PDA

View Full Version : Who gives you more gray hairs these days? Your cat or your dog?

Pam
02-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Tonight as I came in the door from work two things came into my view. First of all a hairball (can't tell which of my two boys it came from :rolleyes: was on the floor ) and secondly, my poor aloe plant, which sits on my windowsill and minds its own business, was once again knocked violently :rolleyes: into the sink, with dirt all over the place. (I know this was Andy's doing). For tonight I would have to say the cats have added the gray hairs but who knows about tomorrow! :p I think the dogs were smirking. :)

anna_66
02-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Well, since I have no kitties...guess I have to say the dogs:D

Amber
02-03-2004, 06:09 PM
THE CAT!

My dog, Katie is a perfect angel..no trouble

But Maggie, is a goofy girl. She is always under my feet, knocking something over, getting in to something. lol

slleipnir
02-03-2004, 06:09 PM
It depends lol. Kiba is like hyperactive and runs around like 23 hrs a day which is annoying when your trying to sleep heh. The dogs just lay around until you get up to do stuff.

Aspen and Misty
02-03-2004, 06:15 PM
Right now I have to say Cats, Sada has me sweating bullets over her and those babies in side!

Ashley

Uabassoon
02-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Well I only have kitties living with me, but I do blame them for all my gray hairs. I'm only 22 and I already have lots of them :(

Miss Meow
02-03-2004, 06:17 PM
The cats:
Mini and Tabasco like eating loads of cat grass, but save the green vomit until they are on carpet.
Pickles does the same with strange, tan-coloured stuff that must come from a special compartment in his tummy because I never feed him strange, tan-coloured stuff.

The dogs:
Buffy raids the kitty litter tray for the doggy delicatessen treats.
She taught Schnaggles to do the same.
I have seen them eat each other's vomit.
They find bones from the dinosaur era, covered in all sorts of vile stuff, and eat them.
They sniff other doggies' bottoms. For a long time.
They sniff things that come out of other doggies' bottoms. For a long time.

Dogs win!

Foam
02-03-2004, 07:12 PM
I've had cats before and they're just too...I don't know they're just not for me.
Dogs on the other hand. :eek:

Let's not even start. :p

Uabassoon
02-03-2004, 07:24 PM
Pickles does the same with strange, tan-coloured stuff that must come from a special compartment in his tummy because I never feed him strange, tan-coloured stuff.

Miss Meow for some reason I laughed so hard when I read that!

Miss Meow
02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Miss Meow for some reason I laughed so hard when I read that!

Because all cat lovers can identify with, "I didn't give my cat anything of THAT colour in the last meal ..." ;)

Cookiebaker
02-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Where the "Both" option???

Marigold has been TOO interested in poor Jimmy (the Beta Fish's) tank recently, and one night knocked the plant out and killed it. Besides that we had to change her kitty litter (we can't find the same brand) and she has been turning her dainty nose up at it and looking suspiciously at it.

Malone 'cause he's his usualy nawtee rambunctious being trying to play keep-away-from-Mom slippers and socks.

But right now they are both sleeping ~ Malone is curled up at my feet, and Marigold is resting in my lap....so at the moment, my hair is staying brown. ;)

jazzcat
02-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Can I say both. My little housed dog is old and has a weak bladder - enough said. My oldest cat has decided to start scratching the furniture not to mention every few weeks he goes on a puke party and barfs every few days.

My other two cats are young and well behaved.

Christiansmommy
02-03-2004, 09:52 PM
I voted dog, since the cats sleep most of the day away (there trouble making is condensed into a shorter part of the day) ;) ...

Dale is still a puppy, 91 lbs of it, infact...and he isn't quite obedience trained just yet... we start next week...we have to teach him what to chew on (bones), and what not to (your shirt, pants, whatever he can grab):rolleyes: He is potty trained, but will have an occasional mistake. That mistake is huge coming out of a 91 lb. dog...and when he piddles (rarely), he gets nervous, b/c he knows it is bad to do in the house, so he walks around while doing it, and it makes it that much harder to clean up!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One of the cats decided that they wanted to throw up on some medical papers that i needed to take to a doctor the next morning, so even though, they had the entire counter to throw up on (not to mention the fact that it had to be on the counter of all places), they chose this one important piece of paper. Needless to say, when i called the doc and asked that i needed it reprinted, i surely did not explain why...just said "something spilled on it!";)

Dandy spills glasses of water on our nightstands almost every morning...when she is trying to wake us up to feed her!:rolleyes: Gabe used to do this. Guinness is rather good, Dandy is more of the trouble maker :)

Okay, now what about my 2 year old human son ;)....i wont even go there :) LOL! :)

shais_mom
02-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Keegan hands down.
All tho Kylie is getting her teeth cleaned on Friday and its the first time she has went 'under' since I have had her so we shall see.
And Robyn, My 2 would do the same thing to my water if I let them.(Kylie tries to drink out of it) That's why I use a large insulated cup with a lid on it with a slit in it to sip out of. I live by those cups!!! Walmart for like $2!!! And it keeps them cold all nite with a few ice cubes. :)

Nomilynn
02-04-2004, 12:05 AM
I would definatly have to say the bank at this point :p even though Nutmeg kept me awake all night howling for attention, I'm pretty sure she would approve the car loan I'm trying to get through my bank :p

Fox-Gal
02-04-2004, 01:50 AM
Tonight I have cats sleeping nice and peacefull all around the house. No gray hairs there.

As for the Dogs,
Brocka in here with me because his hind leg is hurting him.
Cannilla in the living room, with cancer.
Mooch had an allegory attack today.
Brandy got into the dog food bag and draged it every where.
Ginger chased the cats around the yard.
Tuffy, well he always in trouble.
Odie is good, Rockey is good

So I have to say DOGS

Christiansmommy
02-04-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom

And Robyn, My 2 would do the same thing to my water if I let them.(Kylie tries to drink out of it) That's why I use a large insulated cup with a lid on it with a slit in it to sip out of. I live by those cups!!! Walmart for like $2!!! And it keeps them cold all nite with a few ice cubes. :)

Time to make a Walmart run...great idea, can't believe i didnt think of it sooner :) She did it again this morning, and took our lamp with it!! (It is a small lamp) Silly cat!!

amoore
02-04-2004, 07:39 AM
I would say both if that was one of the options. Since The vet bills are mostly on the dogs right now, I will say dogs. :)

Rio and Me
02-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Well Rio is my Angel,lol no matter what she does (diarehha ?sp on the floor, sick on the floor, bark, chew on arm a bit hard) it's allways arrrrr its not her fault or she didnt mean to do it, I have never in the 2 years ive had her been mad at her,lol
But the cat on the other hand, isnt naughty but stupid, already lost a leg on the road, brain damage, and short paralisis from getting hit on the road yet still insists on casually woundering across or when its sunny laying flat out in the middle of it, this is the main road out of our village, i worry constantly about him.
so i guess the cat,lol
Ky and Rio

ChrisH
02-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Bob, the dog, for sure!! I love him to bits but he can be a real pain in the rear at times. :) Especially when compared to Ebby, the cat, who is a well behaved angel .... well, most of the time anyway!:D

moosmom
02-04-2004, 09:05 AM
I couldn't vote. Why??? Because it's my KID (yeah, she's 27 years old) that gives me the most gray hairs!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But...I have Preference "Natural Blond" by L'Oreal cuz I'm worth it!!! :rolleyes: ;)

katienoonan
02-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Its the dogs 100% No doubt about it. We just got a puppy the other day. She has never had a toy. Never been outside, Never seen a TV. She lived such a sheltered life so she is getting used to everything and we are trying to potty train her. It's so hard. LOL I love them anyway.