PDA

View Full Version : Some Happy News from My Shelter!

catcrazylady
02-03-2004, 08:09 AM
I went to the shelter last night and the dark end of the hallway that was full of cats was empty!! I was told that they had all gone to the stores to be adopted!!! YEA!!! They had 14 adoptions last week so they had room to move out more of the well kitties!! I was so happy! I know it won't take long to fill back up but it was a good moment last night!!
I took the little sick orange and white one named Mike from his cage and gave him sooooo many snuggles that he was a purring, vibrating machine!!! Then I found him a toy ball with the bell in it and put it in his cage. He went crazy and played for a long time. I bet anything he is even better today because I think love can cure many ails! My goal for Thursday is to get him a bath and clean up his back end some more. He is pretty much over the diarrhea but he still has stuff stuck on him. He reminds so much of Leroy and he just wants to be a well baby.
There is a BEAUTIFUL long haired silver girl that sleeps with her tongue sticking out!! She is as cute as a button!! She would adopt quickly but she has some kind of skin problem. It's not ringworm but they are treating whatever it is. She has a bald patch on the back of her neck. She is a love bug and will be a beautiful and sweet pet for someone.
Then there is Bastet! I had never heard that name before PT so I thought it was neat to find another cat with that name!! She is pretty but nothing special to attract attention. She has become my love baby. She climbs our of her cage and positions herself longways up and down my chest and stomach. She puts her nose and mouth on my chin and starts purring up a storm!! She will stay that way forever!! She is such a sweety but she does have one strange quirk...DON'T TOUCH HER STOMACH!! I don't just mean don't give her belly rubs, I mean don't touch her stomach even when trying to hold her! She will let you know in a flat minute that it is not acceptable!! They have had the vet check her several times for hernia or anything that could hurt her stomach but they can't find anything wrong. It is just a Bastet thing!!
I know I'm rambling everyone and I do apologize! My hubby, and co-workers want to hear a little but are ready for me to shut-up about it. I'm so excited and sad at the same time that I have to let it out!!
For all the good there is still so much bad but I'm trying to dwell on the good and do what I can to improve the bad.
Thanks for letting me vent!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

ramanth
02-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Rambling? Naw... I'm happy to hear that the shelter has been having successful adoptions. :) And Bastet sounds a lot like Zam. lol!

amoore
02-03-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm so glad you love all those kitties. Congratulations on finding homes for those babies. I hope the others finds a home full of love too.
Ramble on, If that is Rambling.....keep it up! I love hearing that kind!:D

Laura's Babies
02-03-2004, 08:54 AM
I love hearing about what you do. I just love kitty stories, that is why I come here to PT. My problem would be that I would want to take thm all home with me. My daughter hates taking me to Pet Smart because I want to bring all the kitties home. I made that comment one day while standing there and there was another lady looking at them too, and she said she brought a friend there that DID take all of them home. They are all just so beautiful and sweet!

catcrazylady
02-03-2004, 09:05 AM
You know when I used to go in Petsmart I would avoid going over to the caged cats. I couldn't stand seeing them in there. After being in my particular shelter I can promise you that they just moved from a one room studio to a condo!! Now I know that when they get a real home it will be nothing less than a PALACE!! My views have changed on some things since volunteering. On one hand I'm so glad I'm volunteering but on the other hand I wish I had never walked in the door! I will be a different person because of this. For the better I hope!!:D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

sirrahbed
02-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Rambling?? If that is what you call it - please keep it up because I hang on every single word and can picture everything you tell us about!! Is Mike the kitten you talked about on the first day - the one "trying to find something to do in his cage like a normal kitten"?? If so, I am THRILLED to hear he is doing better and want to hear about his bath and how beautiful he looks afterwards!:D Somehow, your description of that cat has stayed with me, you did not mention the color either :D Oh and Bastet sounds adorable!! Loves to snuggle but DON'T touch that belly!!
Keep the *rambling* coming - OK?

catcrazylady
02-03-2004, 10:07 AM
I'm going to try to remember to take my camera next week. I would love to get a few pictures for you guys.
Yes Sirrahbed Mike is the little guy I talked about in my first thread. He was so sick but he has greatly improved. He only had one sneezing fit that I saw last night and he is certainly more energetic now. He is one of the sweetest kittens I have ever held. You know how most kittens are ready to go and get into something. A few minutes of loving and they gotta go!! Not this little guy! Of course, once you got him home he would probably be singing a different tune!! You know the sweet things they can do to snooker you!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

sirrahbed
02-03-2004, 10:47 AM
oh YES, pictures would be wonderful!!! Be sure to get little Mike for me OK???:D hmmm...how far are you from Dayton??:D :D <getting out the map>..not far!!! have you "met" Sonny, Rusty, Jasper or Donald??? (found them at the site:D ) You can guess the color. If so, please scratch and snuggle them for me ok?

catlover4ever
02-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Your not rambling. I can actually picture in my mind all of these kitties and the work that you are doing. I would love to see some pictures of the babies you are taking care of.

amoore
02-03-2004, 11:24 AM
That would be great! Take some pictures ! I love that idea! And would love to hear anything you have to say about all the little sweethearts.:D

Kirsten
02-03-2004, 11:54 AM
That's happy news indeed! :)

And it would be great if we could see pictures of little Mike, sweet Bastet and the the beautiful silver girl! :) Alone from the way you describe them it's so easy to fall in love with them! :)

Kirsten

kimlovescats
02-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Lisa, what an encouraging update!!! Fourteen adoptions!!!! :D
Also, you are already witnessing what your special LOVE for these babies can and is doing for them!!! Just showing them the special attention, getting them out for hugs, and giving them toys .... it gives them reason to continue fighting for their good health and hopes for a new home soon!!! ;)

THANK YOU for all you are doing, and yes... pictures would be wonderful too!

((((((HUGS TO LISA))))) :)

jenluckenbach
02-03-2004, 01:05 PM
14 adoptions is a wonderful success !! And then moving more cats out is another !!!

It's a rollercoaster, but the "goods' hopefully make up for the 'bads".

Keep on rambling!!!!!

rg_girlca
02-03-2004, 01:09 PM
It's so good to hear of all the adoptions. What a great job you are able to do. It must be so rewarding and yet at the same time so heartbreaking.
In regards to rambling, to me it isn't rambling, it's you giving us updates on these precious babies that you love and take care of. Nothing gets better than that.
Can't wait to see pictures.

cutie_chica
02-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Congrats on the shelter. Can you Message me the name of the shelter I would love to donate some money :)