PDA

View Full Version : I hate falling over in public ...

Miss Meow
02-03-2004, 04:20 PM
We were just walking over to the next building for a co-worker's farewell, and I slipped down the stairs, hurting my toe, back, shoulder and wrist (and ego). Someone in the crowd helped me up (why do these things only happen in public?). I then realised that my knee-length skirt has a split up the back right to my bottom :o and I won't be going anywhere looking like that ...

Now everyone is out having fun and I'm trying to sew my skirt while wearing bicycle shorts and everything is starting to hurt where I fell, but I can't cry because it's the Captain's rounds today and he's coming to inspect our building soon ... I hate today.

Dogz
02-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Some days just aren't made for you, are they? Sorry you had a bad day, I would have helped you up.

:) *hugs* :)

Tomorrow is another day, and I hope you can get out and have some fun soon!

RICHARD
02-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
We were just walking over to the next building for a co-worker's farewell, and I slipped down the stairs, hurting my toe, back, shoulder and wrist (and ego). Someone in the crowd helped me up (why do these things only happen in public?). I then realised that my knee-length skirt has a split up the back right to my bottom :o and I won't be going anywhere looking like that ...

Now everyone is out having fun and I'm trying to sew my skirt while wearing bicycle shorts and everything is starting to hurt where I fell, but I can't cry because it's the Captain's rounds today and he's coming to inspect our building soon ... I hate today.

Janet Jackson had no problem showing off her boob, so......

If you have a biker's bum then just toss the skirt over the shorts and start a new fashion craze!

I am sorry you fell and I hope you feel better..
My back was out late last week and I am just starting to feel better......could it be the gravity from the South Pole???

K9soul
02-03-2004, 04:28 PM
*hugs* When it rains it pours. Cliche I know but so true. Sorry to hear you are having such a rough day today :(. I sure hope things look up for you soon. Just think of those happy doxies waiting for you to get home! :)

catnapper
02-03-2004, 05:04 PM
Ouch! I can only imagine how painful that was - both physically and ego-ly!

At least nobody ran to find the trophy for the office klutz!

Take a nice hot bath and go to bed early tonight - and perhaps you should treat yourself to some takeout!

mugsy
02-03-2004, 05:30 PM
OW!!! I hope you feel better Nicole. I agree...go home and soak in a hot tub with Epsom salts. I just hope your ego is bruised more than your body....the ego doesn't cause real bruises. I'm glad someone was nice enough to help you up.

jenfer
02-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Oh Nicole, I am sorry. I have done things like that before and it sucks.
Go home and give your babies a big hug and you will feel better.

Truffles
02-03-2004, 05:40 PM
hey,

so sorry you fell down the stairs you ok????????hope you didn't hurt yourself :(

anyway i've fallen down in public so many times i lost count :p having epilepsy has its downs well it really has no ups acturally epilepsy just sucks :mad: anyway yes it is embaressing to fall in public so sorry it happened to you.i've fallen way too many times to be ashamed of it anymore mainly cause when i go into a seizure i''m out cold and don't realize whats going on.

hope you are ok take care:)

marylyn

Miss Meow
02-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Thank you :)

Mugsy, a hot bath sounds perfect! Can't wait until I get home.

slleipnir
02-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Sorry you had a bad time :( Hopefully your not hurt.

I could tell you about an experience my mom had falling down stairs when she was a kid that might make you feel better;)...It envolves a 'bathroom' bucket. Hm..maybe I shouldn't :X

captain
02-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Hey - hope you are OK!?
I would have helped you too ........ but then again I would have laughed, which would have made you laugh ............. and I would stay back to help you sew your skirt!

Lucky it was not on a Thursday, or we would have had to blame RICHARD!

popcornbird
02-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Oh you poor thing! That just sucks. Hope your day is brighter tomorrow!!

RICHARD
02-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Thank you :)

Mugsy, a hot bath sounds perfect! Can't wait until I get home.

And don't forget the organic heating pads!

catland
02-03-2004, 06:23 PM
Did you say BIKE SHORTS? :rolleyes:

(hope you are ok)

mugsy
02-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Nicole....I can't take credit for the bath idea....it was catnappers idea first! I like Richard's idea too!! See...I'm just a thief on all fronts!!