PDA

View Full Version : Bye to my PT buddies for 28 days!

Laura's Babies
02-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Time for me to go back to work. This has been a very emotional time off for me this time with all my concerns for Amy and you all helped with your support and not thinking I was being so silly for worrying. Yesterday was one of the best days she had in about 2 weeks, playing and acting a lot like a normal kitty. Thanks for your support.

What I didn't tell all of you was that my grand daughter had a baby the day after I got off in Jan., a beautiful baby boy but she had complications and was in ICU for about a week, but all is well with them now. The first two weeks was a emotional roller coaster with her and the second two weeks was so stressful because of worrying about Amy. Now that things have settled down, I have to go back to work.

The great part is my boat is just about at my back door for this crew change, should be right there in Baton Rouge so I should be around for a little Wed. morning before I have to leave. Folks, I have really enjoyed all of you and your babies pictures and I will be back sas soon as my feet hit the ground in March!

I will "sail" off into the sunset tomorrow, on a tow boat!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/p0aa3c22f0274be5245bdc64361636ca2/f9e52fd3.jpg

catcrazylady
02-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Laura we will really miss you while your gone!! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/frown.gif After your last month this might be just the break you need for a bit. Please don't work to hard and let us know the minute you get home!!!
Bon Voyage!!!!!:D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

edit: I will have pictures of the shelter babies using your blankets for when you return!! Thank you again!!!!

catnapper
02-03-2004, 10:30 AM
What do you do? Are you a captain? Looks exciting!

We will miss you! I am glad you found such compfort here.

catlover4ever
02-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Laura we will miss you dearly. I will continue to keep Amy in my prayers and I look forward to seeing you back on PT with pictures of Gizzy and Amy. :D Take care and be safe out there. --- Meg

Laura's Babies
02-03-2004, 12:00 PM
I am the cook for that boat, cook for a crew of 9 to 10, 3 meals a day. Easy job when you love to cook and I love cooking as much as I do cats. So I trade one passion for another every 28 days... Only I get paid to cook, that finances my love for my babies! LOL! But I SURE miss my babies when I am gone and you don't have to ask what background I keep on my laptop when I am on the boat! My most favorite one is this one...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/pc9073ce7ceb2607915eb6e9254c12fad/f9eee0e1.jpg

kimlovescats
02-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Laura, it has been so wonderful getting to know you and Amy better .... we will certainly miss you and look forward to seeing you back online! Have a safe voyage, and we'll see you soon!

(((HUGS))):)

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I am the cook for that boat...

...I keep on my laptop when I am on the boat!

w:Dw! :cool: Job!!

What's the NAME of your Boat??
I'll try to "track" you on the River with the Corps of Engineers
"Vessel Locator Site (http://www.mvr.usace.army.mil/navdata/boat-loc.htm).

You starting out going UP or DOWN the River?

AND...
Do you have InterNet capability while you're ON the Boat??

Kirsten
02-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Laura, we'll miss you, and you must miss your kitties so much while you're away! Have a safe journey!

Kirsten

trayi52
02-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Laura, we are going to miss you. I love reading your posts. So be safe while you are out there.

Willie

Edwina's Secretary
02-03-2004, 12:36 PM
I agree with Phred! What a fabulous job (except for the cooking part which I don't do very well! :D :rolleyes: )

Look forward to your return!

rg_girlca
02-03-2004, 12:52 PM
I was sorry to hear about your grand-daughter but very glad to hear that all is well now. Any chance of seeing pictures of the baby in the near future?
I'm also glad to hear that Amy is dong much better.
Have a safe trip and don't burn anything.(Just joking)
See you when you get back.
:)

jenluckenbach
02-03-2004, 12:58 PM
I'll miss seeing you for a month. I am sorry it was a stressful time off but glad that everything seems to be smoothing out before you leave. (It would be worse if you still had those great worries as you went off to work).
I simply love the picture you will have with you. So sweet indeed.
Have a safe journey and hurry back !!!!!

RedHedd
02-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Bon voyage, safe passage. We look forward to your return. Perhaps you'll run into the Feline Princess and can wave to all our kitties while out on your boat :D

Laura's Babies
02-03-2004, 05:43 PM
You can keep up with me easier than you said, we have (our company) our own web sight with boat positions right here

http://www.ingrambarge.com/barge_positions.asp

Scroll on down the the one "JOHN M DONNELLY". It gives you the river and the mile and if you click on the boat name, it gives you the boats stats and a link to "map Quest" and showes you on a map where we are. I am on the Lower Miss where there are no locks and dams so we were not on that web sight the last time I was there (a long time ago). This is how my family keeps up with where I am.

We do have boat email up to 1000 characters but no web surfing. I saw a ad for that wireless internet for travelers and it costs something like $89 a month..I would rather spend that money on something else.

I will really miss all of you and wonder what I am missing while I am gone. Especially, the pictures!

Uabassoon
02-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Have a safe 28 days on the boat :) We'll miss you here and can't wait to hear from you when you get back.

Miss Meow
02-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Have a great time!

Laura's Babies
02-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Don't you know better than to ask for baby pictures of a NEW baby? Especially from a Great-Grammy? (reckon he does count as one of "My Babies")

Now, was I lying when I said a "beautiful baby boy"? He arrives on Jan. 9 and weighted 7 pounds, 9 ounces, and I got to watch him be born!! YIPIEE!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/p7f67b9a142b6761a444bea28b27cb17d/f9e69615.jpg

and another, I won't do the whole collection.... LOL!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p2bb129db7cfaf8cf7aafd96a501326bf/f9b8e4ff.jpg

Steffi N
02-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Laura, you have a very beautiful great grandson. I am happy that your granddaughter has recovered and that Amy is getting better too. I am glad we were able to give you comfort during this rough time.
Have a safe voyage. We will all miss you until you get back.

trayi52
02-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Oh he is just beautiful Laura! You got to watch him be born? That is exciting, I got to see one of my granddaughters be born too. I just loved it!

You be careful while you gone, and get back to that grandbaby. Didn't you say great-grandbaby???

Willie:)

CatDad
02-03-2004, 10:36 PM
You will be missed while you are gone. It was great having you here.

I was happy to hear that all is well with your grand daughter and that she is doing well. I was also happy to hear that Amy was playing normally. She should just continue to get better from here.:)

It is too late now, but when you get back send me a PM and I can do some research on wireless access. I may be wrong but I think that you can get it cheaper then 89 a month. Anyway, if you want I would be happy to check.:)

Be safe and have fun on the river.:D

cutie_chica
02-03-2004, 11:18 PM
(((hugs)) we will miss ya while you are gone!!! :)

Laura's Babies
02-04-2004, 06:10 AM
I am suppose to meet my Captain at about 10 am this morning and we go meet the boat before it gets to Baton Rouge. We won't have far to go, maybe a 30 minute car ride. I have the greatest Captain in on the river, a wonderful guy. I am looking forwards to seeing my "Boat Family" again and catching up with everyone.
I sure missed my babies last night and waking up to being in bed alone. I heard from my son and he said Amy made the ride to his house fine (she hates a car ride but Giz being with her helps calm her) and that she and Giz have not missed a beat since they got there. My daughter said Chester was curled up in her husbands lap when I talked to her last so my babies are safe and happy.

Bye friends, I will miss all of you and your kitty stories and I pray all of you and yours will be safe and happy until I return. Laura