PDA

View Full Version : Button Is Not Well!

K & L
02-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Last night we had to trap Button (Bo’s sister) because she was appearing ill. Her eyes were matted and one barely open. She is at the vet and they’re testing her for feLV. We won’t know anything until later this afternoon. The waiting is horrible. I’m not sure what decision we’ll make if she turns up positive. I sure hope it’s only a URI and can be treated with medication. If this is the case, we’ll see if they can provide liquid antibiotics that we can put in her food. We’ll keep her until all medication is administered and then release her back. She’s very feral, they had to sedate her to perform an exam. This is Button when she was a kitten. We will get a more recent picture after we (hopefully) pick her up! She's the one with the little black button on the chin!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/p82ac3d53cb20f9fbc716882dab4058af/fd6188df.jpg

catlover4ever
02-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Lots of prayers are being sent your way that Button is OK. Please keep us posted.

P.S. Those are 4 cutties in the picture. ;)

catcrazylady
02-03-2004, 03:20 PM
Prayers on the way for Button and a special prayer that the FeLV test is negative!!!
Keep us posted!!

Kirsten
02-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! :( The waiting is the worst, that's horrible!

Sending positive thoughts and get well-wishes, I hope she only has a cold or something else that's easily treatable!

Kirsten

Uabassoon
02-03-2004, 05:37 PM
I hope Button is well and the test comes back negative.

BTW that picture is so cute!

Miss Meow
02-03-2004, 05:51 PM
I hope Button's test turns up negative. Sending good thoughts and hoping for the best :)

spunkymeow
02-03-2004, 06:03 PM
AW button I hope you're ok!

kimlovescats
02-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Prayers for sweet Button!

K & L
02-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Button tested negative:D but has a URI. They gave her a shot of antibiotics and eye salve. She came out of her sedation a little sooner than planned and got loose in the room they had her in. Guess it took several techs and some time to capture her.

They gave us a liquid antibiotic to put in her food, but she won't touch it. We will go ahead and release her if she doesn't eat.

Steffi N
02-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Button, please don't be frightened of the hoomans. They only want to make you all well. Please try to eat something, sweetie.
I am glad the test was negative.

cutie_chica
02-03-2004, 11:29 PM
get well!!!:D

K & L
02-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
K & L,

I may get flamed for this one, but I only have Button's and the other kitties well being at heart.

You need to keep Buttons inside and make EVERY effort to get her to eat and take the antibiotics. Borrow a cage if you must, a trap to trap the Mama and the other babies. These kittens are FAR too young to be away from their mother. They CAN be socialized with time, love and patience. Wear heavy gloves to handle them at first. They WILL come around.

I've worked with feral kittens up to 6 months old. They were confined to a cage and were socialized and found wonderful homes.

You putting Buttons back outside while she is sick is VERY irresponsible. Putting her back outside will be a death sentence for her, as the URI can and WILL turn into pneumonia if not treated. These babies NEED you and so does their mother.

I IMPLORE you to take another look at the entire situation and do what is best for this kitty family. If I were closer, I'd volunteer. Unfortunately I am not. Please think about it!

Moosmom
Button is no longer a kitten! That is an old picture and I think I said I would get an updated one on her. She is almost 3 years old and VERY feral. We have been taking care of her since the day she was born. She's been TNR'd and fed daily. It was just this last week we noticed eyes matted and her not feeling well. We felt VERY successful that we were even able to trap her again. Thank you for your input. I know what you're saying. We've been working with these colonies for 5 years now. We've found homes for kittens, dumped pet cats, and work with these ferals by TNRing, feeding and providing water daily that we could not place anywhere. I guess you haven't read some of my previous posts on the park cats?

I don't consider us irresponsible considering we've TNR'd over 100 cats, found homes, feed/water, and do ALL of this with our own money!

Plus our 17 cats at home were either dumped or feral. We are quite experienced with them. I do appreciate your concern for the cats, and maybe you didn't realize the history behind us.

Here's a link to some of the cats we work with:

http://www.mindspring.com/~neal241/azcats/saguaroranch/saguaroranch.html

moosmom
02-04-2004, 09:49 AM
K&L,

I aplogize and have deleted my post. You're right, I guess I should've read the threads more closely. I had NO idea that Buttons is 3 years old! You're doing a great job with the ferals. Colonies are very difficult to handl at times, especially when they're sick.

I'll keep you, Buttons and all the colonies in my thoughts and prayers. Hope they're are no hard feelings. :(

Randi
02-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Poor Button! :( For how many days is she supposed to get the medicine? I really hope there's some way you can get it into her!

We're sending positive thoughts and crossing our paws and fingers for her. Best of luck!! :)

Get well, Button!!

K & L
02-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
K&L,

I aplogize and have deleted my post. You're right, I guess I should've read the threads more closely. I had NO idea that Buttons is 3 years old! You're doing a great job with the ferals. Colonies are very difficult to handl at times, especially when they're sick.

I'll keep you, Buttons and all the colonies in my thoughts and prayers. Hope they're are no hard feelings. :(

No hard feelings. I gathered you didn't realize the work we do with these cats. Apology ACCEPTED. Please don't feel bad.

sqwelch
02-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Here's hoping Buttons makes a full and speedy recovery and please do show us a recent pic, I'd love to see her now !!!

K & L
02-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Randi
Poor Button! :( For how many days is she supposed to get the medicine? I really hope there's some way you can get it into her!

We're sending positive thoughts and crossing our paws and fingers for her. Best of luck!! :)

Get well, Button!!

If possible they wanted her to have it for at least a few days. We had to release her this morning. She wasn't eating, moving, or even going to the bathroom. We will try and put some of the antibiotic on her food at the park. If this doesn't work, at least she had a shot of antibiotic and they gave her all her other shots, i.e. rabies FIV, etc. Plus they administered eye salve which we saw an immediate change for the better! I'm sure she'll do just fine now. If we notice her going downhill, we'll have to trap her again!

Felicia's Mom
02-04-2004, 11:04 AM
I hope Button starts feeling better.

QueenScoopalot
02-04-2004, 08:42 PM
This entire thread really bothers me. The photos show four very healthy 3? month old kittens. I would have taken them in in a hearthbeat, caged, and worked with them. You state that you have known Button since birth? This right there REALLY bothers me. I do trapping day in, and day out, but to know a kitten is newborn, and not give the litter a chance at a home just doesn't sit right with me. I have trapped feral mothers, and used their kittens as bait, and then allowed the moms to nurse thier offspring in safety until they're old enough to be adopted. Granted this may be stressful to a really feral adult queen, but 9 times out of 10 there have been no problems. The kittens go into loving homes, and not back onto the streets, and the moms get spayed and put back. My latest victory kitten is almost 6 months old, a gorgeous chocolate point himmiX a dear friend managed to scruff by the neck and bring to me. He has been here for about 2 months now, and is finally over his severe URI, but from day 1 Simon was looking for love, and found a permanent indoor home. How does a person judge who is going to be feral, and who is not? I have several cats that I swore were ferals.....totally wrong. Dumped pets, with street smarts!

kimlovescats
02-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Queen Scoop A Lot ......... I would like to suggest that you read more and post more than 12 times before you start passing judgement on the regular people here. I don't mean to sound harsh, but this is the first post I have seen from you, and you have NO IDEA all the relentless work that K&L has done for ferals!!! :confused:

leslie flenner
02-04-2004, 09:14 PM
TNR in urban areas such as ours (cold city) does not work all of the time and it's so complicated..
We have not seen the vaccum affect at all where jan has rescued 190+ cats from behind the West Lynn Creamery (she was on local news for this) or at the Porthole Resteraunt on the Lynn Harbor where boat owners were throwing cats with their litters overboard into the harbor, AND, buried some alive in the boat yard. No cats have returned to these areas.
I can't even to begin to remember all of the sickly cats that Jan has rescued, eyes falling out, eating dead sticks and leaves, dragging uterus on the ground, busted legs, infected mouths so they couldn't eat at all, and all were luek pos. The immune systems cannot stand even a "cold".
These guys literally starve to death, which, according to a Lithuanian friend of mine who witnessed starvation of jews, is THE most painful way to die.
There are other alternatives not mentioned in above posts!
Moosmom was correct in asking about the kittens. Even though the picture is old- why weren't they socialized then or when first discovered, "the day they were born".

moosmom
02-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Leslie,

I have since deleted my post. I regret not reading further about the wonderful work K&L has done in TNRing some of the MANY colonies she has maintained over the years.

I am not going into it any further, except to say that everyone who has worked with ferals, knows what is involved and does the best they can under the circumstances. Even you, yourself have said that it is very complicated. Why not give credit where credit is due?

kimlovescats
02-04-2004, 10:03 PM
My point exactly, Donna! None of us here should judge the work of another ... this is not a competition, but a sharing and joining forces ... united for the sakes of the cats!!! Therefore, I don't feel any of us has the right to place judgement on the approach that another may take .... each of us is helping and contributing in our own ways.

We are and should be "in this together!" ;)

leslie flenner
02-04-2004, 11:25 PM
So let's come together and not leave any casualties! We are struggling here against harsh winter's (it has been below zero here) and people that want the cats dead and enjoy leaving carcuses out for us to cry over. (in their heads, back off, but). A lot of people want the cats for training-- to kill here (pit bulls).

this is a horrible situation that we deal with because they are drug infested neighborhoods and when we are trying to get the strays (last weekend successed with an orange male with spots- eating out of the dumpster-a beautiful boy!) and less than a year old! Release him back to his group? NO Way!
And got a calico preg. female who has already been adopted through the Peabody Shelter. A totally loving girl who was digging for food in a trash barrel...Didn't even need to trap her, just put her in a carrier! oh my! she purred all night long!

K & L
02-05-2004, 08:08 AM
I don’t know why I’m letting a few people get to me on this, but I am. First off, Leslie…we maintain our colonies by spaying and neutering and going DAILY to provide food, water, and shelter. We DO NOT just let these cats fend for themselves or starve to death! AND...we had an article written up in Cat Fancy Magazine about our work. We were given an award from the City for our work, and we were written up in the paper for our work! We too have been recognized.

As for QueenScoopalot…I CANNOT save the world, but I can do my part for the overpopulation of these cats by TNRing and maintaining their colony. I have rescued many, many cats, found homes where and when I could, have taken in 17 myself, and do all I can to help them. We do this on our own time with our own funds. We buy the food, we pay for the spay/neuter…AND…we go out of our way to try and retrap those that appear sick and PAY for this vet bill! You don’t JUDGE who will be feral, they are born that way. You have to find someone willing to work with a feral to tame and make adoptable. We can only do so much. I consider our 17 cats a VICTORY!! I consider helping with the overpopulation and preventing other cats for living this life a VICTORY!! I consider providing food, water, and yes shelter, a VICTORY!! I’m glad you provide the work you do, but I also provide much more than anyone else cares to do, so who are you to judge ME?

Thank ALL of you who realize and appreciate the work my husband and I do!!

catmandu
02-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Prayer and Best wishe are cominf for Button , and hopefully Button will soon be a well and happy Cat , again.

moosmom
02-05-2004, 10:07 AM
K&L and Kimlovescats,

Well said!!

K&L,

The only one you need to answer to is a Higher Power. Certain members on this site OBVIOUSLY seem to be hearing only what they WANT to hear. Personally, I think ALL the rescuers on this site are to be commended for their work with ferals and cats in general. You CAN'T save them all. That is a fact. Everyone here has made their opinions known. NO ONE should be judged simply because they don't agree.

All we can do right now is pray for Buttons. The power of prayer has ALWAYS worked on PT. Buttons well-being is what is important. Let's not lose sight of that.

catcrazylady
02-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Lisa,
You know that some people don't understand what you do. I have a GREAT respect for ANYONE who does rescue of any type. TNR is rescue!! I think that maybe some newer people don't realize that you are working in a park. I'm getting the feeling that they think you are releasing in some kind of city atmosphere. Maybe that would help them understand a little better.

I also want to say that IN MY OPINION there are some older ferals that should NOT be trapped and held in captivity. I know there are people who believe that all should be trapped and then placed in shelters until socialized and adopted. From what I have seen in the shelter these cats have been given a death sentence. They are older, set in their wild ways, and FREE! They come into the shelters and get sick, lose the will to live because of the caging. They give up on life. I don't want to be responsible for breaking the will of a creature just so I can tame him/her. The greatest thing I think can be done is to know that you offer them shelter and food. You know they can stay warm and dry and they will never be hungry but they still have their freedom. Of course the spay/nuetering is vital.
I know I'm going to get blasted for these comments and one thing I want to make clear is that I don't think this works everywhere. I don't think trying to set up colonies in very populated/city areas is always a good idea. Too many human dangers. In the right situation, like the park, its perfect. I think you and your wonderful hubby have given them their own personal Eden.
Please everyone before you attack me please make note that I said this DOES NOT apply to every situation!! Each circumstance is different. I am an advocate of city cats being TNR'd to barn cats if they are older and don't want to be pets.
God Bless you and all of these wonderful people who do rescue work.
The other Lisa

moosmom
02-05-2004, 10:35 AM
there are some older ferals that should NOT be trapped and held in captivity. I know there are people who believe that all should be trapped and then placed in shelters until socialized and adopted. From what I have seen in the shelter these cats have been given a death sentence. They are older, set in their wild ways, and FREE! They come into the shelters and get sick, lose the will to live because of the caging. They give up on life. I don't want to be responsible for breaking the will of a creature just so I can tame him/her. The greatest thing I think can be done is to know that you offer them shelter and food. You know they can stay warm and dry and they will never be hungry but they still have their freedom. Of course the spay/nuetering is vital.
I know I'm going to get blasted for these comments and one thing I want to make clear is that I don't think this works everywhere. I don't think trying to set up colonies in very populated/city areas is always a good idea. Too many human dangers. In the right situation, like the park, its perfect. I think you and your wonderful hubby have given them their own personal Eden.

What you said hit the nail right on the head! I totally agree. There ARE some ferals that absolutely cannot be tamed. And putting them in a shelter IS a death sentence, I've seen it happen.

I also had a feral kitten that could not be tamed. I tried everything I possibly could, but he just did not want to be touched. I was very disappointed, but I didn't get all upset about it. He is now living a wonderful life on a farm in upstate Connecticut with other ferals. I miss Grumpy Dave, but know I did what was best for him.

trayi52
02-05-2004, 10:49 AM
I think you people are doing a wonderful job. You have such big hearts, that I have to commend you on the work you do. I am one of those people that wouldn't even know where to start, so all I can say is a great big Thank You to all you people that do know what the heck you are doing, moosmom, K & L, kimlovescats, and catcrazylady! You sound to me like you know exactly what you are doing and know what is best for these cats. I wish I had as much spunk as you do.

So you keep doing the wonderful jobs you are doing, I think you are all great!!

K & L, I think with your help Buttons is going to do okay.

Like I said I admire you for what you are doing.

Willie

K & L
02-05-2004, 12:07 PM
Thank you ALL! Just one more thing, here in AZ if you take a feral to the Humane Society they are immediatley put down. They consider them unadoptable and destroy them. If you can find a place in a no-kill shelter, and ones that will work with ferals, then there may be a chance. That's why we TNR and maintain a colony by feeding and providing shelter and water. This can also work in the city as long as someone can feed. The best way to think on TNR is you're preventing producing and more cats living in the same environment. You're not destroying the existing ones, you're preventing reproduction, feeding and just helping them live a little better life!

catcrazylady
02-05-2004, 12:46 PM
The no kill shelter where I'm volunteering has done very well taming down some ferals and found them good homes but they have one REALLY wild lady that is not going to socialize. They brought her in, put her in a cage and attempted to work with her. Within a few days she was very sick. They couldn't even medicate her until she was so sick that she didn't have as much fight in her. I sat down by the cage and talked to her for awhile and she barely lifted her head and looked me in the eye and I knew that she did not want to live. It was pure sadness and it broke my heart. I went and talked to the director and was so glad to hear her say that they knew she would never be socialized and that the shelter is killing her. She said we are looking for a farm with a barn that will be willing to take her and keep food out for her. She will have shelter, food and freedom. I hope they find it for her soon.
I was already very pro TNR but after seeing her I became an advocate!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
each of us is helping and contributing in our own ways.

And you are all doing a fantastic job! You each have your own "tactics" and what works in one area might not be such a good idea in another area. But the point is that it's working! And that's what matters. The who, what, when, where, how is all just minor details compared to the fact that there are a whole lot of cats out there that are a lot better off because of what each of you are doing.

I think you all need to give yourselves a pat on the back and join in a big group hug here. ;) :D

Randi
02-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I also want to say that IN MY OPINION there are some older ferals that should NOT be trapped and held in captivity. I know there are people who believe that all should be trapped and then placed in shelters until socialized and adopted. From what I have seen in the shelter these cats have been given a death sentence. They are older, set in their wild ways, and FREE! They come into the shelters and get sick, lose the will to live because of the caging.
I SO agree with this!! Pjevs in our backyard is at least 12 and he could not live indoors now. Someone left him behind when they moved many years ago. :( We first saw him when we moved in in 1994 and had no idea how old he was then - he was sleeping in an old pram. Shortly after, a few of us was feeding him, and other cats in the yard, and we noticed each other and formed a group. We had meetings now and again and took turns feeding – and we built houses for them. :) Unfortunately, some of these people have since moved, so we’re only two families left to care for him. :)

Seeing people walking right past him, without noticing he wants a cuddle or a bite to eat, is hard! On a brighter note, a swedish girl from the block across the road, has noticed him and keeps coming back to cuddle. :) And while I was away on vacation, she took my turns feeding him. :)

Here's a few pics of him.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p310d5b82cbd3b7b6d16acec1ad27e9cb/fdc01764.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pcddb9238664a63aa22becf6a59515825/fdc0172c.jpg

Killearn Kitties
02-05-2004, 03:00 PM
It's so true that everyone is doing a fantastic job and each one helping in their own way, but I have to add my tuppenceworth here ... :D

I have the utmost respect for those who work with feral cats. I think, that to work with that colony who live in the park, to feed and care for them is an absolutely wonderful thing to do. I have a particularly soft spot for feral cats because our cats were feral when they appeared in our garden. A feral mummy moved her two kittens into our garden for shelter. We eventually managed to get them in the house. Jessica (mummy) however, is never going to socialise. She appreciates comfort - soft beds, warm radiators and not having to catch her own food. She also tolerates us taking her to the vet once a year for her check up and boosters. That is the closest we ever get to Jessica. BUT, how many people could keep a cat like this? We could not have had Jessica in the house if we had had children, or any other pets. It has only worked because she was brought in with her own kittens. If Jessica had been taken to a shelter, she would never have been adopted. She may well have sat in her cage waiting to die; or, if she had fight left in her, hissed at all comers through her bars. With such an excess of cats looking for homes, how is a cat like this going to find a home?

You are giving these cats a far, far better life than they could ever have looked forward to on their own. I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures of the park cats. If I ever find myself in Arizona, it's going to be my first port of call. :D

By the way (what the thread's about), keeping my fingers crossed for sweet Button. I know you will help her the best way you can.

Kirsten
02-05-2004, 03:14 PM
K & L, I'm glad that Button hasn't been tested positive for feLV, that's a huge relief! Hopefully she will eat enough of the food with the antibiotics, enough to make her feel better.

I think it's wonderful what you and your hubby are doing for these cats, this world needs more people like that, thanks for that (also to all the others at PT who are doing the same).

Kirsten

K & L
02-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
K & L, I'm glad that Button hasn't been tested positive for feLV, that's a huge relief! Hopefully she will eat enough of the food with the antibiotics, enough to make her feel better.

I think it's wonderful what you and your hubby are doing for these cats, this world needs more people like that, thanks for that (also to all the others at PT who are doing the same).

Kirsten

Button looked 100% better last night. She was VERY wary of us, but we brought antibiotics mixed in tuna, which worked. I will try and get an updated picture of her ASAP. It’s raining here right now, so that cats may not come out tonight. I will keep you all posted and REALLY appreciated all your positive responses!!

Cataholic
02-05-2004, 04:55 PM
K&L,
You know, you can't do much more than the two of you are currently doing. I have read over and over the care, love and support (financial and emotional) you provide to this feral community. It is a sad state of affairs our animal population is in. Of course, we want to rehome everyone that we can, but, sadly, that just isn't a reality. It is a harsh fact that has to be accepted.

Please don't let a single negative poster on this thread take two seconds of your time...time better spent caring for the kitties. Often times people are so confused themselves that they can't see what others are doing. Keep up the GREAT work, and keep us posted on Button.

Johanna

QueenScoopalot
02-05-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry I started a firestorm. I didn't mean to offend what anyone else is doing for the cats. My only point is it's too bad that there isn't a network available to foster and socialize kittens for you. If I'd been in Arizona I would have taken the litter in a heartbeat. I'm lucky in that we have a small group of people willing to open their homes, and risk getting clawed up to take time to work with little ones. I have done TNR as well, and one colony was three years of time and money(from my pocket). I removed a large number of feral kittens from there, all of which were stunted from moms having too many kittens. I thought they were 3 months old, but as they socialized quite fast, the vet visit surprised me. All were over six months old. The adults were altered and put back. Though they had feeders, it turned into a sad affair when a fox came out of the woods in broad daylight and killed one cat instantly, and seriously injured a second one. I count my blessings every time Sweet Pea (one of the former kittens) wants to be stretched, or hand fed crunchies one by one, that it wasn't her that was killed. The colony now is one sad cat with badly frostbitten ears that is impossible to catch. People discovered her styrofoam shelters under duct work, and kicked one in. I have tried to catch Olivia numerous times, but with construction going on, and huge rock caves, it's not easy. I'd let her live her life out here if she'd let me. AZ cats, you have done a comendable job, and an important one, but my only point was it's too bad the kittens couldn't have been tamed. I've had very few that were truly feral and un-touchable. It gives me great personal satisfaction to see one of my former street waifs going into a home forever. Costly yes, but priceless.

K & L
02-06-2004, 06:39 AM
Queenscoopalot
I understand fully what you're saying. The point here is I have rescued many kittens and found homes, but eventually you run out of resources and people who want them. BTW, if you read some of my previous posts you will see I do have one of the kittens from that litter, Bo, the other calico. I feel I have reached my limit at home with 17. I also feel if you can't provide properly financially or medically, then you don't need anymore. Also, it wasn't like I saw these kittens the day they were born. The feral mom's hide them until they are old enough to wean and eat on their own. Sad part is I don't know of anyone willing to foster. The group we work with, AzCATs,use to foster but it got overwhelming and lack of volunteers willing to do this. Fostering is a full time job and many don't have the time or space for this.

I'm doing the best I can do with the resources and finances we have. I feel that since I couldn't find these kittens a place, at least I spayed/neutered them, provided them with shelter, and daily feedings. That is WAY more than they would have had without me and my husband.

Also, please check the link out I previously posted to you. Notice how healthy and well-fed these cats are. If you didn't know any better you would think they really belonged to someone. Well I guess they do, us!

I do appreciate your concern for the cats, cause this is what TNR is all about. I also think there are many out there that need the education about TNRing.

I'm not anger at anyone, but I did want to try and make a few people realize the time, effort, caring, and money that we go out of our way to provide for these babies.

Denyce
02-06-2004, 08:27 AM
K&L,

I think you do a great job of helping the feral cats you have there. I am impressed by the overwhelming job you manage to deal with EVERY single day. If there is a reward in this life or the next you most certainly have earned it.

Queenscoopsalot,

You too have done great work with difficult situations and you are to be commended. But you also need to realize that not every one's situation is the same. The resources are not the same and some communities are more blessed with people that can help than others. I think your concern is touching however I also wish you would temper your concern before making very judgmental statements and then continually comparing YOUR successful efforts to someone elses as if they just aren't doing enough. It just isn't fair. We want to hear about your successes. Just please start a new thread in Cat Rescue so we can just celebrate YOURS and in this thread concentrate on celebrating K&L's success in treating Button.

Also conditions in AZ are considerably different than the condition in the Northeast. K&L doesn't have to deal with freezing conditions this time of year like we do. Of course we don't have to deal with the EXTREME heat that she does in the summer. It is all a trade off

I hope everyone keeps up the hard work for all of the homeless cats out there.

Denyce