until we move out to California [unless we find that one "perfect" dog before ;)]. Josh and I are going to go look at some shelters tomorrow and Thursday...we contacted a couple that had some Dobies. I know it's going to kill me to go and look but not be able to take one [or all] home with me. :p It'll be rough...lol.

We are hoping to find a younger dog [preferably under a year], but obviously won't pass up the opportunity to take home an older dog if it "meshes" better with us and our lifestyle. I would also rather it be a female...but again, that is not my top priority. As long as the dog gets along well with Josh, Moose, and me. :)

Oh man, I'm freaking out right now...lol. :p:p

Anyway, just thought I would update you guys. :);)

Uabassoon
02-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Congrats! I'm happy to hear that you will be looking at shelters to find your Dobie :).

GSDgurl
02-03-2004, 06:44 PM
!!~CONGRATS~!!

Im soooo glad that another Dobie is goin to be joining PT.....since im the only one...I think. Can't wait till you get ur new addition n' I bet it well be hard looking at all those ones that need homes too...:( Good Luck on finding the perfect one for yall.....their big sweethearts~!

Casey:D

mugsy
02-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Did you see this in Dog Rescue?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43117

Good luck and keep us updated.

Moose
02-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys! :)

...oooh, thanks so much for the link Mugsy, I never would have seen that! :D

Uabassoon
02-03-2004, 07:08 PM
And she's a red Dobie too! I think red Dobies are so beautiful!

Moose
02-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Me too...although I love them all. Show me a Dobie, and I'll show you its biggest admirer --points at self--. ;)

mugsy
02-03-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm sure Angie would be thrilled if you could help the little girl too!!

Moose
02-03-2004, 07:15 PM
You know I'd love to...I'll have to try and figure something out. She sounds like such a great girl.

mugsy
02-03-2004, 07:19 PM
I posted on the rescue thread that if you want her that I would be happy to arrange the transport to get her to you.

K9soul
02-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Oh my gosh, how exciting!! I'd be beside myself too! :D No matter what pup you end up with, I wanna see PICTURES asap!!

Moose
02-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Mugsy, I'd love to...but I really would like to meet her first.

...and I'd hate to get her all the way down to Florida just to find out that she doesn't get along well with Moose, etc. Plus, I wouldn't want to have you transport her down here...and then move her to California with us in just a few months.

Ack...I really want to work this out, but I really don't want to move her around that much in that short of time. :(

mugsy
02-03-2004, 07:24 PM
I will be happy to help in any way I can. I'm sure that Angie can solve some puzzles for you if she knows the dog. As far as moving her a lot, she would adjust as long as she knew that she was loved and cared for.

Moose
02-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Ack...I really don't know. Why does this have to be so hard? lol.

I don't want to get your [or anyone's] hopes up right now...I really don't know. Josh isn't home right now, but I'll have him come on and check this out when he gets back. I'm pretty impulsive when it comes to this kind of stuff...so I should probably step back and let him read this too. :p

...don't scratch us off the list yet though!!! ;)

Dobiegirl24
02-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Congrats on the wonderful choice!!! You won't be dissapointed, they are wonderful dogs!!

Originally posted by GSDgurl
!!~CONGRATS~!!

Im soooo glad that another Dobie is goin to be joining PT.....since im the only one...I think. Can't wait till you get ur new addition n' I bet it well be hard looking at all those ones that need homes too...:( Good Luck on finding the perfect one for yall.....their big sweethearts~!

Casey:D :D

Nope, your not the only dobe owner here. I have my blue rescue boy Pepper. And bnormal has 2 dobes I believe, but I haven't seen him post in ages, anyone know what happened to him?

Kfamr
02-03-2004, 07:33 PM
BrookieNizzle, Josh (we need a nickname for him! :p ) and Moose, I send you good thoughts that you'll find that perfect match. It's good that you're looking in shelters, and I hope it stays that way! :D Any possible names? :p

Originally posted by GSDgurl
.....since im the only one...I think.

Nope! You're not.

Moose
02-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks everyone...we're really excited. :)

Trust me, Kay...we will only be adopting dog from a shelter...no breeders necessary! :p;)

Yeah...Josh does need a nickname. But what shall it be? ;):p

Hm...names, oh yeah...I've got a beast of a list. lol.

Male:
--Vegas [for some reason, this is my favorite...I just love it ;)]
--Cash
--Oakley [although I think of this one more for a Lab or Golden]
--Louie/Lou [it'd have to be the right dog :p]
--Aries
--Bam-Bam
--Jack
--Jordan
--Kaiser
--Syrus

[b]Female:
--Zoey [my favorite so far]
--Ellie
--Sydney
--Lexy
--Schyler
--Laney

It's funny because in the "Favorite dog name" thread, I had all these names listed...and hardly any of them are on the list above. lol. When I was going through them, none of them really seemed to fit a Dobie. :p

primabella
02-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Good luck Brooke! How exciting! :D I hope you are able to find "the one" for you that also gets along with Moose. :D

Moose
02-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Thanks Liana! :)

DogLover9501
02-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Congrats :D How exciting, I bet you wish you had your dobie right now lol, Im sure he/she will definatly be worth the wait :D

Love all the names BTW!

ChrisH
02-04-2004, 09:28 AM
I am so excited for you!! Good luck!!!:D :D

p.s. I like the names Syrus for a boy and Zoey for a girl.:)

pitc9
02-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Don't worry Brooke. I understand 100%!!

I have already heard from three people since posting her ad on PetFinder. One of the people, lives in the same city as Sienna does now!
I work with someone who worked with the woman that wants her and he says she is a HUGE lover of animals! She helps at the local Humane Society, always talks about her dogs... etc. So I already have a great lead on her!! She is going to go look at her tonight!!

CathyBogart
02-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Congratulations! You're sooo lucky!! :D

Tina
02-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Congrats!! This is so exciting! I really hope you find the right Dobie for you!

I just love Doberman's they were on top of my list when we were looking for any other dog. I'd still love to have a Doberman they are such beautiful dogs!

pitc9
02-04-2004, 12:09 PM
I just got a picture of Sienna, I thought you may want to see it!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pb8588b1f29bf66054f92e625e329b25b/f9b76d39.jpg

catnapper
02-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Yeah! Dobies are such great dogs! I love big dogs... all those German ones are fabulous!

Can't wait to see the pictures of the one you get!

Moose
02-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Thanks everyone. :)

Oh Angie, you're just killing me...Sienna is such a doll!! I'm so glad you might have found a forever home for her...I know it will work out great. If not , I just might still have spot for her. ;):p ...or, well make that, I will [b]definitely have a spot for her...even if Josh has to sleep in the garage. ;):D